How long does Keegan get...

Guest BooBoo

NE5.

PLEASE - we're begging here - can you tell us exactly what is behind your agenda?

the good of the club ?

Avoiding relegation ?

Hoping they will match the best positions of the old board, as a minimum ?

Take your pick

How will blindly sticking up for the old board's shortcomings achieve those things?

Can't wait until we qualify for the Champions League again, just like the good old days. Remember them, instead of buying average johnny foreigners and looking at the balance sheet and declaring such acquisitions to be "good business"

not a foreigner but lee bowyer fits the bill well (charvet,dumas,andersson,bassedas,ketsbaia,georgardis all fit the bill aswell)

I was thinking more of the likes of Hamman, Bellamy, Robert, Solano, Given, Ferguson, Speed, Woodgate [when we offered him the money], Owen, and even Duff who chose us ahead of Liverpool. I also remember a Newcastle supporter applauding the Kop while in a black and white shirt just before signing for them and denying it to be a statement of intent.

Even better, think of the league positions and the european qualifications, the 2 FA Cup Finals. I bet you're dead pleased we didn't waste any money in the transfer window too instead of this relegation struggle and the stupid chairmans statements that we wouldn;t be strengthening the squad in the transfer window, and did "good business" last summer bringing in all the johnny averages who have now put us right in the shite.

But thats alright, because its "good business".

NE5.

PLEASE - we're begging here - can you tell us exactly what is behind your agenda?

the good of the club ?

Avoiding relegation ?

Take your pick

How will blindly sticking up for the old board's shortcomings achieve those things?

Can't wait until we qualify for the Champions League again, just like the good old days. Remember them, instead of buying average johnny foreigners and looking at the balance sheet and declaring such acquisitions to be "good business"

Do you think that the old board, if still in charge would of matched the CL qualifications that they'd previously achieved?

Im struggling to debate with you becasue every question i ask you fail to answer. Its like nailing diarreah to a wall.  Do you fancy humouring me.

In fact if you fancy exaplining to me why Keegan said there was money to spend yet we didntbuy and who's fault that is, feel free to as well.

It hard for me to see what the board has done that directly relates to the situation we are in now, we had a better squad then at least 50% of the teams in the prem. SA recieved a decent amount of cash and it was in his hands to prove that he was capable of spending more of Ashleys money, but he failed.

I've humoured you enough, and I'm trying not to draw comparisons to be honest. All I see is a shit chairman who has put prudency before the quality of footballer [which you supported] so those who advocated this approach, despite us having one of the biggest fanbases in the country, have nothing to complain about,

.....brothel in Spain.

Can't see Mort doing that.

Morty knows how to party, don't you worry about that!

has Mort popped his cherry.

Who gives a s*** what the chairman does when you are playing in an FA Cup Final. Did you give your ticket up and stand by your principles ? I bet you didn't.

me....cup finals are nice but prove fuck all.

of course, getting beat in the 3rd round is much better. I hope you gave your ticket up.

:lol:

NE5.

the good of the club ?

Avoiding relegation ?

Take your pick

Do you think that the old board, if still in charge would of matched the CL qualifications that they'd previously achieved?

Im struggling to debate with you becasue every question i ask you fail to answer. Its like nailing diarreah to a wall.  Do you fancy humouring me.

In fact if you fancy exaplining to me why Keegan said there was money to spend yet we didntbuy and who's fault that is, feel free to as well.

It hard for me to see what the board has done that directly relates to the situation we are in now, we had a better squad then at least 50% of the teams in the prem. SA recieved a decent amount of cash and it was in his hands to prove that he was capable of spending more of Ashleys money, but he failed.

I've humoured you enough, and I'm trying not to draw comparisons to be honest. All I see is a s*** chairman who has put prudency before the quality of footballer [which you supported] so those who advocated this approach, despite us having one of the biggest fanbases in the country, have nothing to complain about,

while you still whittle on about clubs with vastly different circumstances to ours when asked about how much debt we should carry ?

For ages NE5 you've been telling us that we can't call Shepherd shit after ten years of debatable decisions, and here you are calling Mort shit after less than a year in charge, and before the season is even concluded.

You honestly don't see the issue there do you?

I can only assume Dave has been taking drugs that affect his rational decision-making abilities.

Bah fuck it, I do it all the time. You don't know what you're letting yourself in for.

NE5.

the good of the club ?

Avoiding relegation ?

Take your pick

Im struggling to debate with you becasue every question i ask you fail to answer. Its like nailing diarreah to a wall.  Do you fancy humouring me.

I've humoured you enough, and I'm trying not to draw comparisons to be honest. All I see is a s*** chairman who has put prudency before the quality of footballer [which you supported] so those who advocated this approach, despite us having one of the biggest fanbases in the country, have nothing to complain about,

while you still whittle on about clubs with vastly different circumstances to ours when asked about how much debt we should carry ?

you mean clubs with smaller fanbases than us ?

Nice to see you ignore the FACT that this club was nearer to administration than it ever was in 1992, when the Halls and Shepherd saved it.

Why do I have to keep telling you this, can't you read ?

For ages NE5 you've been telling us that we can't call Shepherd shit after ten years of debatable decisions, and here you are calling Mort shit after less than a year in charge.

:clap:

For ages NE5 you've been telling us that we can't call Shepherd shit after ten years of debatable decisions, and here you are calling Mort shit after less than a year in charge, and before the season is even concluded.

I see a chairman who doesn't understand football.

That is all.

Quite amazing you defend this season, tbh

NE5.

the good of the club ?

Avoiding relegation ?

Take your pick

Im struggling to debate with you becasue every question i ask you fail to answer. Its like nailing diarreah to a wall.  Do you fancy humouring me.

Fair enough, but i believe he was right not to back SA becaseu as i said at the time he hadnt proved, anyhting with his own signings, however i always advocated the spending of money on players generally deemed essential. but not expensive squad fillers.

I was behind Keegan getting money becasue i think its important for new managers to get there own squad in. As it turns out, Keegan did have finances but was unable to convince players to come here, i cant rememebr hearing anything about bids being rejected accpet for Barnes, or contract talks not going well, which WOULD be attributed to the board, instead, the one im 100% sure about, Woodgate turned us down for a better club. How is that attributed to the board?

Nice to see you ignore the FACT that this club was nearer to administration than it ever was in 1992, when the Halls and Shepherd saved it.

1992 - £4 million debt, £4 million income.

2007 - £100 million debt, £87 million income.

That is all.

Not like you to make something up.

Good night.

For ages NE5 you've been telling us that we can't call Shepherd s*** after ten years of debatable decisions, and here you are calling Mort s*** after less than a year in charge, and before the season is even concluded.

That is all.

If we were to survive this season, and Ashley spent a huge amount this summer then what would your opinion be on the hypothetical situation?

Would Mort still be shit? If so, why?

For ages NE5 you've been telling us that we can't call Shepherd s*** after ten years of debatable decisions, and here you are calling Mort s*** after less than a year in charge, and before the season is even concluded.

That is all.

i'll take a leap from here and assume you're saying shepherd was one who did understand football?

if that's not a safe assumption then ignore the next bit but

he patently didn't fully understand football to me...he understood a certain amount of it, such as investing in building a new academy but not in investing in bringing the best scouts/coaches to the club so that we would have something coming out if it and ensuring continuity behind the scenes

he knew about making a splash with big signings, but not the value of ensuring we had a balanced squad (i see this part as explaining the yo-yo-ing under his tenure)

shepherd was very much a marquis (sp?) chairman in most repsects...talked the talk of a real madrid/man u chairman but wasn't able to fully walk the walk

none of this detracts from our agreements about a lot of the positives he brought to the club mind you!

one thing about mort/ashley too...it's said they're not football people, well to me "football people" if you like, have ran clubs for many many years and the continued dominance of a minority of clubs has been more or less ensured by that...maybe it's gonna take people like this with another perspective to come in and do something different - fair enough they may have been caught out this season but they shouldn't from now on, if they are then your criticism stands

NE5.

the good of the club ?

Avoiding relegation ?

Take your pick

smaller fanbases yes and completely different situations (blackburn=jack wlaker trust....boro=steve gibson...nufc= errr who put their hand in their pocket ?)

yes the club were closer to administration.for which i'm thankful to them for saving us. does that mean i can't say it's time to go when we  go backwards on and off the pitch for 3 years ?

If there is no major rebuilding done in the summer you'll have a point,you'll be vindicated....however you'll look a mug if the manager is backed well.

That is all.

Didn't our last chairman employ Souness and Roeder back to back?

How many people who know anything about football would have given either manager a job after all of the fuck ups they've made in the past?

As you believe that had Robson not been sacked we would have recovered from the team's decline and got back in the CL, I assume that you believe they had the ability to do that given the right manager in charge?

Conversely, as we're in the business of speculating, if Ashley had bought the club in Summer 2004, do you think he would have ignored the majority of supporter's disquiet at team performances and discipline and kept a 71 year old Robson on instead of bringing in someone new? I don't.

Mort's.

It hard for me to see what the board has done that directly relates to the situation we are in now

Making the signing of new players in January extremely difficult and then failing to follow through on those which were targeted?

There's no question we're in a better position with Ashley as owner to be able to get back into the CL positions. The question is whether he has the ambition to force us back there (£££), or whether he's just content to wait and hope we get lucky with good management, shrewd transfers and youth squad breakthroughs - like the majority of the rest of the league have done in the past. We have means, but do we have the motivation? Most people seem certain he'll pump money into the team this Summer, but then most people were certain he'd pump money into the team last Summer too. The ambition he's shown so far sees us teetering on the brink of relegation. He may not be to blame, but he certainly hasn't done anything to help.