Lamine Diatta signs until end of season

Guest johnson293

He looks like another big fucker! He's about a foot taller than Cacapa which is a big plus.

Two massive centre backs who play with each other at international level sounds like a decent idea

He's less than two inches taller than Cacapa if Wiki is right :laugh:

This lad might just be what we need, freeing up Faye to play DM.

Ideally, yes. However, Taylor's recent performances probably means it will be both Faye and this fella at Centre back.

Hopefully, we noticed him because he stood out at the African Nations Cup.

Seems like an alright move to me.

I know we're short in numbers and quality but I don't think this is the answer.  From 04-08 he's played 67 games.  That's a grand total of 7 more than Woodgate has.  So he's either been forced out of action from injury or not being good enough.  I wouldn't be happy taking on a player under either of those circumstances. 

He looks like another big fucker! He's about a foot taller than Cacapa which is a big plus.

Two massive centre backs who play with each other at international level sounds like a decent idea

He's less than two inches taller than Cacapa if Wiki is right :laugh:

It was a small over-exageration i admit.

Guest elbee909

It's a good move.  Get someone in with everything to prove, he'll be trying his hardest.  In turn it'll buck the ideas of the other players up, ward off complacency.  Thinking of it as a Sibierski/Kevin Gallacher style signing.  No harm done and if it helps to keep us up then it's more than worth the wages!

I know we're short in numbers and quality but I don't think this is the answer.  From 04-08 he's played 67 games.  That's a grand total of 7 more than Woodgate has.  So he's either been forced out of action from injury or not being good enough.  I wouldn't be happy taking on a player under either of those circumstances. 

Like I said, if this is true, then hopefully it is because we (Newcastle) saw him for ourselves stand out at the African Nations Cup, and not based on recommendations or video tapes etc.

Aslong as he add something to the current p*$$ poor defending (pardon my language) and he doesnt cost much/anything we might aswell go for it. Christ at the moment we might aswell shove Ameobi in defence just so hopefully balls will deflect up field off his big useless carcas.

So who plays left back for Senegal then?

according to this he`s their left back.....I guess he can play both positions then.....might therefore be a useful addition at this stage of the season

bit of a long article

Senegal have not pushed on since their brilliant performance in Japan and Korea with Lamine Diatta, their captain and left back

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=547202

I don't see the problem.  Assuming Enrique's not going to get played for whatever reason, unless we sign a free agent we're going to be stuck with N'Zogbia there for the rest of the season.  This guy has played with two of our back four in the past, and is the captain of Senegal, so he can't be that bad.  It's not like he'll be first choice LB forever, it sounds like he'll be in as cover until the transfer window opens.

A LB? Yep that will do nicely.

Sorry, i'm a slag and would take just about anything in that position, especially a NT captain with experience, just what we haven't got in that position.

As long as he's retained some pace, his age is of no concern.

Ah right, sorry. Didn't read it.

From what I've read he's primarily a centre-back though, be like putting Taylor at LB. No ta.

Bit of an unfair comparison, you van bank this guy has played their a few times and due to his age he's got some kind of standing, especially if Senegal (if i've got this right) play him there and make him captain while doing so.

I'm hoping its more like playing Beye at CB or Faye as a DMC.