Obafemi Martins

Wullie

Guest stormrider

face it, he's not gonna help us score against any half decent side this season.

Like he didn't help Inter Milan score in the Champions league? Especially a pivotal goal against AC Milan in the semi's?

luque also terrorised AC Milan in a 4-0 thrashing i'll never forget.

they come to newcastle, they just turn shit.

blueupset.gif

Guest smoggeordie

Like he didn't help Inter Milan score in the Champions league? Especially a pivotal goal against AC Milan in the semi's?

blueupset.gif

Kneejerkariffic

Guest stormrider

Are you able to see into the future? would love to be able to do that..

based on patterns, and nufc's history is full of such patterns

Guest smoggeordie

I fully agree. The number 9 shirt has always been passed on to a proven goalscorer. Martins will score goals, probably not 20+ a season, but he will score goals.

Guest stormrider

blueupset.gif

Kneejerkariffic

my new signature will be "Störmrider: 100% kneejerk Free"

Guest smoggeordie

Well you need to change it from Shola taking us to the Championship, because he's been a key player since Roeder took over, turning in many a good performances.

Guest stormrider

I fully agree. The number 9 shirt has always been passed on to a proven goalscorer. Martins will score goals, probably not 20+ a season, but he will score goals.

martins follows a pattern called the panic buy pattern.

it really fucks me off when ppl turn round and say martins is shit, hes played a few games and is barely match fit! he was tryin too hard yesterday to score, once he gets that 1st goal he'l be away! his sheer pace alone will create and get goals, but it aint gonna help when the media and his own fuckin fans call him a flop after 3 bloody games!

Guest stormrider

the way we destroy players by hoofing 80 yard balls to them is shocking

agree 100%

i agree too. we never accomodate luque and martins for exmaple.

it really fucks me off when ppl turn round and say martins is shit, hes played a few games and is barely match fit! he was tryin too hard yesterday to score, once he gets that 1st goal he'l be away! his sheer pace alone will create and get goals, but it aint gonna help when the media and his own fuckin fans call him a flop after 3 bloody games!

I cant see how he is 'barely match fit' he played a full pre-season with Inter  blink.gif

Guest LucasUnger

hi i'm coming over to the everton game from austria.

i have 3 tickets left if someone needs them send me a message.

should be good tickets for 39 pound.

cu

Guest toon tone rudeboy

At the end of the day when you buy a striker such as MArtins, you have to play to his strengths, like playing the ball to his feet. We've been hoofing it long, not much he can do with that.

What bothers me is in one of the articles on icnewcastle today, Roeder was talking about how Martins will settle in and become adjusted to how WE play.  Shouldn't it be the other way around???

At the end of the day when you buy a striker such as MArtins, you have to play to his strengths, like playing the ball to his feet. We've been hoofing it long, not much he can do with that.

What bothers me is in one of the articles on icnewcastle today, Roeder was talking about how Martins will settle in and become adjusted to how WE play.  Shouldn't it be the other way around???

what they going to do, put him on a rack? hell have to be as tall as crouch to adapt to our style of play of late

can we not get a "keep it on the ground you clowns" chant going, or maybe something more constructive :D

whats annoying me, is that all the media keep banging on about his goal drought and about how he looks like he is not settling in. But they dont mention the fact that kuyt hasnt scored for liverpool, bellamy hasnt scored in the prem, and tevez hasnt scored yet either!

I'd say let's forget about the fee (which was a bit on the high side for his ability) and just appreciate his strengths. His touch on the ball is really crap, but he's strong, he can shoot quickly with barely any backlift and he's quick. Providing we don't expect too much, he'll be okay for us.

Guest colossal insight

21 years old (okay fair enough he is allegedly 28) 10 million quid, never played in the prem,  so no pressure really is there? If anyone has decided already that he is shite then they should have a word with themselves.

If he scores 12 prem goals this season it will be an achievement for a young player...

Having said that 10 million looks a bit steep. Watched his goals on youtube and I swear he doesn't have the ball under control on any of the goals he scores

What bothers me is in one of the articles on icnewcastle today, Roeder was talking about how Martins will settle in and become adjusted to how WE play. Shouldn't it be the other way around???

what they going to do, put him on a rack? hell have to be as tall as crouch to adapt to our style of play of late

can we not get a "keep it on the ground you clowns" chant going, or maybe something more constructive :D

"If God had intended for us to play football in the clouds he would have put grass up there" - referring to the long ball game - Brian Clough  :cool:

21 years old (okay fair enough he is allegedly 28) 10 million quid, never played in the prem, so no pressure really is there? If anyone has decided already that he is shite then they should have a word with themselves.

If he scores 12 prem goals this season it will be an achievement for a young player...

Having said that 10 million looks a bit steep. Watched his goals on youtube and I swear he doesn't have the ball under control on any of the goals he scores

About the 10 milions, you should take in consideration that he is only 21 and should have atleast a decade of top-footballing ahead of him. Good investment, IMO