Ramage to get new contract?

jarralad

Guest LucaAltieri

hope not but wont be too bothered if he does get one. hes not good but cant be costing much to keep on and its not exactly as if hes starting every game and losing them for us. id be livid if carr got a new contract thogh

Yeah, exactly... he's young, cheap, and enthusiastic. Worth keeping in case we get desperate or he does improve. Carr has none of those qualities.

hes not good but cant be costing much to keep on and its not exactly as if hes starting every game and losing them for us.

Because he is broke at the mo. He is shite & it is not worth renewing his contract. Any deal he does sign he will be costing the club over £1 million pounds a years. Every 1st team players contract is a major deal due to the numbers involved.

hes not good but cant be costing much to keep on and its not exactly as if hes starting every game and losing them for us.

Because he is broke at the mo. He is s**** & it is not worth renewing his contract. Any deal he does sign he will be costing the club over £1 million pounds a years. Every 1st team players contract is a major deal due to the numbers involved.

£1 million per year = £20,000 per week.

Can't believe that Ramage would be getting that, even with a new contract - surely closer to the £10k p/w mark at tops?  Or am I just being deluded as to how much money NUFC can throw at shit?

Guest LucaAltieri

Because he is broke at the mo. He is s**** & it is not worth renewing his contract. Any deal he does sign he will be costing the club over £1 million pounds a years. Every 1st team players contract is a major deal due to the numbers involved.

Can't believe that Ramage would be getting that, even with a new contract - surely closer to the £10k p/w mark at tops?  Or am I just being deluded as to how much money NUFC can throw at shit?

No, I reckon you're right... even including any signing on and agent's fee I doubt he'll be that expensive.

He's still only 24. He's been out for months. He's not Pele but he doesn't need to be either. Give him a one-year deal and see how it goes.

Can't believe that Ramage would be getting that, even with a new contract - surely closer to the £10k p/w mark at tops?  Or am I just being deluded as to how much money NUFC can throw at s***?

It is not just NUFC it is the whole Premier League. A player earning a £1 million basic is no longer though of as big earner in football.

Can't believe supposed trained people in our club can't see what we've been seeing all season with the shite we've watched, and surely Terry Mac knows how crap he is

If he does then Keegans lost the f****** plot

Can't believe that Ramage would be getting that, even with a new contract - surely closer to the £10k p/w mark at tops?  Or am I just being deluded as to how much money NUFC can throw at s***?

It is not just NUFC it is the whole Premier League. A player earning a £1 million basic is no longer though of as big earner in football.

Fair point, but it still seems excessive for a player who is on the fringes of the first team, and also one who came up through the ranks - it's probably fairly true to say that promoted former youth players earn less than their counterparts that have been signed from elsewhere, at least until they become a regular first-teamer, a la Taylor etc.

Not saying that I can't believe NUFC would be prepared to pay Ramage £20k p/w, but if they would then they're getting robbed, even at the value of today's inflated market of player wages.