Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

A loan deal may happen, but does that mean we cannot target a LB to buy? I mena come on surely there must be someone out there worth buying.

Ask harry-norway. I'm sure he knows some top quality players that are desperate to join us.

Insua will not be sold, he's too good to let go and if you think we're so hard up Kaka, maybe you could explain why we're still buying young players.

Insua is part of the future of LFC along with Nemeth, Plessis, Pacheco and a few others.

It is the clubs way of preparing for the shortfall in money for transfers once the new stadium starts getting built and has been ongoing for the last four years.  Although, I have to admit, the yanks might not be happy with the buying of young players as well as established players, I don't know.

Insua did look really good and I would be surprised if he was allowed to leave and join us, so you are probably right.

Liverpool would be daft to loan Insua out. Whereas selling Guthrie is one thing, as he's simply surplus to requirements, loaning out someone like Insua is another. He's a very good young player, and if Dossena gets injured, we'd be short of a left back, and he'd be needed. So I hope this little story ain't true  :coolsmiley:

Liverpool would be daft to loan Insua out. Whereas selling Guthrie is one thing, as he's simply surplus to requirements, loaning out someone like Insua is another. He's a very good young player, and if Dossena gets injured, we'd be short of a left back, and he'd be needed. So I hope this little story ain't true  :coolsmiley:

We only sign players out of the blue that have had no media links previously so I'd say it wasn't.

sorry if you've been asked this before.....but what do you think of Guthrie?

You do still have Aurelio though and Arbeloa played at left back at times also, but I do agree in general, it would be surprising if he was allowed to leave.

Tbh I've not seen a HUGE amount of Guthrie to give a really valued opinion! I saw him play maybe 5 or 6 full games last season, and saw him play a handful of times for Liverpool ressies. What I recal of him is being a tidy and hard working player. Pretty versatile as he has played centrally and out wide (although he's certainly no winger).  He's simply surplus to requirements with us. Cos he's not going to get ahead of the midfielders we do have, not even as a squad player really. I think Rafa just took the opportunity to take the money while he could. He's a young player who'll work hard and be desparate to do well I'd suggest, so hopefully it works out for him and Newcastle.

You do still have Aurelio though and Arbeloa played at left back at times also, but I do agree in general, it would be surprising if he was allowed to leave.

Aurelio though has such injury troubles - something we knew when he was signed, it was a risk the club where willing to take, but everyone knows he can't be relied upon to stay fit! You are right about Arbeloa, he can fill in there. But if Finnan is sold, then he's also gonna end up covering right back as well.

I'd think that IF Finnan stays, then maybe Insua could go on loan, if Finnan leaves, then I'd be surprised if he's allowed to go on loan. But hey, I'll probably call that wrong, and he'll get signed on loan tomorrow  ;D

Personally I want him to stay, as he's a good young player and it'd be good to see him get a few games, and start to establish himself.

http://forums.journallive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=10538

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Posted by - slayer

I have managed to get hold of part of `Keegans List` from a club insider

...anybody know anything about these players?

Kiki Snakkirs.......defender

Onmi Edsun........striker

Greza Miparm.....striker

Pazzit Eresun......midfielder

Gerreb Owtabit...midfielder

Geddis Legorff....defender

Best bit was this the 1st response..

Posted by - Seb

Never heard of them I must confess.

A loan? Where has the Modric money gone? Are we skint? :dave:

Really hope it's not true.

Maybe Keegan likes the look of this guy but has been told that he would only be available on a loan for the time being.

Would you rather Keegan/The club

(a) Take the loan, strenghtening relations between the clubs for a possible transfer next summer

(b) Decide that actually, no we'll go elsewhere, start another player appraisal and maybe buy a second choice fullback this summer.

No right answer btw, but I'd prefer option (a)

A loan deal may happen, but does that mean we cannot target a LB to buy? I mena come on surely there must be someone out there worth buying.

Ask harry-norway. I'm sure he knows some top quality players that are desperate to join us.

Why oh why have you got that fat Mackem turncoat Beefy in your avatar?

The bloke's an embarrassment.

Guest mandakin

Liverpool Fan here:

I agree with Rafa. I dont think Insua was ever offered to Newcastle in exchange for Milner. He is that highly rated in the academy. Most insiders in liverpool forums were calling that previous article by Oliver, bollocks.

I would be surprised even if he went out on loan though.  Rafa is looking to sell Finnan and Degen is unproven. So Arbeloa maybe our first choice right back. On the left we have Dossena and Aurelio ( who gets crocked after playing 3 games). He has already talked about fullbacks being more attacking next season with the width coming from them. He has mentioned Dossena, Aurelio and Insua as the three left back options for next season.

In case he ends up joining you on loan this is an overview of himm.

According to reserve coach Ablett, the only reason Insua has not got more games is that he still needs to work on his positioning. He still does not have a balance between attack and defense. Either he is too defensive or too attacking. But when he is on the top of his game the lad is an absolute quality player. He is extremely comfortable on the ball, has a rocket of a shot, good crossing ability and has some decent collection of dribbling tricks. He can cover in central defense also. That was his position in Boca juniors.

Liverpool Fan here:

I agree with Rafa. I dont think Insua was ever offered to Newcastle in exchange for Milner. He is that highly rated in the academy. Most insiders in liverpool forums were calling that previous article by Oliver, bollocks.

I would be surprised even if he went out on loan though.  Rafa is looking to sell Finnan and Degen is unproven. So Arbeloa maybe our first choice right back. On the left we have Dossena and Aurelio ( who gets crocked after playing 3 games). He has already talked about fullbacks being more attacking next season with the width coming from them. He has mentioned Dossena, Aurelio and Insua as the three left back options for next season.

According to reserve coach Ablett, the only reason Insua has not got more games is that he still needs to work on his positioning. He still does not have a balance between attack and defense. Either he is too defensive or too attacking. But when he is on the top of his game the lad is an absolute quality player. He is extremely comfortable on the ball, has a rocket of a shot, good crossing ability and has some decent collection of dribbling tricks. He can cover in central defense also. That was his position in Boca juniors.

Everything he writes is.

Liverpool Fan here:

Interesting. Midfield diamond perhaps?

Mascherano deep, Barry narrow left, Gerrard  narrow right and Keane just behind the strikers.

Torres and Kuyt upfront.

I could so do a better job than Rafa  :snod:

Liverpool Fan here:

Mascherano deep, Barry narrow left, Gerrard  narrow right and Keane just behind the strikers.

Torres and Kuyt upfront.

Not if you think that playing Dirk Kuyt as a central striker is a good idea, especially if you're including Robbie Keane as being a Liverpool player available for selection up front too...    :rolleyes:

:lol:

Guest mandakin

Liverpool Fan here:

Everything he writes is.

;D ..Every club seems to have one or two of those journalist. Looks like it is really easy to become a sports journalist these days in the UK..

I made the wrong career decision

Liverpool Fan here:

Everything he writes is.

;D ..Every club seems to have one or two of those journalist. Looks like it is really easy to become a sports journalist these days in the UK..

I made the wrong career decision

We're still waiting for Bret Emerton's imminent signing...it's only been 5 years now. The only good thing he ever did was turn against Graeme Souness which probably got him sacked quicker.

Newcastle United on the verge of a very big and very good signing.

But that's for the paper too.

Good to see some people can actually close deals.

Liverpool Fan here:

Torres and Kuyt upfront.

Not if you think that playing Dirk Kuyt as a central striker is a good idea, especially if you're including Robbie Keane as being a Liverpool player available for selection up front too...    :rolleyes:

:lol:

It will be Kuyts job to harry and harrass the oppositions defenders, defending from the front. Do not underestimate his committment and the desire he plays with, as it lifts the team. In this setup he wouldn't be under pressure to score as much either and his defensive help would be invaluable to the narrower midfield.

Your such an amateur ...

Newcastle United on the verge of a very big and very good signing.

But that's for the paper too.

Good to see some people can actually close deals.

What?

ITK bollocks from a journo who posts on the Blackburn forums named Nicko.