Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

wonder how much time im sitting searching the internet for some little rumor to keep me going. im like ray charles, "cmon man, just gimme a taste"

and it will all happen when you're asleep.

chill out man, it'll happen weter you are on line or not

Ben Arfa is the most ball-greedy player I've seen for years, and I think it'll be Spurs who are in for him. (Seriously).

Agree with the first bit, don't really agree with the second.  He's already turned down Spurs twice but it was Jol was keen on him.  Don't think Ben Arfa is the type of player that Ramos would be keen enough on to make a third attempt.  Always been said he wanted to join Arsenal but whether Wenger wants him is another thing.

Guest Stephen927

Shorey looks set to leave Reading this summer. We only have one recognised left back at the club.

West Ham, Villa and Newcastle linked with him today.

Guest MaetihS

The problem is that in Europe Rangers have been playing with an 8 man defence. Even Weir has looked good in that set up. I'd much prefer Dunne.

We could have won something during Sir Bobby's days if we had Weir. Even now, an aging Weir would be value add to us. Rather Taylor plays like the current Weir rather than like himself.

The problem is that in Europe Rangers have been playing with an 8 man defence. Even Weir has looked good in that set up. I'd much prefer Dunne.

We could have won something during Sir Bobby's days if we had Weir. Even now, an aging Weir would be value add to us. Rather Taylor plays like the current Weir rather than like himself.

:rolleyes:

A load of bollocks tbh, he was average at best. You're making out David Weir is fucking Maldini and would've made our defence solid just by his mere presence...

:idiot2:

Am I about to get whooshed?

:undecided:

What does your Mrs think of Weir??? :-)

Guest MaetihS

She is only interested in French football, know nuts on English football but enjoy watcjhing Arsenal; no surpriss, french connections. Doubt she will know anything abt Weir. btw, she was surprised that Utaka is doing so well in England as he is very inconsistent and a bit part player in France.

Guest icemanblue

She is only interested in French football, know nuts on English football but enjoy watcjhing Arsenal; no surpriss, french connections. Doubt she will know anything abt Weir. btw, she was surprised that Utaka is doing so well in England as he is very inconsistent and a bit part player in France.

Er... Is he?

Guest MaetihS

A load of bollocks tbh, he was average at best. You're making out David Weir is f***ing Maldini and would've made our defence solid just by his mere presence...

I am saying he will add value like with his reading of the game and such and not a one man defence :rolleyes:

Guest MaetihS

A load of bollocks tbh, he was average at best. You're making out David Weir is f***ing Maldini and would've made our defence solid just by his mere presence...

I am saying he will add value like with his reading of the game and such and not a one man defence :rolleyes:

Sir Bobby did say after a match against Everton that if we have their defence (which includes Weir), we will be top of the league. Rembered Weir was outstanding in that game.

Weir in his prime was not average at all. He'd be no use to you know obviously but he's easily better than any defender I can remember you having over the same period bar Woodgate. Man Utd were sniffing round him at one point.

Weir in his prime was not average at all. He'd be no use to you know obviously but he's easily better than any defender I can remember you having over the same period bar Woodgate. Man Utd were sniffing round him at one point.

I'm guessing they signed Blanc instead?

Not taking the piss there btw

I'm guessing they signed Blanc instead?

Not taking the piss there btw

Can't remember tbh mate I just know there were strong rumours of him going there years back which wouldn't have been far fetched.

Not sure if it has been mentioned (probably has with 140 other pages), but I can't see Anelka staying at Chelsea next season.

Could be leaving for 6-7m, would he interest you?

Been out on the lash?

They paid £15 million for him 5 months go, they aren't going to let him leave for less than half of that now.

The player has also said that he doesn't want to leave and knows there will be more opportunities in the future.

However if Grant goes, I guess that changes.....

Guest teepee

I wish we hadn't let him go, showed real class, Shearer ridded us of him.

who, kluivert :D

was crap, showed one or two touches of brilliance, nothing more

Not sure if it has been mentioned (probably has with 140 other pages), but I can't see Anelka staying at Chelsea next season.

Could be leaving for 6-7m, would he interest you?

Been out on the lash?

They paid £15 million for him 5 months go, they aren't going to let him leave for less than half of that now.

The player has also said that he doesn't want to leave and knows there will be more opportunities in the future.

However if Grant goes, I guess that changes.....

They're not going to get the £15m back.

For teams like Chelsea, a £7m or so loss is nothing.

Let's say he goes for £10m, I'd still be interested.

He's hopelessly out of touch at Chelsea, surrounded by better players etc.