Keegan will have £100M to spend

thedudeabides

i wouldnt be surprised at all tbh, i seriously think we'll spend big.

according to todays chron keegan had tens of millions to spend in jan

Link?

its sat on me floor!

its another 'books opened' article, sam got a 4.5m pay off etc, and keegan had been given tens of millions by ashley out of his own pocket but couldnt get who he wanted

its sat on me floor!

its another 'books opened' article, sam got a 4.5m pay off etc, and keegan had been given tens of millions by ashley out of his own pocket but couldnt get who he wanted

I think Ashley is just saying that so Keegan doesn't look like a liar.

He'll also have some extra money to spend after selling Smith and Carr... I hope.

Doesn't Carr's contract expire in the summer?

Maybe, sorry if I've got some facts wrong. To be honest I don't really pay much attention to anything to do with Carr.

He'll also have some extra money to spend after selling Smith and Carr... I hope.

Doesn't Carr's contract expire in the summer?

Maybe, sorry if I've got some facts wrong. To be honest I don't really pay much attention to anything to do with Carr.

I'm not sure to be honest, don't care either. We just need to get rid of him.

And we can reveal he transferred tens of millions of pounds from his personal bank account into the clubs coffers in January as a transfer war chest. But new boss Kevin Keegan was unable to secure any of the signings he wanted so the kitty went unused.

Interesting...

The way they say it Ashley was sitting in front of his online banking transferring the money from his current account.

What happened to the story from the Keegan phone-in that said Beardsley was working at Middlesbrough?

I can't imagine Mike Ashley walking up to Beardsley and saying "Peter, I can't keep this to myself any longer and I most confide in someone. I'm going to give Kevin £100m to spend in the Summer."

Aye that's what I was thinking.

I'm sure Ashley told Keegan how much he had to spend when he took the job, I think it's also believable that Keegan would have told some of his coaching staff what was going on and how much he has available, the likes of Terry Mac are still close to Beardsley so it's not as if he isn't well connected within the club, that's without mentioning him having a private box at the ground and him doing publicity work for the club.

I don't doubt that there will be plenty of Mike Ashley's money for transfers (maybe even the £100m mentioned) but why would he tell anyone, including Keegan, the exact figure? From what Keegan has said of his meeting with Mike he was left in no doubt that plenty of funds would be available.

Regarding what Beardsley says, he also said at one of these fan events that Steve Sidwell was definitely joining us last season and that didn't happen. I'm sure he thought it was true when he told people but it didn't end up happening.

Lets just hope Keegan spends the majority of the money on young players on their way up rather than older big name players on their way down.

Apart from maybe an experienced centre back.

we've done both and got burned....lets hope he buys the right players.

Rather have someone else spending big.

Why's that?

f*** knows man.

it would suggets he feels KK is bad in the transfer market.

so..we have:

his training methods are s**** and he only plays 5 a sides

he is a tactical mong

his teams cant defend for s***

he is gong ho and just attacks attacks attacks

and now he doesnt spend money too well.

owt else?

f*** off man.

Rather have someone else spending big.

based on what? his bad track record last time?

give over man.

Aye, he might break the world transfer record again.  :rolleyes:

exactly.

i thin i have found found one of the fuckers sitting near me today.

honestly, these people are unreal man

Lets just hope Keegan spends the majority of the money on young players on their way up rather than older big name players on their way down.

spot on.

and i reckon he will.

We wouldn't be able to spend it anyway really. I think we can attract good players, but not the sort that use up that kind of money.

i think you'll find 'good players' will be expensive this summer though with the amount of £ flying about

What happened to the story from the Keegan phone-in that said Beardsley was working at Middlesbrough?

I can't imagine Mike Ashley walking up to Beardsley and saying "Peter, I can't keep this to myself any longer and I most confide in someone. I'm going to give Kevin £100m to spend in the Summer."

I'm sure Ashley told Keegan how much he had to spend when he took the job, I think it's also believable that Keegan would have told some of his coaching staff what was going on and how much he has available, the likes of Terry Mac are still close to Beardsley so it's not as if he isn't well connected within the club, that's without mentioning him having a private box at the ground and him doing publicity work for the club.

I don't doubt that there will be plenty of Mike Ashley's money for transfers (maybe even the £100m mentioned) but why would he tell anyone, including Keegan, the exact figure? From what Keegan has said of his meeting with Mike he was left in no doubt that plenty of funds would be available.

Regarding what Beardsley says, he also said at one of these fan events that Steve Sidwell was definitely joining us last season and that didn't happen. I'm sure he thought it was true when he told people but it didn't end up happening.

agree with most of that....and a constant i've got on every time transfer season that comes round......i very much doubt any exact figure has been arrived at, they'll do what they think they have to and what they can afford.

I thought it was common knowledge that Sidwell had agreed to join us when Roeder was here.

As for Ashley and how much we have to spend, surely Keegan would want a rough figure to know what he's got to work with?

Well obviously, no need for the club to spunk big money on older players with little shelf life left though, Deco being a good example.

The way they say it Ashley was sitting in front of his online banking transferring the money from his current account.

So what you're saying is that we didn't buy anybody because Ashley forgot his account password.   mackems.gif