Who really owns Newcastle United ?

Benwell Lad

i own a share, NO WAY im selling the club to mr. ashley

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that sparta no longer owns a share despite what he thinks....

There's no room for romanticism here, there is only one person who owns Newcastle United and that is Mike Ashley. You might all kid yourselves about it (as might the fans of any club, with that 'this is OUR club' shtick), but at the end of the day, you don't, he does.

We used to tell Doug Ellis for years and years that he was ruining OUR club, but he wasn't, it was HIS club. He'd reply by saying he'd leave Villa  Park in a coffin. He didn't go that far, but despite all the shit, he stayed until he wanted to leave. Quite clear who owned the club.

These are now multi million pound businesses. We're becoming - sadly - about as much 'owners' of the clubs as we are 'owners' of Tesco or Asda, ie not at all.

There's no room for romanticism here, there is only one person who owns Newcastle United and that is Mike Ashley. You might all kid yourselves about it (as might the fans of any club, with that 'this is OUR club' shtick), but at the end of the day, you don't, he does.

We used to tell Doug Ellis for years and years that he was ruining OUR club, but he wasn't, it was HIS club. He'd reply by saying he'd leave Villa  Park in a coffin. He didn't go that far, but despite all the shit, he stayed until he wanted to leave. Quite clear who owned the club.

These are now multi million pound businesses. We're becoming - sadly - about as much 'owners' of the clubs as we are 'owners' of Tesco or Asda, ie not at all.

You say this cause you don't understand the special position of this club. The people of the Midlands with all due respect are passive muppets who will put up with anything. If any owner or consortium wants a war we're perfectly capable of giving them one. Without the best wishes of the fans this club would disintegrate.  :razz:

You say this cause you don't understand the special position of this club. The people of the Midlands with all due respect are passive muppets who will put up with anything. If any owner or consortium wants a war we're perfectly capable of giving them one. Without the best wishes of the fans this club would disintegrate.  :razz:

I wasn't sure if you were joking until I saw

passive muppets who will put up with anything

We used to tell Doug Ellis for years and years that he was ruining OUR club, but he wasn't, it was HIS club. He'd reply by saying he'd leave Villa  Park in a coffin. He didn't go that far, but despite all the s***, he stayed until he wanted to leave. Quite clear who owned the club.

Thanks. I'm not sure thats the answer I wanted to hear but it's probably the truth.

I wasn't sure if you were joking until I saw

passive muppets who will put up with anything

:lol:

Guest dover

I think any decisions can be made by the fans voice!

So, an owner is buying basically the "title" of owning a club.

When you "own" the club, you own the assets, these being the ground, land, trade name , trading rights etc. The value of these assets (ground and land aside) is totally down to the supporters, we are not just customers we are the fucking brand, no packed out stadium every home game means the value of mikes assets is wiped out, the tradename is wiped out, advertising sales and marketing is wiped out.

If mike wants his money back, he has to apease the fans he cant have empty seats, reduced sponsorship, etc otherwise his"ownership" is worthless. Mike bought us because hes a smart business man who can see the fanatical support of the club even without the success, he knows with success we can grow to be one of the biggest clubs around thats why hes not selling out, because hes a cash hungry bloke, and fair play to him if he brings us success then he deserves the cash.

Mort on the other hand is a total idiot. He fucked up royally with the redknapp situation promising mike he had it sorted, then when his job was on the line he bought keegan to get the fans on his side and mike off his back. Keegan though hasnt watched much football, hasnt any scounts, and couldnt bring any new players in, and then ditches a centre half. No wonder shearer knocked him back, Dennis wise is here in case keegan walks, and to keep an eye on mort because mike no longer trusts him after the allardyce/redknapp balls up.

we should be having our say every home game and making sure mike fucks mort off asap, unless you want a list of excuses when were in the championship. Move Keegan upstairs and leave shearer to the team.....

It'll be a long range war then will it?

i own a share, NO WAY im selling the club to mr. ashley

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that sparta no longer owns a share despite what he thinks....

ur right... i dont own anything ;(