Oba...Obafem

TRon

How dare someone like a player.  If you can't approach everything in life with dispassionate, detached objectivity then I pity you. 

How dare someone not blindly love every toon player, etc.

I just don't understand why some fans (a small number I hope) support the player rather than the team. Always confused me (it started with Kluivert I think).

You have to hate Owen if you love Oba. It's the law.

I just don't understand why some fans (a small number I hope) support the player rather than the team. Always confused me (it started with Kluivert I think).

I don't! :D

When there was a poll for the strikers forum members would most like to see paired together, the leading vote was for Martins and Owen by a fair distance. So obviously not everyone thinks they have to be pitted against one another.

I don't hate any of them, I don't rate a good few of them but hate, kna thats just stupid.

But was Shearer not loved more than the club ? is that not where it started ?

Certainly not by me. There's a man in charge now who Shearer will never be able to rival for popular support.

I don't hate any of them, I don't rate a good few of them but hate, kna thats just stupid.

Certainly not by me. There's a man in charge now who Shearer will never be able to rival for popular support.

I am not to convinced it was even true that Big Al was seen to be bigger than the club but it was mentioned a lot during his time here, I just think that when a club is in shit state the fans seem to cling to the one bright entertaining player, and right now thats Oba.

You could argue that was the case for some people. I think that was a bad thing too though. No one should be bigger than the club.

When there was a poll for the strikers forum members would most like to see paired together, the leading vote was for Martins and Owen by a fair distance. So obviously not everyone thinks they have to be pitted against one another.

I was taking the piss. It's true for a lot of Martins' most ardent fans though imo.

I was taking the piss. It's true for a lot of Martins' most ardent fans though imo.

You are right it is. The truth is, we don't have any real world class strikers in their prime, so we end up bigging up what we do have. It would be great to have Anelka or Drogba but beggars can't be choosers and all that.

I don't mind that (within reason), it's the Owen v Martins thing I can't get my head round. We need them both at present.

Given the choice most fans would want to see Martins and Owen upfront together, the thing  with Owen is that everyone was so excited and expected so much from him but with his injuries then poor performances everyone got pissed off with him.

Given the choice most fans would want to see Martins and Owen upfront together, the thing  with Owen is that everyone was so excited and expected so much from him but with his injuries then poor performances everyone got pissed off with him.

You've got to keep a level head about Owen though. He's not the player he was, but he's still a striker who scores goals, and his general play was really good in the second half, even though he was playing really deep.

You've got to keep a level head about Owen though. He's not the player he was, but he's still a striker who scores goals, and his general play was really good in the second half, even though he was playing really deep.

He's certainly improving under Keegan anyway. If he had scored a lot of the chances he hasn't then he would have a very good goal record under KK.

Oh there is clear improvement from Owen but lets face it, this is the real first run of games he has had in a long time. Its going to be interesting to see if we keep him in the summer, I am not to convinced we will be fighting of bids for him anyway but we shall see.

I think Viduka will be gone thats a cert I reckon but would these 5 be good enough ?

Owen

Martins

Gomis

Fabiano

Carroll

Fukin love Martins.

Can stay here for 10 years as far as i'm concerned.

:thup:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just wish the rest of them cared that much..

Get a grip the pair of you. He's not that good. Says all the right things though, which a few more could learn from as it seems to fool most of the fans into thinking he's amazing. Shows how poor we are when people hero worship him imo.

I like a player, you get a grip FFS  :rolleyes:

Oba had an excellent game - best ive seen in a while. We have definitely missed him. His touch was brilliant and he linked up well with Enrique a couple of times. Deserved a goal with his performance and I am truly pleased he is back in the team!

I have faith he will save us from the drop this year - he just needs to passes! I was in the crowd for the Blues game and he was the only player worth singing for!

Fukin love Martins.

Can stay here for 10 years as far as i'm concerned.

:thup:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just wish the rest of them cared that much..

Get a grip the pair of you. He's not that good. Says all the right things though, which a few more could learn from as it seems to fool most of the fans into thinking he's amazing. Shows how poor we are when people hero worship him imo.

I like a player, you get a grip FFS  :rolleyes:

You rate Taylor so your opinion is null and void anyway.