Man City bid for Henry.

Optimistic Nut

Henry is an absolutely awful character. Never happy and always moaning, and when the going gets tough he moans at his own teammates too.

He whinged about Arsenal not having enough top players but look where they are, and he has run off to Barcelona to be with all his top players and they aren't doing all that great anyway.

He also has some serious back issues too.

We ought to be looking at upcoming players and not this bitter man who is on his way down.

Heres to a bid for Benzema!

I never liked him as a person either, he was just so arrogantly smug, always hated it when he never celebreated doing something pretty amazing. Always thought it was for show and tell. Liked him less when he moved and Arsenal finally came out of his considerable shadow.

Would have him being an arrogant smug twat here in a flash though!

Guest Rob X

Since he dumped his wife, turned his back on his kid and said he wanted to forget about everything English, I'd be surprised if he came back here.

Fair point, bit of a FS type signing to be honest, theres no chance that he'd come to england again in my opinion. Im surpised he's struggled to adapt to the Spanish game so much.

He's been played on the wing mostly, which doesn't really show him at his best. I think in the end, even Arsenal were tired of having to accomodate him. There was that stuff about him being the centre of everything they tried to do.

Honestly don't think i'd want him here.

We'd never get anything back from him, his wages would be mental, you couldn't plan for a future with him, and he's been a walking injury for two years now, his form has taken a hit from it and i think we've seen the best of him at Arsenal, its all down hill from now on.

Great player on a decline, its really not what we need unless we were getting him for free.

Guest nufc 4 life

Hleb recently came out and said he is delighted that Henry is gone because he doesn't have to constantly look out for him when looking for a pass. He also said whenever he had a shot or pased it to someone other than Henry, Henry would turn round and say "hey i was free".

not the sort of character i'd like to see at the club (mind you we have Barton)  :whistle:

Fair point, bit of a FS type signing to be honest, theres no chance that he'd come to england again in my opinion. Im surpised he's struggled to adapt to the Spanish game so much.

aye, Geremi's much better like

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

lets at least compare a forward with a forward........lets say albert luque or patrick kluivert or andreas andersson.

lets at least compare a forward with a forward........lets say albert luque or patrick kluivert or andreas andersson.

Ok then Mark Viduka, "good business"

i'll see your mark viduka and raise you a paul kitson

you'd dismiss Thierry Henry as a "FS type Signing".

Priceless

you'd dismiss Thierry Henry as a "FS type Signing".

Priceless

no i wouldn't.

you're lying

priceless.

Wasn't Viduka signed when Shepherd was still in charge? ;)

Guest wheatley74

sir kev keegan said on his interview with radio newcastle that the 1st player he would buy would be mr henry himself. the guy is 30 and the end of his career why not go for him, the toon would love him and he'll be paid well over a 100,000 grand. go on ash get the cheque book out

sir kev keegan said on his interview with radio newcastle that the 1st player he would buy would be mr henry himself. the guy is 30 and the end of his career why not go for him, the toon would love him and he'll be paid well over a 100,000 grand. go on ash get the cheque book out

he did....and he didn't.

he did say it but when put in context with the rest of his answer you get the feeling he didn't measn it.