Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

*DISCLAIMER* I'm not saying Gomis is the player we should push the boat out for. But this summer, there are going to be times when we simply have to, or else everything NE5 has said about the new board is true! ;)

well you can argue about that too. i´m confidence that the club will be in a much better position in five years then what fat fred ever should have been able to take it, in the coming five years.

I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about now, this summer, the situation we are in as we lead into the 2008/09 season, attempting to improve on 12th position.

You might notice I didn't mention NE5's views on the old board, but the new one.

And if you look really closely you'll see a safety wink.

*DISCLAIMER* I'm not saying Gomis is the player we should push the boat out for. But this summer, there are going to be times when we simply have to, or else everything NE5 has said about the new board is true! ;)

well you can argue about that too. i´m confidence that the club will be in a much better position in five years then what fat fred ever should have been able to take it, in the coming five years.

I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about now, this summer, the situation we are in as we lead into the 2008/09 season, attempting to improve on 12th position.

You might notice I didn't mention NE5's views on the old board, but the new one.

And if you look really closely you'll see a safety wink.

well I knew you did and I just filled in with my thoughts :snod:

Guest elpapi

Gomis in the France squad for European Championships.Cissé, Escude, Ben Afra, Flamini and Mexes miss out...

This their squad (according to l'equipe):

Coupet, Frey, Mandanda - Sagnol, Clerc, Thuram, Gallas, Boumsong, Squillaci, Abidal, Evra - Vieira, Makelele, Toulalan, L. Diarra, Ribéry, Govou, Malouda, Nasri - Henry, Anelka, Benzema, B. Gomis

Except for their central defence (thuram, boumsong, squillaci), that seems like a nice squad...

Always amazes me how J.A.B gets in these France squads. Doesn't even start regularly for Lyon does he? Says a lot about the rest of the French centre half's out there.

Chances go :thdn:

Way, way down.

Could really see him doing well in the tournament too. Anelka and Henry have had long seasons and are a bit older, more jaded etc.

Gomis and Benzema could really breakthrough in the Euros.

Abidal or Evra? Seems a tough choice.

Clichy not even making the squad as well who could be argued is just as good.

EDIT: You b******.

:pow:

Clichy is the most complete of all three in my opinion. Domenech is nuts.

Hard to say between him & Evra tbh. Evra is slightly better at defending but i'd say Clichy is better offensively. Abidal is a much defender than both but has been gash this season and offers little in the final 3rd.

Hard to say between him & Evra tbh. Evra is slightly better at defending but i'd say Clichy is better offensively. Abidal is a much defender than both but has been gash this season and offers little in the final 3rd.

Agrred Abidal has been really awful and as you say doesn't do enough when he gets forward.

It really should be a head to head between Clichy and Evra. I prefer Clichy's game though. I think he is tougher than Evra and has better stamina. That guy just doesn't seem to tire all game, and he constantly gets up and down the pitch. Tough call between the two though.

Guest Mucky01

Chances go :thdn:

Way, way down.

Could really see him doing well in the tournament too. Anelka and Henry have had long seasons and are a bit older, more jaded etc.

Gomis and Benzema could really breakthrough in the Euros.

Anelka and Henry have’nt played all that much this season though. Henry has had bad Sciatica for the last 18 months so there is no way he could cope with demands of a tournament (2 games a week) schedule.

Guest Heneage

Someone mentioned Crouch for the £10m and how annoyed they be, its a good point and something i've always wondered.

Smith has a few seasons at Man Utd gets worse than when he was at Leeds, scores less and breaks a leg, but somehow they get what they paid.

Crouch scores a few goals but is often a bench player, not wanted and really has not that many great attributes, but somehow they are standing to make a £3M profit if they sell him.