Martins appreciation thread

Nobody

Here's to Obafemi Martins! Never seen a more hard-working forward, it's incredible. Looks like a terrific buy. Sure, he didn't score today, but I'm not the slightest worried about that. And he showed some freakish pace today, like when he passed the ball to himself outside their box when he accidentaly injured their player.

Keep it up!!

Absolutely. Let's get behind the guy! Really does look like a good buy.

I can't see him getting 20+ goals this season because it just doesn't happen like that, and to be fair, i'll be chuffed if he even gets 15. Next season and beyond is when he'll be best for Newcastle. He's still so young, un-adapted, and not match sharp.

Howay Obafemi!

Coudln't care less what the they think, tbh. They're probably the same people that support Ameobi because he's been doing "good" since Roeder came. Like the goal he scored today, he was the ONLY one who fell for their offisde trap and even though he had all the time in the world, he still almost missed it.

Sure, Oba missed some sitters today, but he creates so much more than Shola, or any other striker we've had since Shearer's best days.  I don't even believe in this "give him time to settle", he has already settled, the fact he didn't score today was just because of bad luck

Coudln't care less what the they think, tbh. They're probably the same people that support Ameobi because he's been doing "good" since Roeder came. Like the goal he scored today, he was the ONLY one who fell for their offisde trap and even though he had all the time in the world, he still almost missed it.

Harsh; but you're right about Martins. Can't wait till he gets back to full match sharpness.

Guest sunderlandsuck

Sure, Oba missed some sitters today, but he creates so much more than Shola, or any other striker we've had since Shearer's best days. I don't even believe in this "give him time to settle", he has already settled, the fact he didn't score today was just because of bad luck

always been a fan of amoebi meself like, and he was too busy being amazed it wasnt offside to do a great finish.

agree with martins, brilliant talent in him, youre right he missed some sitters, but most of them he created out of knowwhere. there are however certain aspects of his game that makes me belive he hasnt settled yet, i belive theres alot more to come from him and i look forward to seing it. 

Harsh; but you're right about Martins. Can't wait till he gets back to full match sharpness.

What was harsh? Even Sibiersky looked better than Shola in the first half (though I thought he faded away in the second)

Guest TinoInHiding

Great Thread.

I've got a feeling Martins is going to turn out to be one of our best buys ever; anyone giving him a hard time already should be banned from applauding his goals when he's banging them in for fun by Christmas.

Guest smoggeordie

I think Martins is a great buy, but we usually only do appreciation threads for people who have helped the NUFC cause significantly over a number of years ;)

I think Martins is a great buy, but we usually only do appreciation threads for people who have helped the NUFC cause significantly over a number of years ;)

Reckonded he deserved one after the other depressing Martins thread. That's a lie though, because I made this thread before I actually saw the other one :p

i agree with whats being said about martins, but shola probably shouldnt have even been playing today due to his hip. and i think the reason why some people are suprised by siberiski's preformances is because everyone has very low expectations of him which(from what ive seen of him during his time at man city) he did not deserve.

I found him frustrating today, but you couldnt fault his effort.  People were calling him lazy, but i think it's just foriegn stereotyping.

People have to remember his age too.  Loads of 21 year olds and older get the "he's only young excuse" (rightly) but cos he's £10mil and from inter he seems exempt.

this site can be so negative i assumed this was a sarcastic title  :roll: :lol:

He looks excellent, i think in January when we hopefully get a good strong striker he will be even better as he will have someone to play off. Already is so hungry though which is encouraging especially given his age and how fresh he is to the league. Good to see our attacks today led by 3 20-21 year olds. All very good players.

Guest BlueWhiteMonkey

Rossi did more work in 10 mins than Martins did for the other 80 mins. I appreciate people want him to be a success but don't ignore what is staring you in the face. The lad is nothing but a speed merchant, lacks any game intelligence and has the touch of a rapist. He's a headless chicken.

Rossi did more work in 10 mins than Martins did for the other 80 mins. I appreciate people want him to be a success but don't ignore what is staring you in the face. The lad is nothing but a speed merchant, lacks any game intelligence and has the touch of a rapist. He's a headless chicken.

Martins appreciation thread ;)

That is some qualified bullshit, to be honest.

Dont bite for fuck sake  :lol:

Its obvious he's only on here to wind people up, Just ignore him and im sure he'll get bored and find another forum to go fishing

Dont bite for **** sake :lol:

Its obvious he's only on here to wind people up, Just ignore him and im sure he'll get bored and find another forum to go fishing

Does he ever say anything than that wor Oba is a poor mans cisse?

He's still got my support.

Hope he becomes a true no9, sort his finishing out and he'll be a legend.

dont think he'll ever be the true "classic" no9, probably not even a legend, but he looks fucking class and will score a fair share of goals and set up owen for some as well :D

Not a criticism but it is striking that most of the initial comments were from people not at the match. :wink:

Martins strikes me as a player who can certainly be of use to us, but I can understand the concern when our new number 9, a £10 million plus player fails to make much of an impact. Deal with the concerns, hope he does better and move on.

It is harsh to judge a player either way this early on, and just as I cannot understand any vitriol sent his way (and I havn't seen any at the games I have attended), I equally cannot understand the need to fawn over him which seems to be the aim of this thread.