Not much Kop (liverpools fans)!

STM

Good God, this thread is fantastic. Newcastle fans having a go at our support. Jesus wept. This year at St James part, in all my years watching football around the country, i have never ever seen a set of home fans turn on and abuse their team and their manager to the extent that you lot did. it was embarrassing. is it any wonder your players dont look interested, when the only "Support" they get is booing and being told they are s***. Last year your fans never filled the away end at Anfield, and last saturday, upwards of 300 fans left at half time, swiftly followed by another few hundered when the third goal went in.

and if your idea of good support is singing "sign on" at Liverpol fans, the f****** irony like, i must have missed the bit when the north beat became a hotbead of employment, or "in your Liverpool slums" like there is any major differance in Newcastle, then i really pity you. A bunch of deluded sky generation whoppers. what about actually getting behind your team. And i'm not going to pretend that the atmosphere at Anfield is fantastic for every game, its not, but its still a damn site better than most grounds in the country, and i'd certainly take the sometimes placid atmosphere of the Kop towards the game than the vicious vitriol that is spewed forth from the terraces of ST James park.

as for booing allardyce, we were upset with his decisions and the way he was approaching games and we voiced the frustration. so, there's a difference between thatand chanting 'allardyce out'. for the record allardyce was clapped off by the away homes in his last game in stoke. the flip side to that is when things are going well we're in fine voice. can't say the same about liverpool.

the man was in the job 6 months. what about a bit of patience? Your fans are the reason your club is in the mess it is. what other club parades signed players like they are trophies? you never give any manager time to shape the team.

a liverpool fan telling newcastle fans about patience. in other news, osama bin laden has told the pope to "be more catholic".

fwiw allardyce wasn't pushed out by the fans despite what the media might have said. funny how liverpool fans are so quick to distruct and boycott the media when it comes to their club but when they're spreading shit about other clubs they lap it up. the decision was taken by mort and ashley out of the blue and most fans were stunned. and they made the change cos they wanted to bring their own man in which is fair enough. ashley spent a lot of money buying the club so it is his right.

Guest Man in Black

the issue with our owners is that they have gone back on their word and want to load the club with debt. they could splash on whoever they like, but its not their money, its borrowed money. our net spend last summer was no bigger than ever it was before, the only problem we have now, is if they do what they are proposing to do, we will have a £350 mil debt to service, which will mean we cant compete in the transfer market.

you've still bought Torres, Babel and Mascherano this season for huge sums, as well as a host of others for decent fees like Benayoun or Skrtel. when you take into account the 6 or so million we received for Luque, i think we on balance spent about zero. yet it's the liverpool fans who are in hysterics against their board.

our net spend per season is usually around £25mil. thats what we spend this season, thast also around what our operating profit is. with £350mil debt to service, we would have no money for transfers unless we borrowed it. that is not  a position we want to be in

Guest Man in Black

Good God, this thread is fantastic. Newcastle fans having a go at our support. Jesus wept. This year at St James part, in all my years watching football around the country, i have never ever seen a set of home fans turn on and abuse their team and their manager to the extent that you lot did. it was embarrassing. is it any wonder your players dont look interested, when the only "Support" they get is booing and being told they are s***. Last year your fans never filled the away end at Anfield, and last saturday, upwards of 300 fans left at half time, swiftly followed by another few hundered when the third goal went in.

and if your idea of good support is singing "sign on" at Liverpol fans, the f****** irony like, i must have missed the bit when the north beat became a hotbead of employment, or "in your Liverpool slums" like there is any major differance in Newcastle, then i really pity you. A bunch of deluded sky generation whoppers. what about actually getting behind your team. And i'm not going to pretend that the atmosphere at Anfield is fantastic for every game, its not, but its still a damn site better than most grounds in the country, and i'd certainly take the sometimes placid atmosphere of the Kop towards the game than the vicious vitriol that is spewed forth from the terraces of ST James park.

as for booing allardyce, we were upset with his decisions and the way he was approaching games and we voiced the frustration. so, there's a difference between thatand chanting 'allardyce out'. for the record allardyce was clapped off by the away homes in his last game in stoke. the flip side to that is when things are going well we're in fine voice. can't say the same about liverpool.

the man was in the job 6 months. what about a bit of patience? Your fans are the reason your club is in the mess it is. what other club parades signed players like they are trophies? you never give any manager time to shape the team.

a liverpool fan telling newcastle fans about patience. in other news, osama bin laden has told the pope to "be more catholic".

fwiw allardyce wasn't pushed out by the fans despite what the media might have said. funny how liverpool fans are so quick to distruct and boycott the media when it comes to their club but when they're spreading s*** about other clubs they lap it up. the decision was taken by mort and ashley out of the blue and most fans were stunned. and they made the change cos they wanted to bring their own man in which is fair enough. ashley spent a lot of money buying the club so it is his right.

how will you feel next season when Dennis Wise is your manager?

fwiw allardyce wasn't pushed out by the fans despite what the media might have said. funny how liverpool fans are so quick to distruct and boycott the media when it comes to their club but when they're spreading s*** about other clubs they lap it up. the decision was taken by mort and ashley out of the blue and most fans were stunned. and they made the change cos they wanted to bring their own man in which is fair enough. ashley spent a lot of money buying the club so it is his right.

That we have got what we deserved due to everything all being our fault of course.

Guest RowanB

I would swap a set of prawn sandwitch eaters for any kind of passionate fans, whether they be supportive or unsupportive. The day I stop going to games will be the day nearly all fans are as quiet as yours were on Saturday.

That we have got what we deserved due to everything all being our fault of course.

:lol:

Guest Man in Black

I would swap a set of prawn sandwitch eaters for any kind of passionate fans, whether they be supportive or unsupportive. The day I stop going to games will be the day nearly all fans are as quiet as yours were on Saturday.

so you've stopped going a while ago then?

Guest RowanB

Away fans are still good these days. Our home support often makes a bit of noise too. At least a bit of a roar when we win a corner or put in a good tackle. One of my favourite home games this season in terms of atmosphere was actually the 4-1 home defeat to Portsmouth. Plenty of passion shown. Some of which was anger, some was support. Shouting abuse at your own team might be bad, but it's much better than just sitting there like you're at the cinema.

Guest float one in

Man In Black:

Of course we've got a our fair share of 'whoppers' who sing predictable and unoriginal rubbish at Anfield. But for the most part on Saturday we gave an absolute masterclass in supporting a football team. Let's not forget, our own team have given us precious little to sing about for a long time now (not just this season). And 300 walking out at half time? As Johnnypd said, let's see how Liverpool supporters would have behaved in the same situation - its easy to criticize from where you sit, but I would bet that in your lifetime you've never experienced a Liverpool team perform as lamentably as our team have this season.

That bit about us pushing Allardyce out... I take my hat off to you, you've just believed what the papers wanted you to believe. You know, those same papers you swore you'd never clean your behind with after the lies they told about what Liverpool supporters were doing to their fellow supporters at Hillsborough? Good stuff.

And to accuse us of being 'Sky generation whoppers', well.... I assume you are accusing every single Newcastle supporter here, which is a very fair minded and reasonable thing to do - well done on that one, really. Much less tiresome and infinitely more insightful than accusing all Liverpool supporters of being robbing scumbags/Irish/Chinese/Norwegian tourists. Oh wait... no it isn't.

Tell you what la, why don't you just concentrate on your club and we'll concentrate on ours. Cheers.

Guest Man in Black

Man In Black:

Of course we've got a our fair share of 'whoppers' who sing predictable and unoriginal rubbish at Anfield. But for the most part on Saturday we gave an absolute masterclass in supporting a football team. Let's not forget, our own team have given us precious little to sing about for a long time now (not just this season). And 300 walking out at half time? As Johnnypd said, let's see how Liverpool supporters would have behaved in the same situation - its easy to criticize from where you sit, but I would bet that in your lifetime you've never experienced a Liverpool team perform as lamentably as our team have this season.

That bit about us pushing Allardyce out... I take my hat off to you, you've just believed what the papers wanted you to believe. You know, those same papers you swore you'd never clean your behind with after the lies they told about what Liverpool supporters were doing to their fellow supporters at Hillsborough? Good stuff.

And to accuse us of being 'Sky generation whoppers', well.... I assume you are accusing every single Newcastle supporter here, which is a very fair minded and reasonable thing to do - well done on that one, really. Much less tiresome and infinitely more insightful than accusing all Liverpool supporters of being robbing scumbags/Irish/Chinese/Norwegian tourists. Oh wait... no it isn't.

Tell you what la, why don't you just concentrate on your club and we'll concentrate on ours. Cheers.

away support and home support are two entirely different things, and the reason i'm saying you lot forced Fat Sam out is because of what i witnessed myself at St James Park earlier this season. No Board of directors in the country would back a manager getting that volume of abuse from the home support, not because of what the red tops say. Once a manager loses the home cvrowd like that, then its inevitable the sack wont be long coming. look at the difference when Rafa was under pressure earlier in the season. the support he got from the crowd at the games was the only reason he wasnt sacked, particularlyafter his petulant press conference before we played you.

and as for your support last saturday, to be honest, it didnt sound that great, certainly no better or worse than you usually get froom away fans at Anfield

Guest float one in

Man In Black:

away support and home support are two entirely different things, and the reason i'm saying you lot forced Fat Sam out is because of what i witnessed myself at St James Park earlier this season. No Board of directors in the country would back a manager getting that volume of abuse from the home support, not because of what the red tops say. Once a manager loses the home cvrowd like that, then its inevitable the sack wont be long coming. look at the difference when Rafa was under pressure earlier in the season. the support he got from the crowd at the games was the only reason he wasnt sacked, particularlyafter his petulant press conference before we played you.

and as for your support last saturday, to be honest, it didnt sound that great, certainly no better or worse than you usually get froom away fans at Anfield

A ridiculous and embarrassing (for you) comparison. Allardyce hadn't won us the Champions League a couple of years before, he'd served up match after match of dross, and negative tactics against bottom sides.

Fair enough you were at that match at St James, but if you knew what you were talking about you would recognise that Allardyce was sacked more than a month after that match, during which time the criticism of him from the home stands abated, even though the performances didn't improve. The owner sacked him because he couldn't see any improvement on the pitch - whether or not you choose to believe that is up to you.

Recent history shows that we are a mid table club, that means a great deal to the local population, and gets an incredibly disproportionate amount of national media coverage - I don't think I will ever understand how or why that should rile up people like you, to the extent that you feel you should use your time to come on a Newcastle message board to give us the benefit of the wisdom of a REAL football supporter, and tell us how it should be done.

The point of my previous post was that it is ludicrous to draw comparisons between Liverpool and Newcastle supporters because the situations of the two clubs couldn't be more different, and also to highlight your hypocracy. Just support Liverpool and leave us to support NUFC.

Allardyce must be the only manager ever to have been sacked mid-season having received such vocal support at his final game in charge. Even on TV the 'Big Sam's black and white army' chants were clearly audible throughout the Stoke away game.

How liverpool fans can say we dont give people a chance is a joke, It wasnt working with Sam and we could all see that. I dont see you giving Gillett and Hicks a chance or a few years to turn things around..

Guest toonlass

Liverpool fans are so up their own arses its unbelievable and I know because I lived with one for six months(and yes he was a scouser and not a daytripper red). They continuously go on about how wonderful their team is, how many trophies they have won, how brilliant their support is and yet if you ask them why they haven't won the league for so many years they clam up.

Men in Black - ask yourself why you are not giving Gillette and Hicks a chance, and yet are supporting Raphael, who is leading Liverpool to nothing this season? To criticise Newcastle fans for impatience, when your own are having mass protests in the Kop about the owners for the same thing, is frankly laughable.

Newcastle fans were not the ones who sacked Allardyce - I am surprised that you believe the Sun, considering the boycott on Merseyside - and you are just showing your lack of brain cells and free thinking if you believe the red tops.

Now jog on glory boy, by the way, why Liverpool and not Everton, or even Tranmere?

Guest Scouseman

Your first paragraph loses something because you could be describing many Newcastle fans, but without the trophies. 

Can’t see any reason why he’d clam up when asked why we haven’t won the league in 18 years, most LFC fans around here know we haven’t been good enough, simple as that, the table doesn’t lie.  Just like Newcastle weren’t good enough when they got pipped by Man United.

Your second paragraph is rather ironic considering how you go on to accuse Man in Black of believing the papers.  The Yanks were given the best of chances, warmly welcomed and taken at face value.  That they turned out to be liars of great magnitude in terms of owning our club is enough reason to want them gone I would have thought. 

Again, you appear to have taken the ‘red tops’ view of Rafael Benitez.  It’s not always about winning things, it’s about progress  to winning things, and from every angle of our club he’s shown progress, winning a few trophies along the way.  He’s still rebuilding, still upgrading the quality in each position, why for the love of god wouldn’t the majority of reds fans support him?  He’s the best manager for our club.

Mybe you should try a bit of that free thinking yourself, brain cell available of course

Guest toonlass

Your first paragraph loses something because you could be describing many Newcastle fans, but without the trophies. 

Can’t see any reason why he’d clam up when asked why we haven’t won the league in 18 years, most LFC fans around here know we haven’t been good enough, simple as that, the table doesn’t lie.  Just like Newcastle weren’t good enough when they got pipped by Man United.

Your second paragraph is rather ironic considering how you go on to accuse Man in Black of believing the papers.  The Yanks were given the best of chances, warmly welcomed and taken at face value.  That they turned out to be liars of great magnitude in terms of owning our club is enough reason to want them gone I would have thought. 

Again, you appear to have taken the ‘red tops’ view of Rafael Benitez.  It’s not always about winning things, it’s about progress  to winning things, and from every angle of our club he’s shown progress, winning a few trophies along the way.  He’s still rebuilding, still upgrading the quality in each position, why for the love of god wouldn’t the majority of reds fans support him?  He’s the best manager for our club.

Mybe you should try a bit of that free thinking yourself, brain cell available of course

You're still no nearer winning the league though are you?

Guest toonlass

There you go then. Will you win it this season? Nope. And if you were anything like my ex he put £50 on for Liverpool to win the league this season, so confident was he. Will you win it next season? Nope. Unrest over the ownership, which will rumble on over the next 6 months will see to that. You may turn it on for Europe but you are not guaranteed CL football next season yet. Out of the league cup and FA cup before the finals. Progress indeed this season.

Guest Scouseman

There you go then. Will you win it this season? Nope. And if you were anything like my ex he put £50 on for Liverpool to win the league this season, so confident was he. Will you win it next season? Nope. Unrest over the ownership, which will rumble on over the next 6 months will see to that. You may turn it on for Europe but you are not guaranteed CL football next season yet. Out of the league cup and FA cup before the finals. Progress indeed this season.

I thought we'd have a far better challenge for the title this season, which hasn't turned out, but I didn't think we'd win it.

Will we win it next season?  Hate to disagree with your crystal ball but maybe, we have a strong squad who will be better gelled next season.

Upgrading the quality of the squad is progress as far as I'm concerned, once you have a great squad all playing well together you see where it takes you, but it will always take time to get a top quality player in your key positions, unless you're Chelsea. 

We have two chances of being in the Champions League next season, both within our own hands, if we blow it then we don't deserve to be in it, I think we will be though.

Guest Scouseman

We're nearer than we were before he came.

Same position are you not?

Houlliers last season saw us finish 4th.  Rafas record is 5th, 3rd and 3rd but the important part is the better quality squad we have now to try again next season.