Obafemi Martins

Wullie

Never ceases to amuse me how people's opinion of a player changes the moment they score one single, solitary goal.

Same people will be right on his back if he doesn't score a hat-trick vs Liverpool, no doubt.

Never ceases to amuse me how people's opinion of a player changes the moment they score one single, solitary goal.

Same people will be right on his back if he doesn't score a hat-trick vs Liverpool, no doubt.

lol i hope not

Looked a different player yesterday to the one we'd seen previously.  Really promising signs and hopefully he'll go from strength to strength.  Amazing how quickly a player can adapt when they really want to be a success, unlike a certain player on our books....mentioning no names of course.

Looked a different player yesterday to the one we'd seen previously.  Really promising signs and hopefully he'll go from strength to strength.  Amazing how quickly a player can adapt when they really want to be a success, unlike a certain player on our books....mentioning no names of course.

Agree with you, he really worked his socks off yesterday, and although his goal came from some shocking defending it epitomised his play, as he was constantly closing down and harrying defenders, giving them no time on the ball. His passing and vision has impressed me a lot as well, even during a few brief moments in the Tallinn game - there was one incident I seem to remember where he put Parker through with an excellent ball.

However, lets hope he can keep improving, he's not the finished article yet, but judging by how many times his name was sung yesterday he's certainly won a lot of fans.

Coming from a club where he was a bit of a peripheral figure, albeit a cult one by the sound of things, into a situation where he's given the number 9 and has his name sang for 90 minutes, he must feel like he's won the lottery.  As you say, he's far from the finished article, but I'm a lot less sceptical than I was this time last week.  Still has a lot to do though.

Guest Geordiesned

What part of 'links to highlights/goals/full games are not allowed' doesn't seem to sink in?

Calm down t´Dave. :lol:

'The Dave'? That doesn't even make sense. :wullie:

:wink:

You´re telling me about not making sense!! :lol:

Coming from a club where he was a bit of a peripheral figure, albeit a cult one by the sound of things, into a situation where he's given the number 9 and has his name sang for 90 minutes, he must feel like he's won the lottery. As you say, he's far from the finished article, but I'm a lot less sceptical than I was this time last week. Still has a lot to do though.

At the great risk of being the butt-end of everyone's jokes or rolleyes smilies - can anyone tell a non ST holder like myself what the Martins song is?

eekout.gif

Coming from a club where he was a bit of a peripheral figure, albeit a cult one by the sound of things, into a situation where he's given the number 9 and has his name sang for 90 minutes, he must feel like he's won the lottery. As you say, he's far from the finished article, but I'm a lot less sceptical than I was this time last week. Still has a lot to do though.

At the great risk of being the butt-end of everyone's jokes or rolleyes smilies - can anyone tell a non ST holder like myself what the Martins song is?

eekout.gif

Non season ticket holders don't DESERVE to know.

eekout.gif

Non season ticket holders don't DESERVE to know.

Shitbag. bluesigh.gif