Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

The club's new transfer policy is to buy young talent that WE can develop into stars.

Anelka is 29, will cost big money and will no doubt be on huge wages - there is no chance we'll sign him.

Next!

Otherwise known as Jo the striker who plays for CSKA Moscow. 6 foot 3 with pace, power and skill and only 21 and has a ridiculous scoring record in the Russian league as well as performing in the champions league too.

Now he keeps getting linked to Man City, but I have a feeling we will show some interest. Fits all the criteria of what we are supposedly looking for in our new signings, and doesn't quite appear to be drawing the big time attraction from the top clubs yet.

Anyone else seen much of him, and if so what think you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo%C3%A3o_Alves_de_Assis_Silva

Could this really not have gone in the "Realistic Targets" thread or whatever if you think we should go for him? No need for a new thread when we haven't been linked.

:blush:

Pardon my overexcitement.

Can someone merge this or whatever it is the powers that be do?

Guest realboatman

They are still talking -there's just intrest nothing concrete .sorry for my bad english) :-[

Guest elpapi

Mybe intrest for Manasseh Ishiaku from Duisburg,Germany.

Ohh please no. This is just an awful joke :-) If you mix, Ameobi, McShane and Martins, you get Ishiaku... And I only put Martins in there because he does summersaults... This guy wasn't even good enough for the Belgian League... Please tell me you're not ITK

It says today in a Swedish newspaper that we've been watching a U21 player called Rasmus Bengtsson(Trelleborg) on several occasions and that we're supposed to be watching him yet again when the U21s play this week. Don't know much about him but he's 21 and hasn't made himself a very big name in football yet. I hear he's regarded as one of the top centre half prospects in this country though. Maybe someone else from Sweden can fill me in...

It says today in a Swedish newspaper that we've been watching a U21 player called Rasmus Bengtsson(Trelleborg) on several occasions and that we're supposed to be watching him yet again when the U21s play this week. Don't know much about him but he's 21 and hasn't made himself a very big name in football yet. I hear he's regarded as one of the top centre half prospects in this country though. Maybe someone else from Sweden can fill me in...

I have no idea. I have a friend who plays for Trelleborg who i can ask about him, But he's a busy guy and i dont have his phone number right now..

Otherwise known as Jo the striker who plays for CSKA Moscow. 6 foot 3 with pace, power and skill and only 21 and has a ridiculous scoring record in the Russian league as well as performing in the champions league too.

Now he keeps getting linked to Man City, but I have a feeling we will show some interest. Fits all the criteria of what we are supposedly looking for in our new signings, and doesn't quite appear to be drawing the big time attraction from the top clubs yet.

Keegan had already said he wont sign South Americans....well those that haven`t proven themselves in the EPL unfortounately

Keegan had already said he wont sign South Americans....well those that haven`t proven themselves in the EPL unfortounately

He never said he won't, he said he'd prefer not to.

Can anyone remember when SBR said he could go out and buy us a load of cheap South Americans that would win us the league in an instant, but he doesn't want too?

:lol:

Guest Sniffer

Good. I'd prefer that he doesn't as well.

Go on then, I'll bite. Why is that?

You know why and that we can sum up our south american signings in.... mackems.gif

Guest Heneage

I have no idea. I have a friend who plays for Trelleborg who i can ask about him, But he's a busy guy and i dont have his phone number right now..

Is he english just that's awfully random  ;D

I could ask Ole if he's heard much about him or a few mates of mine who watch Swede league.