Obafemi Martins

Wullie

If he is a gold he will shine wherever he is. As a strike he should kick so many goal to prove he is gold and that is what he should offer us(after all we pay him salary).I think he did well last match. I hope we can see a star Martins in the matchs but not a rubbish Martins.

Guest Knightrider

If he is a gold he will shine wherever he is. As a strike he should kick so many goal to prove he is gold and that is what he should offer us(after all we pay him salary).I think he did well last match. I hope we can see a star Martins in the matchs but not a rubbish Martins.

Yeah

blueyes.gif

Legend :lol:

• 5 months later...

This thread could keep you amused for a while if you are bored, was going to quote a few comments but it would have gotten to about 20 pages ;)

Things like "I knew he was the wrong signing from the start" and "I can only go off what I have heard but its all been bad and people were amazed we paid so much for someone who never looked good in Italy" or something along those lines :lol:

His left is as good as Michael Owen's right. Vice versa applies for his right. Trust me on this one ;). He's not two-footed.

Of his 50 goals he scored for Inter it was something like 24 with his left, 20 with his right and the rest with his head.

That to me suggest he may be two footed...

Well ok just the one :) NOT two footed ;)

Martins looks a good player, but I think we have signed yet another 'second striker' and are as usual expecting to play them up top. I can't see him reaching the goalscoring expectations many will have of him. Wont stop him being good for us, but we needed to bring him in to complement a number 9 striker.

For me, he is a 15 goal a season kind of guy, who can bring more than just goals to the team, but create goals, and create space for us to operate. We'll need to get another player matching his goal tally I think if we want to succeed, some are expecting him to score too many goals, and I hope he isn't criticised when he doesn't do so.

He is not a No. 9, out-and-out-striker, but that type of player is very rare these days, I actually think that Andy Johnson is the only player of this type that exists in the Premiership right now.

Would still agree with many of my comments, although I'd say he scores a few more, and creates a bit less, which is neither a good or bad thing.

Still need another striker to take the burden off him with though.

Says the bloke who said this:

His left is as good as Michael Owen's right. Vice versa applies for his right. Trust me on this one ;). He's not two-footed.

Classic.

Martins did look fairly gash in his first games here and he was infuriatingly bad in some of them, but a lot of the posters on the "positive" side of the divide never said he was a mega-star, they simply said to give him time to start proving his worth.

He's still not a megastar, but he has done miles better than a lot of people were expecting.

I still think a lot of concerns about him in the early days were justified, as very little went right for him in his first few appearances, but the likes of Phil K, Northern Monkey, Stormrider and XVentura have still provided me with immense entertainment looking back over this thread. The usual suspects, if ever there were some.

martins = shit.

you can just tell from the start whos going to make it and whos not.

:lol: :lol:

deserves to be quoted

He also said (elsewhere) that Sibierski was better than Martins.

Martins did look fairly gash in his first games here and he was infuriatingly bad in some of them, but a lot of the posters on the "positive" side of the divide never said he was a mega-star, they simply said to give him time to start proving his worth.

He's still not a megastar, but he has done miles better than a lot of people were expecting.

I still think a lot of concerns about him in the early days were justified, as very little went right for him in his first few appearances, but the likes of Phil K, Northern Monkey, Stormrider and XVentura have still provided me with immense entertainment looking back over this thread. The usual suspects, if ever there were some.

Aye people were fair enough to have concerns but the ones who made me laugh were the ones who "knew" he was going to be shit and a waste of money :lol:

Btw, I always thought he was a good signing. I just didn't know he had two good feet. Try reading other threads at the time again and you'd see I was always pleased with his signing (and excited when it was in the process of happening). Never once did I criticize the boy, not even during his rough start so I'd appreciate it if you don't lump me in with other people and stop chatting shit about what I say/said. The bit about his two feet wasn't criticism, was just opinion based on what I'd seen of him in Serie A, an opinion which was obviously wrong.

Btw, I always thought he was a good signing. I just didn't know he had two good feet. Try reading other threads at the time again and you'd see I was always pleased with his signing (and excited when it was in the process of happening). Never once did I criticize the boy, not even during his rough start so I'd appreciate it if you don't lump me in with other people and stop chatting shit about what I say/said. The bit about his two feet wasn't criticism, was just opinion based on what I'd seen of him in Serie A, an opinion which was obviously wrong.

All I said was that you'd provided me with "immense entertainment" in this thread, along with the others.

A compliment if ever there was one.

Do you (all fans) think Martins stand out amongst the following forwards? Would you swap Martins for any of them? Is Martins better than them? Or worse? IF, we didn't get Martins, would you be happy for us to get any of these forwards?

Saha, Rooney (the current low key Rooney), Schevchenko (the current low key Schevchenko), Berbatov, Kuyt, Van Persie, Adebayor, Anelka, Johnson, Yakubu, Keane, McCarthy, Tevez, Bent

All I said was that you'd provided me with "immense entertainment" in this thread, along with the others.

A compliment if ever there was one.

'The usual suspects, if ever there were some'

Don't be such an arrogant prick.

Do you (all fans) think Martins stand out amongst the following forwards? Would you swap Martins for any of them? Is Martins better than them? Or worse? IF, we didn't get Martins, would you be happy for us to get any of these forwards?

Saha, Rooney (the current low key Rooney), Schevchenko (the current low key Schevchenko), Berbatov, Kuyt, Van Persie, Adebayor, Anelka, Johnson, Yakubu, Keane, McCarthy, Tevez, Bent

Would be happy with Rooney, Van Persie, Anelka if we didnt get Martins. Likewise I wouldnt mind swapping for either one of them.

Guest Moe-Ali

I wouldnt swap martins for any striker on the planet.

1. because hes been one of my fav players for a few years now.

2. because he is gonna be the best striker in the world someday, and i dont want us to miss out on that.