Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Aissati please, and we will have to move fast. Will leave PSV and Ajax want him, but PSV don't want to let him go to a rival club. He won't cost much more than say Guthrie did but has loads more potential.. Get in there Wise!

Never heard of him, must be shit. ;)

Legend on Pro Evo, always play him in the hole

NUFC eying Liverpool left-back Emiliano Insua

Jul 15 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United are toying with the idea of trying to bring a second Argentinian to St James’s Park in the form of Liverpool left-back Emiliano Insua.

And the key to any deal could be Insua’s fellow Argentinian Jonas Gutierrez, who linked up with his new colleagues at the club’s training ground yesterday following his switch to United from Real Mallorca.

Kevin Keegan told me on the final day of last season at Everton that one of his main aims in the summer was to bring in a left-back to give Spaniard Jose Enrique some competition.

And at the moment Enrique remains the only experienced left-back on United’s books, with the promising Hungarian Tamas Kadar still having some way to go before Keegan can consider him for first- team duty.

Sources on Merseyside have revealed United’s interest in Insua – ironically, the 19-year-old was one of the players offered to Newcastle when Liverpool tried to lure James Milner to Anfield last month.

Since then, Insua who, like Nobby Solano is a former Boca Juniors player, has signed a new three-year contract at Liverpool.

But following the departure of John Arne Riise, Liverpool have paid £7m to Udinese for their left-back Andrea Dossena and he is expected to be first choice for Benitez.

Although he is a naturally right-footed player Gutierrez plays on the left, and it would make sense for Keegan to have the chance to play Insua behind his fellow Argentinian.

Insua, who represents Argentina at Under-20 level, only managed four first-team appearances for Liverpool last season.

But three of them came at the end of the season, and it remains to be seen whether Rafa Benitez will let him switch from Merseyside to Tyneside, either in a permanent move or on loan.

NUFC eying Liverpool left-back Emiliano Insua

Jul 15 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United are toying with the idea of trying to bring a second Argentinian to St James’s Park in the form of Liverpool left-back Emiliano Insua.

And the key to any deal could be Insua’s fellow Argentinian Jonas Gutierrez, who linked up with his new colleagues at the club’s training ground yesterday following his switch to United from Real Mallorca.

Kevin Keegan told me on the final day of last season at Everton that one of his main aims in the summer was to bring in a left-back to give Spaniard Jose Enrique some competition.

And at the moment Enrique remains the only experienced left-back on United’s books, with the promising Hungarian Tamas Kadar still having some way to go before Keegan can consider him for first- team duty.

Sources on Merseyside have revealed United’s interest in Insua – ironically, the 19-year-old was one of the players offered to Newcastle when Liverpool tried to lure James Milner to Anfield last month.

Since then, Insua who, like Nobby Solano is a former Boca Juniors player, has signed a new three-year contract at Liverpool.

But following the departure of John Arne Riise, Liverpool have paid £7m to Udinese for their left-back Andrea Dossena and he is expected to be first choice for Benitez.

Although he is a naturally right-footed player Gutierrez plays on the left, and it would make sense for Keegan to have the chance to play Insua behind his fellow Argentinian.

Insua, who represents Argentina at Under-20 level, only managed four first-team appearances for Liverpool last season.

But three of them came at the end of the season, and it remains to be seen whether Rafa Benitez will let him switch from Merseyside to Tyneside, either in a permanent move or on loan.

interesting. or it is just our dear reporter that are playing at deep water...

Insua looked really good in the reserve game against us last season and I remember reports back then of Keegan beig impressed with him as he was at the game.

Benitez has just brought in Dossena and still has Aurelio as backup, as well as Arbeloa who can play there also, and so Insua appears to be quite a ways from the first team. Benitez doesn't really seem to play very attack minded fullbacks in his teams also, which is what Insua is, so it may be a possibility perhaps.

This is one youngster I have seen with my own eyes and he did look really good, He was a committed defender but he loved to get forward with pace and was exciting to watch. I think at one point he actually moved forward into a left wing position and was a real handful.

Interesting. Then again it is Mr. Oliver so ...

No chance of us getting him.

why?

Considered as one of Liverpool's best prospects who they've handed a 3-year deal too. They may consider loaning him out but at the moment they seem very impressed with him and I highly doubt they are willing too sell him.

Shields Gazette saying we will go for Insua on loan

Hopefully with a view to a permanent deal. I'm hoping we are taking him on loan initially because we can't agree on a price at the moment. I imagine Liverpool would want a fair bit for him due to his potential. Wouldn't like to be in a situation where we loan him just to help develop the player for Liverpool or put him in the shop window for other teams to steal in.

He might be a very promising prospect but Liverpool seem to need money and at the moment and Insua doesn't appear to be anywhere near the first team as they have a few experienced players capable of playing at left back.

Guest neesy111

Hopefully with a view to a permanent deal. I'm hoping we are taking him on loan initially because we can't agree on a price at the moment. I imagine Liverpool would want a fair bit for him due to his potential. Wouldn't like to be in a situation where we loan him just to help develop the player for Liverpool or put him in the shop window for other teams to steal in.

He might be a very promising prospect but Liverpool seem to need money and at the moment and Insua doesn't appear to be anywhere near the first team as they have a few experienced players capable of playing at left back.

anal is back from his summer hols, and guess what the chonicle r reporting their first rumour for weeks, don't believe any of it whatsoever

anal is back from his summer hols, and guess what the chonicle r reporting their first rumour for weeks, don't believe any of it whatsoever

Yeah I know ... just something to talk about. Not taking it too seriously at all.

Guest neesy111

Yeah I know ... just something to talk about. Not taking it too seriously at all.

i would rather get and a couple of versatile players (aaron hughes type) who can play across the whole backline.  I'm very happy with enrique being 1st choice LB, and expect him to do really well this season

Guest Scouseman

Insua will not be sold, he's too good to let go and if you think we're so hard up Kaka, maybe you could explain why we're still buying young players.

Insua is part of the future of LFC along with Nemeth, Plessis, Pacheco and a few others.

It is the clubs way of preparing for the shortfall in money for transfers once the new stadium starts getting built and has been ongoing for the last four years.  Although, I have to admit, the yanks might not be happy with the buying of young players as well as established players, I don't know.