Obafemi Martins

Wullie

I think there's a pretty good chance he's 5 years older than he claims, like.

Anyone who has seen his games recently shouldn't be in any doubt. The sad part is he's still good enough to do the business in MLS  :lol:

We certainly got his best like. Loved him when he was here, stupid, inconsistent but still loved him. I guess he was my Cisse, except he had mental strength and pace.

O0  between us an Inter. He was unstoppable on his day. Shame he couldnt have become a more intelligent footballer as he had it all going for him, bar the footballing brain.

We certainly got his best like. Loved him when he was here, stupid, inconsistent but still loved him. I guess he was my Cisse, except he had mental strength and pace.

O0  between us an Inter. He was unstoppable on his day. Shame he couldnt have become a more intelligent footballer as he had it all going for him, bar the footballing brain.

Wasn't just the footballing brain this one was missing. Stupid in every form. Still had a soft spot for him.  :lol:

Not quite sure how you can argue Martins has more mental strength than Cisse, like.

:lol:

Mental as in ridiculous, awesome, off the scale, not in the head. Apologies I should have worded it better, but I thought you'd have guessed what I meant.  :lol:

For clarity: his strength and pace was mental, or fucking ridiculous. Mentally on and off the pitch he was in nursery.

I think there's a pretty good chance he's 5 years older than he claims, like.

Oba is at most 1-2 years older than he says. He was pretty well known in Lagos and the guy wasn't in his twenties when he left. The problem is that he's lost a step due to getting older and and hasn't developed any other part of his game to mask it, even though he is still very quick. It's funny to watch him because he is genuinely the exact same player that debuted for Inter in 2002 or so, all that has changed is his athleticism, no development whatsoever. It's also pretty clear that he's motivated by money and will coast when he's comfortable financially. He was one of the most aggressive and hungry attackers I'd seen when he was first coming up fighting for his chance.

Not quite sure how you can argue Martins has more mental strength than Cisse, like.

:lol:

Mental as in ridiculous, awesome, off the scale, not in the head. Apologies I should have worded it better, but I thought you'd have guessed what I meant.  :lol:

For clarity: his strength and pace was mental, or f***ing ridiculous. Mentally on and off the pitch he was in nursery.

He is one of the most foolish people in the world, easily. :lol: Naive in every way, even now.