Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Well mate let's be blunt. Panic buys like Luque who wanted 35k but Freddy offered him 75k.

We always seem to overlook the glaringly obvious buys and get totally random ones. Players like Duff Carr and baba stay on for longer than they should too. We need a n overhaul.

And NONE of the staff/club officials involved in any of those deals are at the club now. And all, bar Duff, have actually left the club.

Sound argument like.

this is one of the big reasons I'm hopeful of a bright future, yes we'll make the odd mistake but the ambition is there, Mike just has to match it with his wallet....

I'm not sure Mike has that much money. Living in NY is probably quite draining on his pockets, tbh.

Guest Heneage

Well mate let's be blunt. Panic buys like Luque who wanted 35k but Freddy offered him 75k.

We always seem to overlook the glaringly obvious buys and get totally random ones. Players like Duff Carr and baba stay on for longer than they should too. We need a n overhaul.

And NONE of the staff/club officials involved in any of those deals are at the club now. And all, bar Duff, have actually left the club.

Sound argument like.

So you think every purchase this summer will be a good one and in no way similar to the previous regime? If that's true sir a pint I shall buy you.

Guest Stephen927

Thomas Gravesen on a free

Please no.  :lol:

Haven't seen enough of Zarate to be convinced that he's worth £10m or however much his club are asking for.

Thomas Gravesen on a free

Please no.  :lol:

Haven't seen enough of Zarate to be convinced that he's worth £10m or however much his club are asking for.

Damn you really quashed my arguement with a laughing smiley.

For me Thomas Gravesen would still have something to offer our squad, not our first 11 but our squad.

Zarate is hugely talented, it would be a risk but who isn't these days?

Zarate would definately be on my shopping list if i was KK.

£10m for a 21 creative, pacy south american South American striker who's already had a year to get used to the premiership, and in that time has shown glimses of brilliance. Yes please!!!!!!

Zarate

Huddlestone

Pennant

S Larsson

Crouch

Shorey

Dunne

A quality shopping list of very gettable players who are all Premiership proven.

Can't seem to fathom the Huddlestone situation. Everytime i have seen him play he has looked good, yet slightly inconsistant (age). If Spurs are letting him go then i'd take him without a doubt.

Apparently Ramos offered Huddlestone + cash for someone which suggests he's prepared to let him go. Every time i've seen him play i've been really impressed. His dead ball delivery is excellent and he's a massive fooker as well which helps in this league.

Guest Stephen927

brilliant passer as well. I always thought ramos rated him.

Yeah, I always thought that too. Lost a canny bit of weight under Ramos too.

Would add some much needed height to this team.

If Huddlestone is available, he would be a quality singing!

Also really hope we go in for Muamba, really good defensive mid but gets about the pitch, young but plenty of prem experience.

I think Brum will sell this summer and we should go in for Larsson, Zarate, McFadden and Muamba.

Also really hope we go in for Muamba, really good defensive mid but gets about the pitch, young but plenty of prem experience.

I think Brum will sell this summer and we should go in for Larsson, Zarate, McFadden and Muamba.

You're aiming for 11th next season, are ya?

None of them a good enough

None of them a good enough

*ahem* zarate

realistic targets lads for SQUAD players we could get in on the cheap.

Of the players I listed only Zarate and Muamba would be starters IMO, but I think McFadden and Larsson would be good squad players, both regular internationals with prem experience!

so how many of you lot have seen zarate play a full match during the past few weeks?

or are you judging him based on MOTD highlights? :lol:

YES I AM ;)

No seriously, i think he has alot about him. His finishing ability looks fantastic, similar to Eduardo in the style. He also drops deep and help create as well as having a good set piece on him. That's a lot for a 21 year old in his first 6 months.

A close friend of mine is a Birmingham season ticket holder and he raves about him. He was tearing his hair out that McLeish didn't start him more often.

I've seen him play a few times on football first but never a full game, but what i have seen of him has been impressive

Why exactly would Nobby suddenly come back here again after only leaving us in the first place for family-based circumstances that still exist?

I want Bentley and Bullard for starters me like.

Both easily attainable targets who would improve us no end immediately and have us surging up the league.

Eh?

How exactly is Bentley easy attainable?

He plays for a diddy club whom finished above us in the league but that means very little in this instance really. We bid, they accept and he jumps at the chance to play for a more prestigious club and earn more money.

Simple.

Guest sondre

Also, if we're going to persist with the 4-3-3 anyone else think Mohammed Zidan would be worth a look?

considering that he's been doing the business in the German leagues for a few years already now, you'd think he'd have moved already if he was big league material.

Berbatov did the business for some years before he left Bundesliga. He's big league material, isn't he?

Guest The Libertine

Why exactly would Nobby suddenly come back here again after only leaving us in the first place for family-based circumstances that still exist?

and Solano's told you this recently?