No one deserves our support more than the bloke who brought you these...

Guest Knightrider

The Premier League is a different kettle of fish now to what it was 13-14 years ago though, Brummie. At that time, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea were nothing to write home about, and apart from Man Utd & Blackburn, no-one had the same financial clout as us. Now though, the top 3 are miles away, even Liverpool, Everton, Aston Villa, etc. are a long way ahead of us. It's going to take a lot more than a big wad of cash and a crest of a wave to ride on this time around.

Click the links and cast your mind back...

1991-92 - KK saves Newcastle United from relegation into the old 3rd Division & ensures the future of the club.

1992-93 - KK takes Newcastle United to the Premiership as Champions, thrashing Leciester 7-1 on the final day one of many great performances that season.

KK's newly dubbed entertainers finish 3rd in the Premiership & qualify for Europe with Andy Cole scoring 41 for the campaign.

KK leads Newcastle United to a 6th place finish & in Europe put 10 past R. Antwerp as they once again entertain the nation

KK almost leads Newcastle United to the title in a season never to forget

KK the glory days.

To those wanting him out, to those getting on his back, to those who should know better, show the man some fucking respect and support your ungrateful set of bastards.  :thup:

He had our support and respect for that THEN. It doesn't make him immune from criticism for the mistakes he is making now.

He's not sme knd of managerial genius, thats a fact.

Do you not read these threads? HTT, to his credit, has said a number of times that he realises KK isn't immune to criticism.

With that said, I think he's getting a little over-defensive.

I was responding the post that i quoted, simple as that.

Imagine if Everton fans had had the same mentality as you HTT when Howard Kendall returned second-time...they'd have went down had they kept him.

Just because he did well first time (Taylor at Villa is another prime example), shouldn't mean we should just sit back and expect things to pick up, whether it's now or the summer.

So what's the answer then, sack him? Howay, you must have an answer. If not shut the f*** up and stop your bitching which is pointless. He's our manager, he's only been here a s*** and a shave, he's inherited one of the worst group of players we've had the misfortune of seeing represent our great club and needs far more than 7 games to turn this s*** around. Now is not the time to start squealing like a bitch. Get behind the manager, a man who built this club up only for tossers to destroy it. Now he has to start all over again and fix their mess with again, one of the worst squads to represent us in our Premier League history. Whether he turns us around in the summer or whatever doesn't matter for now. It's all about staying up and getting behind people, most of all KK.

You're a complete tool, "Coach". I'm not saying sack him, we shouldn't have appointed him. But I though this was about "opinions". My opinion is he's finished as a manager and has been for the last 4-5 years, and I don't need pricks like you telling me that I have to get behind him and should give him slack just because I don't agree with you. You're in support of Keegan, great. I'm not, but I don't need twatty arseholic comments from you telling me how I should think.

You think he's finished, you didn't want him here and you don't support him so again what is your answer?

It's not upto me. It's no good changing now, too late this season. I say the board admit they got it wrong in the summer, and appoint a manager who can then spend the summer doing it his way.

I'm with O-nut btw. Shouldn't have been given the job in the first place, but I'll get behind him.

I agree with HTT. I think Keegan is a top class manager[.b] and he will turn it round given the time and resources to do so. To start judging him after 7 games is in my opinion pathetic. 

Honest question - based on what?

Imagine if Everton fans had had the same mentality as you HTT when Howard Kendall returned second-time...they'd have went down had they kept him.

Just because he did well first time (Taylor at Villa is another prime example), shouldn't mean we should just sit back and expect things to pick up, whether it's now or the summer.

So what's the answer then, sack him? Howay, you must have an answer. If not shut the f*** up and stop your bitching which is pointless. He's our manager, he's only been here a s*** and a shave, he's inherited one of the worst group of players we've had the misfortune of seeing represent our great club and needs far more than 7 games to turn this s*** around. Now is not the time to start squealing like a bitch. Get behind the manager, a man who built this club up only for tossers to destroy it. Now he has to start all over again and fix their mess with again, one of the worst squads to represent us in our Premier League history. Whether he turns us around in the summer or whatever doesn't matter for now. It's all about staying up and getting behind people, most of all KK.

You're a complete tool, "Coach". I'm not saying sack him, we shouldn't have appointed him. But I though this was about "opinions". My opinion is he's finished as a manager and has been for the last 4-5 years, and I don't need pricks like you telling me that I have to get behind him and should give him slack just because I don't agree with you. You're in support of Keegan, great. I'm not, but I don't need twatty arseholic comments from you telling me how I should think.

You think he's finished, you didn't want him here and you don't support him so again what is your answer?

It's not upto me. It's no good changing now, too late this season. I say the board admit they got it wrong in the summer, and appoint a manager who can then spend the summer doing it his way.

I'm with O-nut btw. Shouldn't have been given the job in the first place, but I'll get behind him.

I agree with HTT. I think Keegan is a top class manager[.b] and he will turn it round given the time and resources to do so. To start judging him after 7 games is in my opinion pathetic. 

His great taste in hairstyles, all you have to do is look back through the years man, judge him on his perms, and not the greyness.

The Premier League is a different kettle of fish now to what it was 13-14 years ago though, Brummie. At that time, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea were nothing to write home about, and apart from Man Utd & Blackburn, no-one had the same financial clout as us. Now though, the top 3 are miles away, even Liverpool, Everton, Aston Villa, etc. are a long way ahead of us. It's going to take a lot more than a big wad of cash and a crest of a wave to ride on this time around.

The Premiership might have a few more team ahead of us but Keegan wasn't building on a Premiership team, even as bad at the one we've got.

He started off with a team that was almost bad enough to take us into the third division for the first time in out history, he started with nothing and built us up to what we became by the time he left and he didn't spend that much (net) considering where he took us, his spending was inflated by Shearer, who at the time didn't do as expected.

I also think you under-estimate the difference playing on the crest of a wave makes.

Guest Knightrider

There were 22 Premiership sides ahead of us and with more financial clout than us when KK first joined us as manager and he made up the ground on them pretty quickly. The top 3 are miles ahead of us agreed, the rest aren't though. They've just had what we've never had, continuity. And you want to change managers again? You're fucking mad. You're underestimating KK and overrating those above us. You're also forgetting some of the names we were linked with prior to KK, one of them whose side was dominated yesterday by our toss and this crap manager you think is past it. It will take the club a good few years to get up to the levels of others behind the scenes but on the pitch a few quid and the right kind of atmosphere can be all the difference. Just look at Villa or Spurs under Jol. I'm confident we can more than compete with the Villas, Evertons, Pompeys and Blackburns of this world under KK which is the level we should realistically be looking at, unless you think we're a top 4 club or should be up there. In which case I agree it will take a lot more than a big wad of cash and a crest of a wave to ride on. :lol:

Guest Knightrider

Got it wrong based on what? Your pissy moaning opinions on a message board? Because let me tell you 7 games doesn't say fuck all. And just as well with your mentality we'd be stuck in division 3 now because in KK's first 7 games back in the 90s we were heading down.  Get fucking real man. More change is your answer, well it's a daft one, one that has actually got us into this mess. You don't even know what the fuck you're saying really :lol: as what you're wanting the board to do, they've done. They got rid of Big Sam, appointed their man and will back him with money to err, do it his way. Jesus wept.

Guest Brummiemag

Based mainly on what he achieved for this club last time round. He also left Fulham and Man City in far better shape than when he took over. A lot of the negativity seems to be based on the fact he's been out of the game for 3 years and  we havnt had a win in the first 7 games.   So what if he's been out of the game for 3 years, I dont think the game has changed that much. And as I said earlier I think its pathetic to start judging him after 7 games.  I honestly believe he can turn it round given the time and resources. Whether he will be given the time is a different matter

Money talks nowadays more than ever. It can fast track you to the very top.

We should have plenty of it if we can preserve our Premiership status.

Keegan will know how to spend it and how to motivate the players he buys with it dont worry about that.

Doug

Guest Knightrider

Click the links and cast your mind back...

1991-92 - KK saves Newcastle United from relegation into the old 3rd Division & ensures the future of the club.

1992-93 - KK takes Newcastle United to the Premiership as Champions, thrashing Leciester 7-1 on the final day one of many great performances that season.

KK's newly dubbed entertainers finish 3rd in the Premiership & qualify for Europe with Andy Cole scoring 41 for the campaign.

KK leads Newcastle United to a 6th place finish & in Europe put 10 past R. Antwerp as they once again entertain the nation

KK almost leads Newcastle United to the title in a season never to forget

KK the glory days.

To those wanting him out, to those getting on his back, to those who should know better, show the man some fucking respect and support your ungrateful set of bastards.  :thup:

He had our support and respect for that THEN. It doesn't make him immune from criticism for the mistakes he is making now.

He's not sme knd of managerial genius, thats a fact.

It doesn't as I have already said, but what he achieved then should carry with it respect and support now.

As for your last line, who the fuck are you arguing with in regards to that as I can't remember ever saying he's some kind of managerial genius.

From what you say though, would I be right to assume that in your eyes for him to be immune to criticism he'd have to be a managerial genius? I say that because that's the only logical conclusion I can come to as to why you would add such an inane comment.

Lets just stay in the PL any way possible, give Keegan some cash in the summer, and get behind him.

Getting rid now aint gonna do us any good, theres hardly a queue of the worlds best managers after the job.