Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

180 pages of 'Realistic Summer Targets' and yet we've made no signings.  :dance:

Half of the players in this thread (if not more) are unrealistic, to be fair.

Henry and Ronaldinho unrealistic? Yeah right...

We're going to win the league FFS!

Spuds ready to sell

Bent for £8m

Chimbonda for £2m

Lennon for £6m

Kaboul for £2m

I'd probably take the lot at once if am honest, would boost the squad no ends.

Also Huddlestone for £5m, i'd have him as well.

I'd take Lennon and Bent, wouldn't want the others. There's a reason they want rid.

Didn't think you'd accept other clubs' cast-offs btw. ;)

Most players sold are cast-offs, just depends on the quality of the cast off.

All of the above for those prices would enhance our squad, some of them straight into the 1st team. I don't mind good business, and they would be good business.

Ramos thinks Kaboul may have moved into the Premiership too early but isn't writing him off.  He may still go to WBA on a season long loan, other clubs are also in the mix for a loan.

Of the others, Spurs won't sell Bent for £8m while Sunderland are in regular contact, Chimbonda may go for £4m, Lennon a bit more than £6m and Hudd may possibly go to Blackburn as part of a deal for Bentley, depends on who Ince actually wants to be added to his squad.

Seems like mostly s*** clubs are the only ones interested, giving a truer valuation of their worth.

Newcastle and Wham are the only clubs showing interest in Lennon.  Newcastle have also made noises about Chimbonda, Pompey want Kaboul.  Not all exactly s*** clubs.

BTW, the Sun is saying that Spurs won't sell Lennon to Newcastle as they want to use him as bait to get Bentley.  That's not true, Lennon has refused point blank to move to Blackburn.

MJ can you please confirm that this Dawson talk is nonsense.

We all know you probably can't REALLY confirm this, but we'll all play along for this rumour at least.

Cheers mate  :thup:

Newcastle asked about his situation a while ago (no offer or bid) and I've heard nothing since.  Maybe the current rumour is leading from that or maybe there has been more recent conversations, I don't honestly know.

You are supposed to confirm that it is nonsense dude. What the heck is wrong with you?

I'm living in hope tbh! :lol:

My predictions is as follows:

Euro 2008 Semi (Germany v's Turkey) = 25th of June (Turkey out IMO).  Turan interest strongly followed up. 

Final on 29th (Germany v's Russia) = after final we are granted permission to speak to Arshavin

Whether or not they come, who knows.

July 1st, some action at last.  As I said in a thread about a month ago, Euro2008 was always going to get in the way of quick deals, as of Monday I am sure it will speed up.  The players involved will want future sorted followed by a well deserved holiday. 

Only 7 days to go!!!

My predictions is as follows:

Euro 2008 Semi (Germany v's Turkey) = 25th of June (Turkey out IMO).  Turan interest strongly followed up. 

Final on 29th (Germany v's Russia) = after final we are granted permission to speak to Arshavin

Whether or not they come, who knows.

July 1st, some action at last.  As I said in a thread about a month ago, Euro2008 was always going to get in the way of quick deals, as of Monday I am sure it will speed up.  The players involved will want future sorted followed by a well deserved holiday. 

Only 7 days to go!!!

Thats only two players who will still be going on holiday aswell any other euro targets so i would say at least another 2-3 weeks.

Targets who didnt play in the Euros will be coming back of holiday soon so thats the only action we will be likely to see.

Guest mobiius

Spuds ready to sell

Bent for £8m

Chimbonda for £2m

Lennon for £6m

Kaboul for £2m

I'd probably take the lot at once if am honest, would boost the squad no ends.

Also Huddlestone for £5m, i'd have him as well.

I'd take Lennon and Bent, wouldn't want the others. There's a reason they want rid.

Didn't think you'd accept other clubs' cast-offs btw. ;)

Most players sold are cast-offs, just depends on the quality of the cast off.

All of the above for those prices would enhance our squad, some of them straight into the 1st team. I don't mind good business, and they would be good business.

Ramos thinks Kaboul may have moved into the Premiership too early but isn't writing him off.  He may still go to WBA on a season long loan, other clubs are also in the mix for a loan.

Of the others, Spurs won't sell Bent for £8m while Sunderland are in regular contact, Chimbonda may go for £4m, Lennon a bit more than £6m and Hudd may possibly go to Blackburn as part of a deal for Bentley, depends on who Ince actually wants to be added to his squad.

Seems like mostly s*** clubs are the only ones interested, giving a truer valuation of their worth.

Newcastle and Wham are the only clubs showing interest in Lennon.  Newcastle have also made noises about Chimbonda, Pompey want Kaboul.  Not all exactly s*** clubs.

BTW, the Sun is saying that Spurs won't sell Lennon to Newcastle as they want to use him as bait to get Bentley.  That's not true, Lennon has refused point blank to move to Blackburn.

MJ can you please confirm that this Dawson talk is nonsense.

We all know you probably can't REALLY confirm this, but we'll all play along for this rumour at least.

Cheers mate  :thup:

Newcastle asked about his situation a while ago (no offer or bid) and I've heard nothing since.  Maybe the current rumour is leading from that or maybe there has been more recent conversations, I don't honestly know.

The only reason we asked about his situation was because after playing against him we refused to believe he was a footballer and asked what Spuds were up to by playing him.

;D ;D

Players that have impressed at the Euro's and who are attainable:

1) Gokhan Inler of Switzerland and Udinese. Comfortable and assured passer of the ball.

2) Eren Derdiyok of Switzerland and Basle. Big striker with a bit of pace.

3) Dario Srna of Croatia and Shaktar Donetsk. Right wing. Good crosser with a powerful shot. Can score as well as proven against the Germans.

Guest Deep456

1) Gokhan Inler of Switzerland and Udinese. Comfortable and assured passer of the ball.

3) Dario Srna of Croatia and Shaktar Donetsk. Right wing. Good crosser with a powerful shot. Can score as well as proven against the Germans.

All will be very poor in the premiership imo.

Guest Deep456

De Ridder really is gash. I don't think we should aim for players that have flopped at Celta Vigo and Birmingham.

Hardly flopping at either and is only 23/24. Injuries kept him out at Birmingham not him being gash.

De Ridder really is gash. I don't think we should aim for players that have flopped at Celta Vigo and Birmingham.

Hardly flopping at either and is only 23/24. Injuries kept him out at Birmingham not him being gash.

Srna is a clear cut above him though.

Where's you old team gone? Bullard & Co? (oh Bullard is still there) Were we going to start with Kadar & Tozer as first choice defenders for next season, i cannot remember?

Where's you old team gone? Bullard & Co? (oh Bullard is still there) Were we going to start with Kadar & Tozer as first choice defenders for next season, i cannot remember?

Bullard on the left wing :lol:

Bullard on the left wing :lol:

Krul and Zambrela were starting IIRC.

All will be very poor in the premiership imo.

And where have you got this knowledge from? But you would go for De Ridder? Weird IMO

Guest JonnyH

If we were to sign people from the Croatia Euro squad we should go for either Pranjic or Klasnic.

Pranjic has looked dangerous at left back and also plays left wing so he'd be cover for Duff when he leaves, his crossing is better than N'Zogbia and he seems pretty pacy plus he plays for Heerenveen so he's likely to be moving clubs this summer.

Ivan Klasnic has always been a great striker, he's reasonably quick, good with the ball at his feet, has good movement off the ball, is decent in the air plus he'd be going on the cheap after rejecting a new Werder Bremen contract and looks certain to leave.

This is just my personal opinion mind, we'll probably not be linked to either of these players but as far as targets go I'd think they were realistic.

If we were to sign people from the Croatia Euro squad we should go for either Pranjic or Klasnic.

Pranjic has looked dangerous at left back and also plays left wing so he'd be cover for Duff when he leaves, his crossing is better than N'Zogbia and he seems pretty pacy plus he plays for Heerenveen so he's likely to be moving clubs this summer.

Ivan Klasnic has always been a great striker, he's reasonably quick, good with the ball at his feet, has good movement off the ball, is decent in the air plus he'd be going on the cheap after rejecting a new Werder Bremen contract and looks certain to leave.

This is just my personal opinion mind, we'll probably not be linked to either of these players but as far as targets go I'd think they were realistic.

I think the 2 wingers Srna and Pranjic are very good players and realistic. Klasnic too mght be a good buy also.....I`m sure he can do better than Wigan who were recently linked with him

I think the 2 wingers Srna and Pranjic are very good players and realistic. Klasnic too mght be a good buy also.....I`m sure he can do better than Wigan who were recently linked with him

Srnas delivery is utter class, both dead ball and in play, he can also cover at full back and on the left