Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I really, really hope not.

Toon boss lines up bid for Spurs defender

KING KEV ON GARD

NEWCASTLE are ready to make a surprise move for Tottenham defender Anthony Gardner.

Toon boss Kevin Keegan has turned to the former Port Vale man as pay talks with local boy Steven Taylor continue to stall.

Gardner, 26, has been pushed down the White Hart Lane pecking order after the arrival of Jonathan Woodgate in January.

What's the source for this rubbish?  Stoke and QPR are squabbling him, Stoke are thinking about increasing their bid to £1.5m.  If they sign him, will anyone seriously believe that Newcastle missed out??

Express this morning goes with the story that Ashley has been told by hs aides to sack Keegan and to replace him with Dick Advocaat.

"journos" like that should be writing fiction full time. Or is that already their job description?

not that I don't think Advocaat is brilliant, would have been chuffed if we had gotten him before Keegan came in.

Guest MaetihS

Express this morning goes with the story that Ashley has been told by hs aides to sack Keegan and to replace him with Dick Advocaat.

Seriously dun mind that for the greater good. Dick will be a more famous coach who can attract better players. Also, he is a winner.

Seriously dun mind that for the greater good. Dick will be a more famous coach who can attract better players. Also, he is a winner.

:laugh:

[move]WUM[/move]

I think people really need to lower their expectations, even Gardner is a big ask from this club atm.

What a load of shit. You're a tabloid newspaper's dream. :lol:

Guest MaetihS

I think people really need to lower their expectations, even Gardner is a big ask from this club atm.

And pple thought i am being pessimistic.

:lol:

I've given up on this boards ability to bring in anything that resembles a forward step in a player, i can possibly see them bringing in some same level clowns but that's about it. Not getting Gardner is an over exaggeration because i think that's the only calibre of player were going to be able to bring in this summer.

I've given up on this boards ability to bring in anything that resembles a forward step in a player, i can possibly see them bringing in some same level clowns but that's about it. Not getting Gardner is an over exaggeration because i think that's the only calibre of player were going to be able to bring in this summer.

Jesus wept :lol:

Were Beye, Enrique and Faye not forward steps to what we already had in defence?

I suppose they have had nearly a whole year though, lets all give up now :D

I can't believe I'm biting again, but based on what? Given up ffs. :lol:

Based on their policy so far. Cut as much out of the wage budget as possible and sign no one.

Jesus wept :lol:

Were Beye, Enrique and Faye not forward steps to what we already had in defence?

I suppose they have had nearly a whole year though, lets all give up now :D

Yes they were, credit where credit is due, but lets not wait till the last day of the window to bring in key players and get them settling in when the season is underway.

The wage bill is over-inflated and hardly anyone has made any signings yet. Chelsea and Spursx2 isn't it? Wow, we're sure missing out.

I agree with cutting the wage bill, it needs it, get rid of 90% of the team and start again, but it won't happen, and we'll just end up with more crap by the time the window closes and the wage bill difference will be minimal.

The wage bill is over-inflated and hardly anyone has made any signings yet. Chelsea and Spursx2 isn't it? Wow, we're sure missing out.

I agree with cutting the wage bill, it needs it, get rid of 90% of the team and start again, but it won't happen, and we'll just end up with more crap by the time the window closes and the wage bill difference will be minimal.

So you're admitting you're slating the club for something that's not even happened yet? Come on man, give them a chance.

If we're in the same situation in August you won't be alone in voicing your displeasure.

So you're admitting you're slating the club for something that's not even happened yet? Come on man, give them a chance.

If we're in the same situation in August you won't be alone in voicing your displeasure.

Yeah and all i'll get at me is 'In hindsight this, in hindsight that' it happens every window.