Relegation - will we or won't we? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We'll avoid relegation and start from there.  Bet we're laughing about this come Christmas this year.

Hope you're right. Looking at Man City as an example. Didn't they go from the New Year upto this season without a home goal?

Does help that they appointed a top-class manager in the summer like.

I think its odd how similar things are here and up there.....everything from the years of winning fuck all to takeovers to Joey Barton (:angry:) and plenty in between. Its the main reason I come on here rather than some other clubs website, its like looking in a mirror sometimes.

And here we have it. Last season for us was the worst in living memory (This memory includes 3rd division football). We hardly had a shot in the 2nd half of the season and for a time I was convinced we were going to be relegated. Sound familiar?

(We're not laughing about it tho. Good fucking grief it was bad.)

The way we are playing, I think we should be happy to pick up 11 points by the end of the season, which means we should stay up.

Nonetheless, Allardyce should never have been sacked.

So Big Sam plays shit football, loses some games and should be given time? KK comes in and loses to Man Utd and Arsenal and should be shown the door?

Have a word.

The way we are playing, I think we should be happy to pick up 11 points by the end of the season, which means we should stay up.

So Big Sam plays shit football, loses some games and should be given time? KK comes in and loses to Man Utd and Arsenal and should be shown the door?

Have a word.

I don't think he means that KK should be gone, but that Allardyce should never have been sacked in the first place because it caused upheaval at the wrong time (middle of transfer window, middle of the season ahead of a tough schedule).

Have a word.

I don't think he means that KK should be gone, but that Allardyce should never have been sacked in the first place because it caused upheaval at the wrong time (middle of transfer window, middle of the season ahead of a tough schedule).

Yep, sorry, in my defence I'm also taking into account the WUM-esque postings over in another thread to the effect that KK should be sacked soon based on some arbitary conditions.

So Big Sam plays s*** football, loses some games and should be given time? KK comes in and loses to Man Utd and Arsenal and should be shown the door?

Have a word.

Home draws with Boro and Bolton? Do they not count? What about that miserable performance at Villa?

At least with Allardyce we were grinding out results, the football may not have been good at times but we had a team of determined players who wanted to win. You can't say the same about the side now.

So Big Sam plays s*** football, loses some games and should be given time? KK comes in and loses to Man Utd and Arsenal and should be shown the door?

Have a word.

Home draws with Boro and Bolton? Do they not count? What about that miserable performance at Villa?

At least with Allardyce we were grinding out results, the football may not have been good at times but we had a team of determined players who wanted to win. You can't say the same about the side now.

Did I fall asleep and wake up in an alternate universe?

6 games.

But my point is, there is no improvement! If anything, we are getting worse! Can't you see this?

I'm not saying we've improved. We probably have got worse in fact. But that is largely down to factors beyond KK's control imo, particularly the fixture list. You're advocating sacking him, I'm saying give him more time. It's not like we have a viable alterative anyway. It's incredibly harsh to judge him on what's happened so far though. And that's not the same as me saying he's a magician above criticism, although it does indicate my faith in the bloke.

Keegan's inherited a poor squad. He's only had 5 premiership games, 3 of which were against top opposition in Man u, Arsenal and Villa.

Granted he had the transfer window without buying. If there's no decent players available, there's no point in buying for the sake of it.

Home games v Reading, Fulham, mackems are the key to staying up. Let's hope we do and see if he can re-build in the summer.

I'm sure he'll have a damned good try at signing one or two decent players.

But my point is, there is no improvement! If anything, we are getting worse! Can't you see this?

You do understand that almost 50% of the points amassed (:lol:) by Derby came from us under Allardyce.  So far Derby look as if they are going to be the worst ever team in the premiership, possibly the top division since football was invented.  We might end up being the only team to get beat off them and you think things have got worse since Keegan took over?

We're going to have to spunk a serious amount of cash on this squad :( Maybe we can compensate for the fact we're an incredibly unattractive employer in our current position by at least give the impression that we're doing a mini Chelsea and planning to buy a ready-made top class team.  After one big signing that we'll have to pay through the nose for both in terms of fee and wages (and possibly getting a player who's not hugely pleased at ending up here), maybe there'll be decent players interested in the prospect of coming aboard.

Have a word.

Grinding out results?..  In the six games before Keegan came in we got two draws and four losses, exactly the same record as the Keegans first six games but against much worse teams..  There's no evidence what so ever that Allardyce would have done any better against any of the teams we've faced under Keegan (want to talk about drawing to Bolton?, what about drawing and losing the Derby?).