Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Have we been linked with many defensive players? Veloso has been the only defnsive target that has really excited me. Not exactly been linked with many young defenders in the same vain as the attackers.

Sakho from PSG and Nelson from Benfica(?) but he's 24.

I think defence is an area where we need to bring in a leader which usually means a player with plenty of years experience.

Have we been linked with many defensive players? Veloso has been the only defnsive target that has really excited me. Not exactly been linked with many young defenders in the same vain as the attackers.

Johnny Evans on loan at Sunderland is set to be offered a 30k/wk contract according to some reports. I don't know what Taylor's asking for but he should probably be worried.

Johnny Evans on loan at Sunderland is set to be offered a 30k/wk contract according to some reports. I don't know what Taylor's asking for but he should probably be worried.

Where did you get that from mate about Evans being offered 30k? I've read the link, just nothing be talked about financial figures or anything.

Where did you get that from mate about Evans being offered 30k? I've read the link, just nothing be talked about financial figures or anything.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1174759.ece

It's The Sun so you can take it or leave it, but the interest seems to be genuine and 30k (even if it's made up) probably wouldn't be too far wide of the mark.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1174759.ece

It's The Sun so you can take it or leave it, but the interest seems to be genuine and 30k (even if it's made up) probably wouldn't be too far wide of the mark.

Wonder if thats why he was "injured" for the derby game.

There'd be some serious back-tracking from that lot down the road in terms of his ability if he did end up here.

Guest kleinhero

We should try to get Daniele Dessena from Parma, I think he is going to be a very solid player. Have seen him a couple times and he wouldn't be very expensive

We should try to get Daniele Dessena from Parma, I think he is going to be a very solid player. Have seen him a couple times and he wouldn't be very expensive

seconded, but seems like Newcastle didn't fancy Italians?

Guest sondre

They're going to bankrupt themselves at this rate

Some friends of mine, who's spurs-fans, can't stop talking about how much dough they got..

Guest guinness_fiend

We can only hope.

This transfer window could be Mike Ashley's masterstroke - do not spend anything, let everyone else bankrupt themselves and get points deducted etc. and then win the league by proxy.  I'd take it!

I think they are spending on the basis they'll be champions league side next year.  Could go horribly wrong......... or right if you hate them like I do.

I think Spurs are perfectly safe to be honest - they spend what they make, dbt free so they can balance out tranfsers against revenue pretty effectively, no interest on debts etc...they're also being backed by Joe Lewis of ENIC so they've got a benefactory owner as well.

Guest teepee

We can only hope.

This transfer window could be Mike Ashley's masterstroke - do not spend anything, let everyone else bankrupt themselves and get points deducted etc. and then win the league by proxy.  I'd take it!

or a slightly more moderat version of this - let spurs etc go ballistic in their early spending spree, and then slowly secure our other targets without this media hysteria....

Some friends of mine, who's spurs-fans, can't stop talking about how much dough they got..

They will make that money back when they sell Berbatov anyway.

They will make that money back when they sell Berbatov anyway.

Not if they start offering him around other clubs, if the likes of ManU get a sniff that Spurs want to sell the price will be dampened abit

Guest shaun11177

Joe Ledley of Cardiff looked a good left winger.

Fazio is a young Argentine i think centre back and plays a bit for Sevilla.

The right winger for recently relegated Zaragoza-Sergio Garcia.

I think they are spending on the basis they'll be champions league side next year.  Could go horribly wrong......... or right if you hate them like I do.

I think Spurs are perfectly safe to be honest - they spend what they make, dbt free so they can balance out tranfsers against revenue pretty effectively, no interest on debts etc...they're also being backed by Joe Lewis of ENIC so they've got a benefactory owner as well.

You sure about that?

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/34/biz_soccer08_Tottenham-Hotspur_340013.html

Looks to be around £30m to me. This Spurs fan's site has them with £10m in the bank in 2006:

http://www.football-finances.org.uk/spurs/debt2.htm

Slippery slope IYAM.  :razz: