Not much Kop (liverpools fans)!

STM

Is it just me that finds this argument very tiresome? All areas have shitholes, all clubs have their share of wankers, all home fans are quiet in Premier League matches.

The end.

Guest king harry

Again scousers ignoring the original post.

I was talking about noise. I have NEVER heard a Newcastle home crowd as quiet as Anfield was last saturday, regardless of the noise the away fans (us) were making.

Sure we have had our off days but NEVER that bad. What possible excuse can you have for that?

You're entitled to your opinion, why would I try to change an opinion.

I haven't been to SJP for about 6 years but it was very quiet.

Away fans are always loud, it's a day out. 

Again, i WAS NOT REFFERING TO AWAY FANS.

I still want a real answer. You and your fans reffer to them as "the great kop" or "the best fans in europe". If they are the best fans in europe then the standard is f****** abysmal.

And no, i'm not saying that in europe, on your night, you can make the place a cauldron but that is no where near enough to be considered "great".

It's easy to make a noise against your Milans or Barcelona. Try fulham or Bolton.

The reason we have an organisation called RTK (reclaim the kop) is becasue we know the atmosphere on thereis complete and utter shit, theres about 500 of us who sing every match, out of over 13,000. Most of the rest just sit there in silence, asking people to sit down etc. The reason its good on european nights is cos groups of lads can get tickets together. Things are improving as the RTK sit together, but in a stand that big, the noise of a few hundred against thousands w3ho dont give a fuck is hard to make an atmosphere.

The papers describe it as a cauldron, and sometimes it can be louder than anywhere, but 95% of the time any match going red will admit its shite.

Guest toonlass

I was talking about noise. I have NEVER heard a Newcastle home crowd as quiet as Anfield was last saturday, regardless of the noise the away fans (us) were making.

Sure we have had our off days but NEVER that bad. What possible excuse can you have for that?

I still want a real answer. You and your fans reffer to them as "the great kop" or "the best fans in europe". If they are the best fans in europe then the standard is f****** abysmal.

And no, i'm not saying that in europe, on your night, you can make the place a cauldron but that is no where near enough to be considered "great".

It's easy to make a noise against your Milans or Barcelona. Try fulham or Bolton.

The reason we have an organisation called RTK (reclaim the kop) is becasue we know the atmosphere on thereis complete and utter shit, theres about 500 of us who sing every match, out of over 13,000. Most of the rest just sit there in silence, asking people to sit down etc. The reason its good on european nights is cos groups of lads can get tickets together. Things are improving as the RTK sit together, but in a stand that big, the noise of a few hundred against thousands w3ho dont give a fuck is hard to make an atmosphere.

The papers describe it as a cauldron, and sometimes it can be louder than anywhere, but 95% of the time any match going red will admit its shite.

You need to have a word with Scouseman, but then again he has probably been nowhere near Anfield in his life.

sounds a bit like toon ultras who sit up in the leazes (tho change location for cup games). they get a bit of stick on here, a lot for the dubious name i suppose, but they do a good job. it's like having a 1000 or so 'away fans' at your home game who stand up, jump around and sing non-stop.

Is it just me that finds this argument very tiresome? All areas have shitholes, all clubs have their share of wankers, all home fans are quiet in Premier League matches.

The end.

I know what you think Dave but your wrong.

Not ALL home fans are THAT quiet. I'm not disputing that SJP isn't anything like it used to be, what i am saying is that SJP is better than Anfield.

The reason we have an organisation called RTK (reclaim the kop) is becasue we know the atmosphere on thereis complete and utter s***, theres about 500 of us who sing every match, out of over 13,000. Most of the rest just sit there in silence, asking people to sit down etc. The reason its good on european nights is cos groups of lads can get tickets together. Things are improving as the RTK sit together, but in a stand that big, the noise of a few hundred against thousands w3ho dont give a f*** is hard to make an atmosphere.

The papers describe it as a cauldron, and sometimes it can be louder than anywhere, but 95% of the time any match going red will admit its s****.

Well, unfortunately match going reds are few and far between when it comes to talking football with someone either in work, the pub or on the internet. Most Liverpool 'fans' are clueless and they're usually the ones that talk the loudest as well.

Guest king harry

The reason we have an organisation called RTK (reclaim the kop) is becasue we know the atmosphere on thereis complete and utter s***, theres about 500 of us who sing every match, out of over 13,000. Most of the rest just sit there in silence, asking people to sit down etc. The reason its good on european nights is cos groups of lads can get tickets together. Things are improving as the RTK sit together, but in a stand that big, the noise of a few hundred against thousands w3ho dont give a f*** is hard to make an atmosphere.

The papers describe it as a cauldron, and sometimes it can be louder than anywhere, but 95% of the time any match going red will admit its s****.

Well, unfortunately match going reds are few and far between when it comes to talking football with someone either in work, the pub or on the internet. Most Liverpool 'fans' are clueless and they're usually the ones that talk the loudest as well.

Do you think we dont know that, were the ones who put say radio 5 live phone in on, and get some utter tit from Dorset, giving his view on everything, trust me, we hate it more than anyone. Thing is a lot of clubs are the same, i know loads of newcastle lads that went the match in the 1980s and know there stuff, but most of the fans i hear spouting off never go, or go a few games of the season, or only started to go to football within the last few years. Its a situation a lot of clubs face, last season  25 thousand manchester united fans refused to renew there season tickets becasue of rising prices and the auto cup scheme, you wouldnt of known it, nothing in the press, and they were taken up by new age fans. Big problem and people wonder why home atmospheres suffer.

To me it always seems like the fans from the area are passionate and intelligent and not up their own arses so much

its the hangers on from Surrey/Wales/Kent etc that are always the one on the radio spouting shite and childish criticism

Not just Liverpool.. in fact I hardly every hear Mancunian Man U fans on the radio.... Ita always "Dave from Barking" or similar shite like that

Reclaim the Kop is kinda embarrassing, imo. 

all the big club's home games are s**** atmosphere, (and a lot of the not so big teams an all). 

The grounds are filled with moronic daytrippers carrying 10 mega-store bags more interested in taking photos of players taking corner kicks, and phoning their mates in Ireland, Norway or darrrrn saaaaaaaaaarf going 'guess where I am'. 

Guest king harry

all the big club's home games are s**** atmosphere, (and a lot of the not so big teams an all). 

The grounds are filled with moronic daytrippers carrying 10 mega-store bags more interested in taking photos of players taking corner kicks, and phoning their mates in Ireland, Norway or darrrrn saaaaaaaaaarf going 'guess where I am'. 

Its the first season its been in action, atleast we have got the club to let a few hundred sit together, still problems with the stewarts, but atleast people are trying to make a diffrence instead of just moaning.

Right about the daytrippers though

Its the first season its been in action, atleast we have got the club to let a few hundred sit together, still problems with the stewarts, but atleast people are trying to make a diffrence instead of just moaning.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2282/400x400stewartdowningneoe4.jpg?

Guest Knightrider

If we were 4th in the table and had won what Liverpool had won recently and were looking capable of winning even more, SJP would be electric. Even as things stand it is still one of the better atmospheres in the division.

The end.

No, it's not just you.

Guest Scouseman

You need to have a word with Scouseman, but then again he has probably been nowhere near Anfield in his life.

What is it with you?  If you can't back up what you say, the best thing would be to say nothing at all.  I live a 5 minute drive from Anfield, off Walton Vale (I take it your great knowledge of Liverpool will know that) but I walk to the ground if that's alright with you.

It's good that there is an initiative to get sections of fans together, and those who do want to sing and create a buzz, can sit together. That makes perfect sense.

Its the holier than thou concept of it thats embarrassing, it's all just so self righteous. There is no need to have some 'official' movement, with some poncy name.

And yeah, whoever said it was a tedious argument, is right. It is tedious. No set of home fans have much to write home about, that's how sterile the support is in this country these days.

If we were 4th in the table and had won what Liverpool had won recently and were looking capable of winning even more, SJP would be electric. Even as things stand it is still one of the better atmospheres in the division.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

i dont get this argument, it seemed to me (watching on the internet for the record) that the anfield atmosphere was very very bad, but i dont think all liverpool fans are gloryhunters. one of the soundest people i ever met was a liverpool nut, genuine scouser, anfield STH, seen loads of games. didnt gloat or anything about us, in fact he seemed to like the fact that im from kent and dont support a glory hunting team. so lets not tar eeveryone with the same brush (addressed to both sets of fans) because for every moron on sky who thinks we should be winning the league, we have probably 2000 genuine fans who will always support their team, in their own way. likewise, liverpool have a lot of smug dickheads down here in kent, and probably loads in other places, but there will be some who know their football and those are the ones that arent going to slag off us lot and probably have a view not formed by the media. that "king harry" posting above seems like one of these

Guest Phil K

Craic is, we've got fuk all to sing about, depressing times and depressing football. 2 CL finals in 3 seasons was it not and you cannot rise to any occasion bar the end of the match for 5mins if you are comfortably winning?

Sad really. Liverpool are supposed to be a 'special club' when in fact they are average, nowt wrong with that, just sick of the self promotion like everyone else.

Exactly.

They're quick to criticize others NOT in a similar position - ie - a club whose team are playing appallingly badly, and are showing no appetite forthe fight, and their own "bad times" were when they were SIXTH FFS !!!!

But they still expect everyone else to treat them as something special, when they have NEVER EVER had their "loyalty" REALLY tested - never mind not winning the ****** Premier for 10 years or whatever - thats hardly having their loyalty "tested" !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Considering we bettered your atmosphere when we had won NOTHING in the Keegan years - it's truth.

You need the constant stream of trophies to continue your support - we (just as ****** well) DON'T.

The end.

True - but certain teams fans (guess who I refer to) have an obsession with mirror-kissing, with a national press that not only ENCOURAGES such, but attacks the likes of us for doing the same, when we DON'T !

Considering we bettered your atmosphere when we had won NOTHING in the Keegan years - it's truth.

I know alot of Liverpool fans, from living down here for a long time and they've got alot more in common with us than you'd think. In the Keegan years (early to mid 90s) we were on the rise, playing entertaining and attacking football and had just come up from the first division and were challenging at the top, almost straight away. This was after being in the doldrums for years, so due to riding the crest of a wave, the atmosphere was great for a few years. That atmosphere disappeared under Dalglish and apart from a period of Robson its never really returned.

Liverpool had a great atmopshere at Anfield and on the Kop in the 60s, 70s and 80s when they were top of the pile but their decline under Souness, co-incided with the standing Kop disappearing (which was what made Anfield the atmosphere it was) and the atmosphere has declined over the last few years. They can still raise the roof, in European games and games against United and Everton but week to week it is quiet. I remember the two 4-3 games and the roof nearly came off and I can honestly say, I haven't heard a noise like that at St James' for a long time.

It all depends where you sit as well at a ground. In the away end at Newcastle or Liverpool you can't hear the home fans, unless its a really good atmosphere. The noise from the Kop, won't travel to the away fans, when you've got 3,000 Geordies singing all game and they get sick of hearing the same crap every week from the away fans. Also its easy to say "They should get excited by winning 3-0 and with a good team" and they should do but while we've been in the doldrums for a few years, they're in the same position year after year. They haven't been in a title race since they last won the league 18 years ago but haven't finished outside the top 5 for ages, or outside the top half for donkeys years. That's why their atmosphere is better in Europe and in cups because they know they've got a chance of winning a trophy there. I doubt Anfield would have been silent last week, if they were actually going for the title. Plus the older fans have been there seen it and done it in terms of Liverpool winning trophies so alot of them have got complacent and they suffer more than we do for daytrippers and southern gloryhunters.