Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest optimistic nit

The United boss admits he has been looking for a right-back and left-back since the end of last season, but stresses this is no reflection on the ability of his Spanish under-21 international.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/04/jose-enrique-to-be-a-slimline-tonic-72703-21461008/

There's no way in the world it wasn't a blatant free kick at Doncaster.

???

keegan says that it was a freekick and sloppy from jose.

The United boss admits he has been looking for a right-back and left-back since the end of last season, but stresses this is no reflection on the ability of his Spanish under-21 international.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/04/jose-enrique-to-be-a-slimline-tonic-72703-21461008/

No way was it a free kick. :lol:

In an ideal world we'd have 2 players for every position, but at this stage that's highly unlikely. I'd be happy enough if we got in an Arbeloa type player who can adequately cover anywhere across the back 4, or even just both fullback positions.

Eh? The bloke just shoved him in the back, there's not a Premiership referee would let that go in a million years.

Eh? The bloke just shoved him in the back, there's not a Premiership referee would let that go in a million years.

:nope:

Didn't see that at all, sorry. Not one fan in the away end was shouting for a foul that I can remember. Enrique fucked about and lost the ball. That's about it.

Keegan is spot on btw, Enrique does fanny about on the ball to much.

Terry Mac should take him up in the stands and show him where row Z is so he's got somewhere to aim for when he's under pressure.

:nope:

Didn't see that at all, sorry. Not one fan in the away end was shouting for a foul that I can remember. Enrique fucked about and lost the ball. That's about it.

You've seen it since though? It's never a fair challenge in a month of Sundays. The arm comes out and just shoves him over.

What a shit translation. :lol:

For anyone who can't be arsed, it's AS again, and they say VdV's transfer to Madrid means Baptista is off. Us and Roma are interested, but neither have offered enough at this point. They want 15m euros apparently. Though there's been no official mention to Baptista or his agent yet, the paper reckons it's clear they want to sell him.

Man I'm bored.

Keegan reckons 2 more signings, 3 at a push, Coloccini's obviously one, a midfielder and a striker the other 2 I would hope.

think a left back will be one. Then hopefully a creative midfielder. I reckon/hope we could get through with Owen, Martins and the Duke, at least till Chrsitmas. I do emphasise HOPE though,.

For anyone who can't be arsed, it's AS again, and they say VdV's transfer to Madrid means Baptista is off. Us and Roma are interested, but neither have offered enough at this point. They want 15m euros apparently. Though there's been no official mention to Baptista or his agent yet, the paper reckons it's clear they want to sell him.

Man I'm bored.

:lol:

'The Italian club has asked for its cession, assuming the card of the player, but Madrid has rejected the proposal. The Newcastle, however, yes accedes to buy to the international, although by less than 15 million than the white club asks.'

Does that mean Roma wanted him on loan, whereas we offered to buy?

I dunno. :laugh:

Keegan reckons 2 more signings, 3 at a push, Coloccini's obviously one, a midfielder and a striker the other 2 I would hope.

think a left back will be one. Then hopefully a creative midfielder. I reckon/hope we could get through with Owen, Martins and the Duke, at least till Chrsitmas. I do emphasise HOPE though,.

Silly imo, we're not desperate for a left back, Enrique's pretty sound and N'Zogbia and Bassong if desperate could fill in, we're desperate for a creative midfielder and with Viduka's injury problems we'll be down to Owen and Martins (Haven't played well together in the past) And we all know what comes after that.

Man I'm bored.

:lol:

:huff:

we need a central midfielder right now a creative one. A world class player a star, why not Riquelme? old? maybe but miles better then what we got and with Gutierrez and (dont want to jinx this) coloccini he might be tempted. Or why not make the final push for Baptista or even just try for diego...please god damn it this is frustrating someone calm me down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we need a central midfielder right now a creative one. A world class player a star, why not Riquelme? old? maybe but miles better then what we got and with Gutierrez and (dont want to jinx this) coloccini he might be tempted. Or why not make the final push for Baptista or even just try for diego...please god damn it this is frustrating someone calm me down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax, KK will get the players in he needs, he knows what he's doing but I hope he can get another striker in.

Shut up :lol:

Shut up :lol:

:( yo say what?  :frantic: