Relegation - will we or won't we? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What worries me is that it doesnt matter how well you play if you dont pick up points. I agree its even more worrying if you are playing bad and not picking up points, but still, we just aint getting results.

The teams we have remaining at SJP will as usual just try n shut up shop and hit one on the break, as so often works.

Am I missing the point here but surely the only thing missing from today's performance was a couple of goals from Owen. from what I have read and heard, we played well and created quite a few GOOD chances that Michael should be hanging his head in shame about.

Le Tiss, who I usually dislike, was very complimentary and seemed speechless that we hadnt won.

People are all moaning about Butt Barton and Smith, and KK's team selection today but had Owen put a couple of those away, the posts on this thread would be very different - so the BBS factor had nothing to do with what happened today

I think we will go down as I think that fortune is against us... we play shit we lose.... we play well we lose.... it just written in the stars.

Guest LucaAltieri

Am I missing the point here but surely the only thing missing from today's performance was a couple of goals from Owen. from what I have read and heard, we played well and created quite a few GOOD chances that Michael should be hanging his head in shame about.

Le Tiss, who I usually dislike, was very complimentary and seemed speechless that we hadnt won.

People are all moaning about Butt Barton and Smith, and KK's team selection today but had Owen put a couple of those away, the posts on this thread would be very different - so the BBS factor had nothing to do with what happened today

I think we will go down as I think that fortune is against us... we play shit we lose.... we play well we lose.... it just written in the stars.

Doesn't exist, mate.

If we keep at it we'll stay up. If we think we're fucked regardless, then we'll be down. Simple as that really.

Doesn't exist, mate.

If we keep at it we'll stay up. If we think we're fucked regardless, then we'll be down. Simple as that really.

Yeah I know. Clutching at straws really in desperation.

all this talk about how many chances we created is well and good but how many points did we get. none.

it's points that keep you up and we got fuck all today.

It just gives us some hope though and something to cling on to. Think back to under Allardyce when we were not even creating any chances away to Derby and Wigan. If were in that position now, then we really would be up the creek without a paddle

I think we are too guilty of clutching at straws.

For months people have reassured themselves by saying "we're too good to go down"

Now it's "we won't go down, we create too many chances"

People just aren't grasping the reality of the situation.

They're like frogs happily paddling around in the pan enjoing how nice and warm the water is getting......

Ridiculous. There is a long way to go, even though our players leave a lot to be desired the only 'reality' is that there are a whole bunch of worse players in other teams beneath us.

If KK is even half a decent manager (and we all know he is far better than that) he will use this result to put a rocket up the squad, tear into a few fragile egos and get some performances out of the slack fuckers.

Guest Brazilianbob

I think we will go down as I think that fortune is against us... we play s*** we lose.... we play well we lose.... it just written in the stars.

Doesn't exist, mate.

If we keep at it we'll stay up. If we think we're f***** regardless, then we'll be down. Simple as that really.

Lets put this into context.  It doesn't matter one jot what the fans think about the likelihood of relegation.  If I say I think we will win our last 10 games and sneak an intertoto place, will it happen?  That's a resounding NO!!

Its all about what the players think.  If they think we are down despite not openly admitting it, then we are as good as down already regardless of what we the fans say or do. 

Guest johnson293

Ridiculous. There is a long way to go, even though our players leave a lot to be desired the only 'reality' is that there are a whole bunch of worse players in other teams beneath us.

Aye, and two of those 'bunches of worse players' got 3 points yesterday while we lost again.

For weeks people have said that we wont go down becasue of the teams below us - yesterday proved that we simply cannot rely on the teams below us keeping us up.

If we don't get anything out of the relegation 6 pointers coming up (Birmingham, Reading, Fulham, Sunderland) then we dont deserve to stay up.

Guest iliketoonarmy

I do think we can stay up,only if Keegan replace Smith with Martins,which I am quite worrying because he doesn't seem to realise that.IMO all those 'martins is unfit' are bollocks and I don't know how they get the idea of this.

A top team shouldn't rely on certain player to bag in goals.Even if Martins is unfit,Keegan should see Smith as a liability and please give Carroll and try,who knows if he can create one or two goals?

Guest Phil K

For months people have reassured themselves by saying "we're too good to go down"

They're like frogs happily paddling around in the pan enjoing how nice and warm the water is getting......

BEAUTIFULLY put.

That sums up the mentality of so many on here.

Its still in our hands - but we need a DRAMATIC change in attitude by players and manager.

BEAUTIFULLY put.

That sums up the mentality of so many on here.

Its still in our hands - but we need a DRAMATIC change in attitude by players and manager.

To be fair, you couldn't really fault the players attitude yesterday. They had a right good go, but some of them just aren't good enough in  front of goal. Duff, Smith and Milner (who had a good game otherwise). Only Owen looks like scoring and he needs help. Martins and Zog should be starting for that reason alone. 

One thing we really have to hope for is for the title race to be over by the penultimate game and for Chelsea to still be in the FA Cup and preferably the Champions League. A home win over their reserves in April/May has served us very well in the past.

Fingers crossed that the battle for fourth will be over too since we've got to play Everton. God forbid it should go down to the wire but we've got to prepare for the worst. :(

Guest LucaAltieri

I think we will go down as I think that fortune is against us... we play s*** we lose.... we play well we lose.... it just written in the stars.

Doesn't exist, mate.

If we keep at it we'll stay up. If we think we're f***** regardless, then we'll be down. Simple as that really.

Lets put this into context.  It doesn't matter one jot what the fans think about the likelihood of relegation.  If I say I think we will win our last 10 games and sneak an intertoto place, will it happen?  That's a resounding NO!!

Its all about what the players think.  If they think we are down despite not openly admitting it, then we are as good as down already regardless of what we the fans say or do. 

Which is pretty much what I just said.  :thup:

Guest newcastle4life

I think the team will just survive good news it wouldnt take much couple of wins and draws problem is where are they going to come from with this team. Must get results against the other relagation battling teams as we are being dragged closer to the bottom three every week.

I think the team will just survive good news it wouldnt take much couple of wins and draws problem is where are they going to come from with this team. Must get results against the other relagation battling teams as we are being dragged closer to the bottom three every week.

the thing is, all the other teams will be desperate to get points from their relegation rivals as well. reading and birmingham will be thinking "newcastle is a must win", and its this point in the season where (some of) the fodder start getting amazing points out of nowhere (west ham staying up by beating man u and arsenal away). those that think well breeze past reading birmingham sunderland and fulham have got a nasty shock coming. every point now is valuable. gutted we lost to blackburn but points at places like spurs and everton could be crucial if we get them

The next two games after Liverpool will decide it. If we get three or more points we'll be fine. If we lose both I don't think there'll be any way back.

I just hope we put up a decent fight against Liverpool and take a bit of confidence from that. Even if we lose, as we inevitably will.

The next two games after Liverpool will decide it. If we get three or more points we'll be fine. If we lose both I don't think there'll be any way back.

I just hope we put up a decent fight against Liverpool and take a bit of confidence from that. Even if we lose, as we inevitably will.

no way back? cant agree there. well have 6 games left after liverpool and the next 2, and we are 3 points above the releagation zone. the lowest we could phaesibly be if we lost all 3 would be 18th, and thats unlikely as well