Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

I doubt he would get in our team ahead of Beye anyway, no lose.

No lose? :lol:

When you are fluent in Turkish come back and take the piss, until then fuck off.

*Reports to moderator*

Guest VegasToon

It was only Ecuador.  Jeez even the US beats them.  Should we pay 18 million for Altidore when he scores 2 against Panama?

It was only Ecuador.  Jeez even the US beats them.  Should we pay 18 million for Altidore when he scores 2 against Panama?

Americans can't play "soccer" so no.

:weep:

From the first time I have really feelt that he was something. Now will we never get him. Either he will choose a bigger club or he will be valued to high for us. again

:weep:

Be bloody hilarious if we're arguing between this guy and Peter f***ing Crouch.

Worth signing Crouch for the robot dance alone. Wouldnt know whether to celebrate a goal or hold your stomach when it cringes at the sight of that gangly beanpole dancing away like theres no tomorrow.

Guest Heneage

Haven't St Etienne already told us we've got no chance though?

No quit asking.

What part of the forum rules regarding copyright infringement do you not understand?

The fact the other forum i'm on posts goals links all the time?

Haven't St Etienne already told us we've got no chance though?

No quit asking.

What part of the forum rules regarding copyright infringement do you not understand?

The fact the other forum i'm on posts goals links all the time?

Ah yes, now i can see why that would make these rules incomprehendable.

Guest Heneage

Ergo my point surely they should have been closed donkeys ago, but we have links posted regularly. I assumed it wasn't a big thing, and it would be the video host who got wrong. Terribly sorry.

Guest NIToon

The Monaco goals on daily motion look better.  Ecuador FFS, he was given far too much space by a poor team and Le Sulk wasn't closed down for his cross in the first place.

People say the stupidest things ... it's not just about scoring against Ecuador is it!

The guy has been banging in goals ever since he was introduced into the St. Etienne first team, he looks to be a real powerhouse striker with pace, athleticism and some fine finishing ability. He is also only 22 years old.

The match against Ecuador was his first introduction to the full national team and he didn't seem to be overawed or intimidated at all. He scored two quality goals which were very good finishes regardless of the opposition.

Now taking all of this into account I would say people have every right to be impressed.

The Monaco goals on daily motion look better.  Ecuador FFS, he was given far too much space by a poor team and Le Sulk wasn't closed down for his cross in the first place.

He's still got to put them away, which he surely did.

But let's hope other clubs feel the same way as you - whereas our club's extended scouting tells us he is the real deal and thus the only club to go in for him seriously. And then we can all live happily ever after :D

therefore we clearly cant afford him

See, this is the bit I disagree with. I can appreciate that Ashley would like to strengthen the squad as... economically as possible, but there are going to have to be times when they push the boat out. Maybe he was worth 12m a month ago, maybe 18m today and maybe 25m after the Euros - if he's the player we need then get him.

Hypothetically speaking, if push came to shove, Ashley could foot the bill himself and consider it an investment in taking that step forward. It's not that we "can't afford him" - Mike Ashley is choosing not to pay the fee...

*DISCLAIMER* I'm not saying Gomis is the player we should push the boat out for. But this summer, there are going to be times when we simply have to, or else everything NE5 has said about the new board is true! ;)

I am afraid that we think he is to expensive too. but hey he is 22 and still "growing", so I don't think Ashley needs to worry about the "sell on value" in the future. still I think he will be considered to expensive.

Now, if we miss out on this guy I'll be fine with it, just about. Life goes on etc.

But I swear if we sign Peter Crouch instead for the stupid prices being bandied about I will lose it.

Agreed, for once.

*DISCLAIMER* I'm not saying Gomis is the player we should push the boat out for. But this summer, there are going to be times when we simply have to, or else everything NE5 has said about the new board is true! ;)

well you can argue about that too. i´m confidence that the club will be in a much better position in five years then what fat fred ever should have been able to take it, in the coming five years.