Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

Is anyone here really interested in all these foreign Leagues?

You're right. I'd much rather watch a toothgrinding, soul destroying 0-0 slugfest between Bolton and Boro than, say, Barca or Inter or Real Madrid, or Milan, etc. etc.

Well, when watching 'La Liga' I don't care who wins and that for me is the difference.

I am interested in all football - I just love the sport.

How can you not be interested in watching the likes of Messi, Ronaldinho etc ?

Guest Ebolarama

You're right. I'd much rather watch a toothgrinding, soul destroying 0-0 slugfest between Bolton and Boro than, say, Barca or Inter or Real Madrid, or Milan, etc. etc.

Well, when watching 'La Liga' I don't care who wins and that for me is the difference.

Fair enough. Can't you enjoy good football, regardless of whether the result directly affects you, Newcastle or the Premiership, though?

Guest Ebolarama

I am interested in all football - I just love the sport.

How can you not be interested in watching the likes of Messi, Ronaldinho etc ?

Give me Aliadiere shanking shots wide and Alan Smith stinking out the place any day. Messi? Bah! Wooden. Wooden.

Yes.  La Liga is so much better than the Premiership, so I'd assume a lot of people are.

No, you mean Barcelona and Madrid are better to watch. Lower down the league the standard is pretty poor.

Fair enough. Can't you enjoy good football, regardless of whether the result directly affects you, Newcastle or the Premiership, though?

I can but it has to be really good. Most of the time I get so bored after half an hour, I just have to do something else.

Yes.  La Liga is so much better than the Premiership, so I'd assume a lot of people are.

No, you mean Barcelona and Madrid are better to watch. Lower down the league the standard is pretty poor.

Indeed. 6th place Atletico couldn't even beat Bolton over two legs ffs. Of course the league will look better if you watch Barcelona and Real Madrid every week. Surely that's pretty bloody obvious. :rolleyes:

Indeed. 6th place Atletico couldn't even beat Bolton over two legs ffs. Of course the league will look better if you watch Barcelona and Real Madrid every week. Surely that's pretty bloody obvious. :rolleyes:

We might look quite good in Spain :lol:

Tomorrow could be the equivalent of last year's trip to Sheff Utd where we win and then all laugh uncomfortably and say "as if we were going to go down" except it's a much bigger possibility.

Dundee Utd lead!

Aye, I was thinking about that earlier. Please save us Obafemi! :(

:laugh:

Help me Obafemi Martins, you're my only hope!

lol... great star wars link.

R2-D2: "(Beeping and whistling)"

C-3PO: "He says that he is the property of Obafemi Martins, a resident of these parts and it's a private message for him. Quite frankly, sir, I don't know what he's talking about. Our last master was Captain Antilles. But with all we've been through, this little R2 unit has become a bit eccentric."

R2-D2: "(Blips)"

Luke: "Obafemi Martins, I wonder if he means Old Bafemi Martins."

C-3PO: "I beg your pardon, sir. But do you know what he's talking about?"

Luke: "Well, I don't know anyone named Obafemi, but Old Bafemi lives out beyond the Dune sea. He's kind of a strange old hermit."

No, I don't.

No, I don't.

Okay, in what ways is it so much better?

No, I don't.

It's just a technically better league.  I like how the players get more time on the ball, makes it much better to watch.

Much rather watch Espanyol, Mallorca, Getafe than say Blackburn or Portsmouth.

No, I don't.

It's just a technically better league.  I like how the players get more time on the ball, makes it much better to watch.

Much rather watch Espanyol, Mallorca, Getafe than say Blackburn or Portsmouth.

Shite

OK, i don't watch much of the foreign leagues, i occassionally catch a few of the La Liga ones (that's quite a good show in general i think, i like Mark Bolton/Guillem Balague)... but i think the top half of the Premier League is unrivalled nowadays.

I'd fancy, say, Everton against many other 'typical' 5th/6th places European sides. They were merely unfortunate this season; could be down to inexperience in Europe (Moyes hasn't done much in Europe) and a one-off poor performance. I'd also like to see how Pompey would do in Europe next season with their talented and cultured squad. They'll have to get themselves an out-and-out goalscorer though (not saying that isn't Defoe, it could be).

:lol:

Anyone else think Berbatov has looked awful this second half?

Only watched the second half so can only judge off that.

Adebayor has looked beyond awful for the last 4 games so i fail to see your point.

I don't think his point had anything to do with Adebayor O0

:lol: Anyone see Keane there when he was taken off? Had a right wee tantrum about it.

Must be something wrong with the Irish getting subbed on Paddys weekend, KK better not sub Duff tomorrow! :D

:lol: Anyone see Keane there when he was taken off? Had a right wee tantrum about it.

Must be something wrong with the Irish getting subbed on Paddys weekend, KK better not sub Duff tomorrow! :D

You're right there. If he's playing at all, we're fucked.

Adebayor has looked beyond awful for the last 4 games so i fail to see your point.

Dodgy decisions going in City's favour has cost us. How the fuck the linesman can call Bent's goal offside is totally beyond me. Ireland was also a couple of yards offside for his goal but suprise suprise, the linesman misses it.

What a moron, you fail to see my point? He looked awful, that was my point. And why the hell did you bring Adebayor into this, i agree he has been shite the last few matches and deserves to be dropped against Chelsea. But your nuts mate!

Guest kingdawson

Dodgy decisions going in City's favour has cost us. How the f*** the linesman can call Bent's goal offside is totally beyond me. Ireland was also a couple of yards offside for his goal but suprise suprise, the linesman misses it.

What a moron, you fail to see my point? He looked awful, that was my point. And why the hell did you bring Adebayor into this, i agree he has been s**** the last few matches and deserves to be dropped against Chelsea. But your nuts mate!

Near enough every thread you come on, you have a little dig at spurs, so please stop acting like the world is against you when i point out that your top striker has also been shite for a while and please stop the insults little boy.

Dodgy decisions going in City's favour has cost us. How the f*** the linesman can call Bent's goal offside is totally beyond me. Ireland was also a couple of yards offside for his goal but suprise suprise, the linesman misses it.

What a moron, you fail to see my point? He looked awful, that was my point. And why the hell did you bring Adebayor into this, i agree he has been s**** the last few matches and deserves to be dropped against Chelsea. But your nuts mate!

Near enough every thread you come on, you have a little dig at spurs, so please stop acting like the world is against you when i point out that your top striker has also been shite for a while and please stop the insults little boy.

*Edit*

Sorry Middsy.  :-*