Not much Kop (liverpools fans)!

STM

Thing is though. I was terrified going to anfield because i was worried that the Liverpool fans would be as good as they were made out to be and quash my theory about us being the greatest ;)

Over the last 4 years i've been to SJP about 40/50 times and on not one of those occasions have our home fans been as bad as liverpools were at the weekend. We AT LEAST have the level 7 boys doing us proud in every game. Liverpool had one chorus of "stevie gerrard" after they scored and that was it.

Whats worse is that Newcastle is an easy club to sing against because we've won fuck all. They could n't even be arsed to do that.

I'm not doubting that in europe they have some magical nights but those are the easiest games to get up for because you have all afternoon to get pissed after work. I won't think of Liverpool fans the same ever again.

Guest king harry

Thing is though. I was terrified going to anfield because i was worried that the Liverpool fans would be as good as they were made out to be and quash my theory about us being the greatest ;)

Over the last 4 years i've been to SJP about 40/50 times and on not one of those occasions have our home fans been as bad as liverpools were at the weekend. We AT LEAST have the level 7 boys doing us proud in every game. Liverpool had one chorus of "stevie gerrard" after they scored and that was it.

Whats worse is that Newcastle is an easy club to sing against because we've won f*** all. They could n't even be arsed to do that.

I'm not doubting that in europe they have some magical nights but those are the easiest games to get up for because you have all afternoon to get pissed after work. I won't think of Liverpool fans the same ever again.

Sorry to dissapoint you but were not there to entertain you. At the moment we have a problem with about twenty thousand day tripping new age soccer am fans in the ground, and about twenty thousand lads that carnt be arsed going in anymore (for the reasons you say) drinking in pubs around the ground or in town.

Guest Phil K

Home fans really quiet, away fans really noisy.

Is that not the case in 99% of PL games these days?

Surely not at Anfield though where they are the best fans in the world ??

Yes, they never tire of telling everyone this.

As do the media, when they're not masturbating about Ronaldo or Rooney, that is.

Whats worse is that Newcastle is an easy club to sing against because we've won f*** all. They could n't even be arsed to do that.

Sorry to dissapoint you but were not there to entertain you. At the moment we have a problem with about twenty thousand day tripping new age soccer am fans in the ground, and about twenty thousand lads that carnt be arsed going in anymore (for the reasons you say) drinking in pubs around the ground or in town.

Do you think you will fill the new stadium when it's built?

I read somewhere that there was a few thousand seats when you played West Ham.

Guest RowanB

Singing at home games is frowned upon. I sing at every home game and I get funny looks and sarcastic comments like "it's not that exciting is it?" and "wrong game mate." A woman next to me had her fingers in her ears once. I do feel a bit embarassed when I sing, but I try to kind of zone out and ignore what people might think. Even if I do sound a bit mad, I wouldn't give anyone any grief for singing or chanting. I'd just join in personally. I bet half the people who are cynical about atmospheres are silent at home games.

Guest Phil K

100% i'd say.

I'd say 75% from my own experience.

Guest RowanB

100% i'd say.

I'd say we were louder than the away fans at the following home games:

Tottenham 3-1

Arsenal 1-1

Aston Villa 0-0

Wigan 1-0

Bolton 0-0

Blackburn 0-1

Despite people leaving early, there was plenty of passion at

Portsmouth 1-4. Loved the hostility when Portsmouth's third went in and the noise that followed our goal.

Sing more than most home fans definitely.

Guest Bendo

Unlike most other clubs who announce the attendance as tickets sold, LFC go off what went through the turnstyles so it will have been sold out but for whatever reason some people couldn't be arsed to turn up. ::)

I agree the Liverpool fans were poor, didnt hear the kop once until after the third goal.  On the other hand I thought our fans were magnificent throughout the game. Not only did they sing their hearts out, but they stayed positive and despite the result there was no booing at the end.     

anyone at the game to witness this?might be complete bollox but anyways

------------------

Mike Ashley was targeted by angry Newcastle fans yesterday during Liverpools 3-0 romp. The most obnoxious attack launched after the third goal where a fan accused him of being stingy and ruining Keegans chances of a good team.

Another fan who had been drinking hours earlier made a lunge for him but at the end of the day Ashley was targeted and blamed as the fans back former red Kevin Keegan. The game was dominated by Liverpool and angry Newcastle fans are now hoping they avoid relegation and Ashley loosens the purse strings.

http://kop-tv.com/go/headlines/ashley-assaulted-by-angry-newcastle-fans/

http://nufcblog.com/2008/03/09/newcastle-news/mike-ashley-tastes-newcastle-fans-venom/

Thats absolute bollocks, shit stirring cunts.

Thing is though, excuses are excuses.

We have all the same problems and more (because we are shite). You may not be here to entertain us but if i hear a Liverpool fan claiming they have anything other than an average volume in their stadium, they are going to get a lug full.

100% i'd say.

Yes but you are missing the point of the thread.

I wasn't claiming that our home crowds are better than all of the away ones a SJP. I was saying that our home cround is ALOT better than liverpools on the evidence of the weekend.

In short, when someone wins a challenge/throw in at SJP, they get a roar. None of that at Liverpool, just silence throughout.

Guest float one in

Thankfully most of our home match goers are still from Tyneside, County Durham and Northumberland. Since we've never won owt in the Sky era we don't have the day trippers. Even if we did win something (I know, I know) I think we might be a bit too far to go and hopefully too unfashionable for the outsiders to bother jumping on the bandwagon. LIverpool's atmosphere has clearly suffered from this in recent years as King Harry says.

Ring sting:

In the black &

white corner.....

The first rule of fight club; don't repeat tittle-tattle from opposition fan sites without checking the facts:

From The Journal, Monday:

"reports in Liverpool claim he (Ashley) was targeted by angry supporters on Saturday.

"After the third goal a Magpies fan is said to have accused the billionaire of ruining Keegan’s chances of assembling a good team by failing to provide him with sufficient transfer funds.

"In a separate incident, a drunken fan allegedly lunged at Ashley."

Not so, report the travelling fans standing near him, who were able to confirm that nothing untoward had gone on.

Another example of sh*t stirring, abetted by gimpy hacks.

nah liverpool definately have the best fans in the league but we're getting there! i think we should try to get a better team... then we won't be hanging around in the relegation zone like loser fans!

Most hypocritical full of s*** tossers in the league.

just  to point out i didnt actually post that last point, it was my liverpool supporting brother. typical glory hunter attitude!!

Do you think you will fill the new stadium when it's built?

There always used to be empty seats pre-Istanbul

Guest fraser

Ring sting:

In the black &

white corner.....

The first rule of fight club; don't repeat tittle-tattle from opposition fan sites without checking the facts:

From The Journal, Monday:

"reports in Liverpool claim he (Ashley) was targeted by angry supporters on Saturday.

"After the third goal a Magpies fan is said to have accused the billionaire of ruining Keegans chances of assembling a good team by failing to provide him with sufficient transfer funds.

"In a separate incident, a drunken fan allegedly lunged at Ashley."

Not so, report the travelling fans standing near him, who were able to confirm that nothing untoward had gone on.

Another example of sh*t stirring, abetted by gimpy hacks.

My son and I were five seats to Ashley's right (wishing we were a pound behind him). One lad a couple of rows behind him was having a verbal go during the match, answered by one of Ashley's minders, and the lad apologised after the match. As I said in another post he seemed quite relaxed, munching a pie and signing autographs on programmes and shirts. Made me smile that one of his minders is clearly his pen-man, producing one from his pocket for MA to use.

Guest fraser

Is his minder that enormous black guy?

There were about four there, including the black guy (who joins in with the singing).

Guest youcantseeme

100% i'd say.

I wasn't claiming that our home crowds are better than all of the away ones a SJP. I was saying that our home cround is ALOT better than liverpools on the evidence of the weekend.

In short, when someone wins a challenge/throw in at SJP, they get a roar. None of that at Liverpool, just silence throughout.

Thats cause we don't really give a shit about Newcastle, and expect a fairly routine win. When the big clubs visit, or our small neighbours, we'll get up for it.

100% i'd say.

Thats cause we don't really give a shit about Newcastle, and expect a fairly routine win. When the big clubs visit, or our small neighbours, we'll get up for it.

#

Haha pathetic.

So your fans are the "bestest" yet cant be arsed to sing, against us. Newcastle fans sing everyweek more than that, therefore we are better fans.

You should your name to "youcanthearme".