How long does Keegan get...

Guest BooBoo

no Keegan hasn't lost his marbles. It is likely that a man of 72 may now and again lose his marbles.

The only thing that embarrasses me is the team fighting relegation battles and not trying to punch its correct weight, but I've told you this already. You don't mind this though so long as he doesn't call you nasty names. Your long term chip on your shoulder towards a chairman and board who qualified for europe more than everyone but 4 other clubs and gave us our only 3 consecutive top 5 league postitions in 50 years is funny if it wasn't so tragic.

You don't get it do you?  You claimed Robson had lost his marbles because he said something that you didn't agree with, he later said something which you used yet he was older when he made the 2nd comment but he had made a miraculous mental recovery.

You openly claimed on this forum that Mike Ashley embarrassed you, you followed that claim by stating that you were not taking the piss, stop trying to change history.

haha, I said a man of 72, is eeerrrrrrrr 72. They have a bit of a habit of not being in their prime of life  :laugh:

I also said previously that my wind up of saying I was "embarrassed" at Ashley was exactly that, aimed at people like you, you still don't understand  :laugh:

so you are blaming him then, and not Mort and/or Ashley ?

Just to clarify if the worst happens.

I'm not blaming Keegan for it, he came in late during the transfer window, far too late and I've said that many times, I blame Mort and Ashley for the poor timing.  Keegan had money and tried to spend it but couldn't get the players that he wanted.

I could probably say the same thing a thousand times and you’d still ask the same questions.

haha, I said a man of 72, is eeerrrrrrrr 72. They have a bit of a habit of not being in their prime of life  :laugh:

I also said previously that my wind up of saying I was "embarrassed" at Ashley was exactly that, aimed at people like you, you still don't understand  :laugh:

You're ridiculous.   :lol:

so you are blaming him then, and not Mort and/or Ashley ?

Just to clarify if the worst happens.

I'm not blaming Keegan for it, he came in late during the transfer window, far too late and I've said that many times, I blame Mort and Ashley for the poor timing.  Keegan had money and tried to spend it but couldn't get the players that he wanted.

I could probably say the same thing a thousand times and you’d still ask the same questions.

plural ?

And why not ?

You're ridiculous.   :lol:

you've lost your marbles if you don't understand that

thats right, Bobby Robson was 72, Keegan is still not yet 60 and the quote in question was a long time ago.

To repeat my earlier that you declined to reply :

"Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd. Hall Snr didn't want to sack Ardiles. According to Keegan, unless you know better 

whats the matter, does it pain you to admit a fact ?

That nasty man who hurt your little feelings..........terrible. "

The simple fact is that you are making excuse after excuse for our current position because you can't bring yourself to admit that what I say is true.

You had a go at Robson for losing his marbles then were happy to use something he said later, when he was older.   :lol: Do you think Keegan has now lost his marbles?

I answered your question when you asked it earlier, you replied to my reply.  :lol:

Is that "nasty man" you refer to the same one who embarrasses you for wearing his shirt in with the fans or is it the one who lets his mouth go in a brothel?  Which one of the two embarrass you?

no Keegan hasn't lost his marbles. It is likely that a man of 72 may now and again lose his marbles.

The only thing that embarrasses me is the team fighting relegation battles and not trying to punch its correct weight, but I've told you this already. You don't mind this though so long as he doesn't call you nasty names. Your long term chip on your shoulder towards a chairman and board who qualified for europe more than everyone but 4 other clubs and gave us our only 3 consecutive top 5 league postitions in 50 years is funny if it wasn't so tragic.

So what was our correct weight when we were came 5th after all those CL qualifications? Were you embarressed for the 4 years that proceeded that 5th place finish? Why, when we havent been punching our correct weight for the past 4 years is it Ashleys and Morts fault??

Honestly NE5, you have such a blinkered view onthe club its unreal.

Its so funny seeing you drag threads out like this and repeat the same lines over and over again ad infitum.

My guess, is that somehow you benefitted from the previous boards tenureship and that now they have gone you have lost those beeneifts which is the reason that you are intent on attacking the board.

thats right, Bobby Robson was 72, Keegan is still not yet 60 and the quote in question was a long time ago.

"Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd. Hall Snr didn't want to sack Ardiles. According to Keegan, unless you know better 

The simple fact is that you are making excuse after excuse for our current position because you can't bring yourself to admit that what I say is true.

You had a go at Robson for losing his marbles then were happy to use something he said later, when he was older.   :lol: Do you think Keegan has now lost his marbles?

I answered your question when you asked it earlier, you replied to my reply.  :lol:

Is that "nasty man" you refer to the same one who embarrasses you for wearing his shirt in with the fans or is it the one who lets his mouth go in a brothel?  Which one of the two embarrass you?

So what was our correct weight when we were came 5th after all those CL qualifications? Were you embarressed for the 4 years that proceeded that 5th place finish? Why, when we havent been punching our correct weight for the past 4 years is it Ashleys and Morts fault??

Its so funny seeing you drag threads out like this and repeat the same lines over and over again ad infitum.

My guess, is that somehow you benefitted from the previous boards tenureship and that now they have gone you have lost those beeneifts which is the reason that you are intent on attacking the board.

they need to be repeated for people who have their eyes closed, and can't see past the blinkered view that the last board were shite because they called women dogs and ate all the pies.

Basically, the Halls and Shepherd saved the club from years of embarrassment, and the ultimate embarrassment possible for a club the size of NUFC . If you still don't understand, look it up.

they need to be repeated for people who have their eyes closed, and can't see past the blinkered view that the last board were s**** because they called women dogs and ate all the pies.

Basically, the Halls and Shepherd saved the club from years of embarrassment, and the ultimate embarrassment possible for a club the size of NUFC . If you still don't understand, look it up.

Thats fair and well, that is your opinion, it is only half right but never mind. But that little touching anecdote doesnt really explain why you have such a vendetta against the new board despite overwhelming evidence suggesting that they are doing contrary to what you are preaching. Nor does it answer my forst question about the embarressment, you posed the paradox yourself "The only thing that embarrasses me is the team fighting relegation battles and not trying to punch its correct weight"

Well were you embarressed by the previous 4 years then in that case? If not then why? Surely you have to be consistent with your views........surely??

they need to be repeated for people who have their eyes closed, and can't see past the blinkered view that the last board were s**** because they called women dogs and ate all the pies.

Thats fair and well, that is your opinion, it is only half right but never mind. But that little touching anecdote doesnt really explain why you have such a vendetta against the new board despite overwhelming evidence suggesting that they are doing contrary to what you are preaching. Nor does it answer my forst question about the embarressment, you posed the paradox yourself "The only thing that embarrasses me is the team fighting relegation battles and not trying to punch its correct weight"

Well were you embarressed by the previous 4 years then in that case? If not then why? Surely you have to be consistent with your views........surely??

you don't understand. When we had a shite board, such positions as were managed in the the last 4 years, were classed as a golden era, before the Halls and Shepherd took over the club. And whats more, people like mick know this to be true, unless of course he isn't the supporter he claims to be

FWIW, 2 years ago we finished 7th. In over 3 decades prior to the Halls and Shepherd taking over the club, we managed this once, and 5th once. And that was it.

I fail to understand why you keep harping on about things like this. I'm trying to educate you, or at the least I'm stating cold hard facts, which are beyond dispute.

You had a go at Robson for losing his marbles then were happy to use something he said later, when he was older. :lol: Do you think Keegan has now lost his marbles?

I answered your question when you asked it earlier, you replied to my reply. :lol:

Is that "nasty man" you refer to the same one who embarrasses you for wearing his shirt in with the fans or is it the one who lets his mouth go in a brothel? Which one of the two embarrass you?

you don't understand. When we had a s**** board, such positions as were managed in the the last 4 years, were classed as a golden era, before the Halls and Shepherd took over the club. And whats more, people like mick know this to be true, unless of course he isn't the supporter he claims to be

FWIW, 2 years ago we finished 7th. In over 3 decades prior to the Halls and Shepherd taking over the club, we managed this once, and 5th once. And that was it.

I fail to understand why you keep harping on about things like this. I'm trying to educate you, or at the least I'm stating cold hard facts, which are beyond dispute.

But you have a rhetoric which is so blinkered its untrue. Im one of a few people who actually acknowledges the fact that the Shepherd et al did an amazing job, they achieved the job which they set out to do, they brought the club to relativily consistent Euro quals but, I, like a lot of people beleive that the job they did was undermined by a number a terrible decisions which set the club back many invaluable years which have helped our closets rivals above us get further away from us and some of our not so close rivals below us get above us as well.

It will take millions and millions to rectify the situation and if you advocate that the new board need to spend £100m odd million in order to get back to where we should be then you are directly admitting that that is the sum figure of how far we have fallen, the old board got us effectively £100m behind and that isnt including the (debatable) debt that we had. In essence therefore, Ashley will have had to fork out £200m to get this club into a position it should of been in the first place had Shepherd et al not messed up so badly. (Like i say, debt is debatable).

The thing is is that you still havent answered my question about the embaressment query, you constantly refer to the past as well, as as ort of back up as to how we are doing in comparison. Well how long does that argument hold up for? If you applied the same argument to another club would that be acceptable.

Said this before but comparitively speaking, if the Arsenal board were to do the inexplicable and replace Wenger with a man such as George Graham, and as a result suffered many years of relative mediocrity would they be excused becaseu of there recent history regarding achievemnts? In my mind that is your line of argument, maybe not quite directly applicable but very similar all the same.

you don't understand. When we had a s**** board, such positions as were managed in the the last 4 years, were classed as a golden era, before the Halls and Shepherd took over the club. And whats more, people like mick know this to be true, unless of course he isn't the supporter he claims to be

But you have a rhetoric which is so blinkered its untrue. Im one of a few people who actually acknowledges the fact that the Shepherd et al did an amazing job, they achieved the job which they set out to do, they brought the club to relativily consistent Euro quals but, I, like a lot of people beleive that the job they did was undermined by a number a terrible decisions which set the club back many invaluable years which have helped our closets rivals above us get further away from us and some of our not so  close rivals below us get above us as well.

It will take millions and millions to rectify the situation and if you advocate that the new board need to spend £100m odd million in order to get back to where we should be then you are directly admitting that that is the sum figure of how far we have fallen, the old board got us effectively £100m behind and that isnt including the (debatable)  debt that we had. In essence therefore, Ashley will have had to fork out £350m to get this club into a position it should of been in the first place had Shepherd et al not messed up so badly. (Like i say, debt is debatable).

The thing is is that you still havent answered my question about the embaressment query, you constantly refer to the past as well, as as ort of back up as to how we are doing in comparison. Well how long does that argument hold up for? If you applied the same argument to another club would that be acceptable.

Said this before but comparitively speaking, if the Arsenal board were to do the inexplicable and replace Wenger with a man such as George Graham, and as a result suffered many years of relative mediocrity would they be excused becaseu of there recent history regarding achievemnts? In my mind that is your line of argument, maybe not quite directly applicable but very similar all the same.

sigh,

The old board didn't embarrass me at all, at any time. There were a few setbacks, the appointment of Souness was as most people know - apart from some people who backed him when he was selling Craig Bellamy and insisted he would transform himself into the new Alex Ferguson for getting rid of the "cancer" like Fergie had done - but overall, I work away from home a lot and I don't think anybody at any time ever thought the club had did anything to embarrass me, in fact the vast majority who even took any notice of our ex board members were if anything jealous that we played regularly in europe, reached a couple of cup finals, and filled a big stadium every home game.

Everybody has setbacks. However the current situation, the fear of relegation and the mirth among the press etc and other supporters is at an unprecedented level, certainly higher than at any time since 1992 at least, if you want to debate the meaning of "embarrassed".

I really would like to move on from this, if you would listen.

But you have a rhetoric which is so blinkered its untrue. Im one of a few people who actually acknowledges the fact that the Shepherd et al did an amazing job, they achieved the job which they set out to do, they brought the club to relativily consistent Euro quals but, I, like a lot of people beleive that the job they did was undermined by a number a terrible decisions which set the club back many invaluable years which have helped our closets rivals above us get further away from us and some of our not so  close rivals below us get above us as well.

It will take millions and millions to rectify the situation and if you advocate that the new board need to spend £100m odd million in order to get back to where we should be then you are directly admitting that that is the sum figure of how far we have fallen, the old board got us effectively £100m behind and that isnt including the (debatable)  debt that we had. In essence therefore, Ashley will have had to fork out £350m to get this club into a position it should of been in the first place had Shepherd et al not messed up so badly. (Like i say, debt is debatable).

sigh,

The old board didn't embarrass me at all, at any time. There were a few setbacks, the appointment of Souness was as most people know - apart from some people who backed him when he was selling Craig Bellamy and insisted he would transform himself into the new Alex Ferguson for getting rid of the "cancer" like Fergie had done - but overall, I work away from home a lot and I don't think anybody at any time ever thought the club had did anything to embarrass me, in fact the vast majority who even took any notice of our ex board members were if anything jealous that we played regularly in europe, reached a couple of cup finals, and filled a big stadium every home game.

Everybody has setbacks. However the current situation, the fear of relegation and the mirth among the press etc and other supporters is at an unprecedented level, certainly higher than at any time since 1992 at least, if you want to debate the meaning of "embarrassed".

Wow, you classify Souness as a "setback" now that is putting a positive spin on things. Also doesnt explain why you have such issue with the new board. Or retorted to anything ive put in the previous post.

To me your like a kid who has a toy, which he loves dearly but another kid comes along with a newer toy and as you cant make yours any better you try and make his worse. Classic diversion.

I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people on here who harp on about being "embarrassed" are either cocooned in Newcastle imagining everybody outside is doing nothing other than laughing at them, or they live away from home and simply can't cope with the standard sort of piss taking and banter that goes on among football fans as pretty normal behaviour.

The thing is, when you qualify regularly for europe etc as we have done, very few fans of other clubs can say too much anyway, assuming they take it to heart that is .

Only manure fans are shitbags, but most of those are gloryseekers who are shitbags with everybody no matter who they support, and well worthy of the scorn that is heaped on them.

I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people on here who harp on about being "embarrassed" are either cocooned in Newcastle imagining everybody outside is doing nothing other than laughing at them, or they live away from home and simply can't cope with the standard sort of piss taking and banter that goes on among football fans as pretty normal behaviour.

The thing is, when you qualify regularly for europe etc as we have done, very few fans of other clubs can say too much anyway, assuming they take it to heart that is .

Only manure fans are shitbags, but most of those are gloryseekers who are shitbags with everybody no matter who they support, and well worthy of the scorn that is heaped on them.

Agreed - filthy prawn sandwich eating fuckpigs.

sigh,

Wow, you classify Souness as a "setback" now that is putting a positive spin on things. Also doesnt explain why you have such issue with the new board. Or retorted to anything ive put in the previous post.

To me your like a kid who has a toy, which he loves dearly but another kid comes along with a newer toy and as you cant make yours any better you try and make his worse. Classic diversion.

Rank bad decision. No excuse. See your comment about George Graham, you do realise he was manager of Arsenal when they won the League ?  :laugh:

And, you never know, they might make a mess of replacing Wenger, after all they appointed Bruce Rioch before Wenger and he didn't last too long.

I see Chelsea have made an outstanding choice to replace Mourhinho too ?

Get in the real world fredbob mate, is my advice.

The real strenght of a football club, is a board who understand that what matters is the quality of footballer in the dressing room.

If anyone thinks the current plight can blamed on one person or one season they are in cuckoo land there is shed load of blame to be dished out to various people............some in the media say US FANS :yikes: are to blame.

sigh,

Rank bad decision. No excuse. See your comment about George Graham, you do realise he was manager of Arsenal when they won the League ?  :laugh:

And, you never know, they might make a mess of replacing Wenger, after all they appointed Bruce Rioch before Wenger and he didn't last too long.

I see Chelsea have made an outstanding choice to replace Mourhinho too ?

Get in the real world fredbob mate, is my advice.

The real strenght of a football club, is a board who understand that what matters is the quality of footballer in the dressing room.

Yeh i was aware of his success but i thnk you are missing the point again. Its the enormity of the mistake in going from Wenger to Graham, the complete contrast as well which wouldnt suit Arsenal, akin to going from SBR to Souness, though not as bad. The whole point to that scenario was that would the board be excusable for making that mistake despite all they had achieved.

As for Chelsea, im glad you said that, look at how Abramhovic is getting flak from all the fans, beasue of his dcision, if Chelsea dont win anything this year, will Abramovich get away with it despite being 100% responisble for all of there recent success. No he wont, now why is that?

Surely Chelseas recent success doesnt give them any right whatsoever to criticize Abrhamovich, well they dont by your reckoning anyway.

NE5 is correct about one thing; we had some great days and relative success with the old board for which we should all be grateful. Let's not be shy in giving the old Chairman every respect which he deserved and earned. Sir John Hall I applaud you  :clap:

NE5 is correct about one thing; we had some great days and relative success with the old board for which we should all be grateful. Let's not be shy in giving the old Chairman every respect which he deserved and earned. Sir John Hall I applaud you  :clap:

;D