Is N'Zogbia's exit inevitable? (Maybe not - Page 24!)

TRon

He made his name here and now he thinks he's Billy Big Boots.

I certainly wont be shedding a tear when he drags his scrawny arse to London.

Nowhere near as good as some would have you believe.

Got the raw ingredients there though imo.

We should be looking to keep hold of talented kids and develop them.  :undecided:

He's not the finished article I agree. It's ironic that he is probably leaving because he's spent so much time playing second fiddle to the finished article. Because I'm pretty sure Damien Duff is finished as a top player.

I'd go along with that.  :thup:

Duff was an excellent player 5 years ago but he's very, very ordinary now. I'm not saying I condone N'Zogbia being a grumpy bastard, but watching Duff picked in preference to you must vex the lad.

Sure, of course it would. But I still think he's got far too high an opinion of himself for his own good or for the rest of the team's good. Possibly.

Unfortunately yes i think it is. I think him and Willie McKay are looking for a nice fat signing on fee and pay rise, and as we know with McKay if he wants a move he will do anything to make it happen, no matter how disruptive. McKay will force Newcastles hand.

If he had half a right foot he's already be a much better player than he is now.

I'd honestly be desperate to keep him, i think its imperative to have players who genuinely frighten opposition players and Zog is definitely one of those, he's only 21. Been well unlucky with the managers he's played under dont blame him for being pissed off having seen Duff in front of him.

Would be sad to see him go, id expect to see him in North London if he went though.

Guest alijmitchell

I think it was Optomystyc Nyt who once recounted a tale on these forum pages of a brief encounter with N'Zogbia in Shearer's Bar - and young OpNyt had spoken to Zog in French praising him as being particularly talented, perhaps the best in the team that day and Zog had said he knew already. ..so he certainly has never been gifted or over-endowed in the modesty department...when he should have been.

Wouldn't that be the same for most French players though? Not to sound racist, but their arrogance and ability tend to go hand in hand don't they?. Unless of course their name is Lillian Laslandes.

Unfortunately yes i think it is. I think him and Willie McKay are looking for a nice fat signing on fee and pay rise, and as we know with McKay if he wants a move he will do anything to make it happen, no matter how disruptive. McKay will force Newcastles hand.

McKay can't force anyones hand. Someone will have to pay quite a lot to buy N'Zogbia being on a 5 year contract and all.

We should be looking to keep hold of talented kids and develop them.  :undecided:

He's not the finished article I agree. It's ironic that he is probably leaving because he's spent so much time playing second fiddle to the finished article. Because I'm pretty sure Damien Duff is finished as a top player.

Duff was an excellent player 5 years ago but he's very, very ordinary now. I'm not saying I condone N'Zogbia being a grumpy bastard, but watching Duff picked in preference to you must vex the lad.

Sure, of course it would. But I still think he's got far too high an opinion of himself for his own good or for the rest of the team's good. Possibly.

I'm guessing he does rate himself pretty highly tbh. It's down to the manager to handle the personalities and motivate them to perform though.

I'd rather see a team of genuinely talented, grumpy gets playing as opposed to a team of 'canny lads'. Talent, handled properly, is more important than anything else.

McKay can't force anyones hand. Someone will have to pay quite a lot to buy N'Zogbia being on a 5 year contract and all.

Wouldnt say yes to anyhting under £8m to be honest. That'll be the price, young foriegn talent who hasnt got a big reputation yet despite his obvious talents.

He'll go elsewhere, get to play in his own position and be an absolutely class act. Meanwhile we'll probably pay over the odds for someone on the way down with half the talent.

But at least we'll get rid of the "attitude problem." :rolleyes:

He'll go elsewhere, get to play in his own position and be an absolutely class act. Meanwhile we'll probably pay over the odds for someone on the way down with half the talent.

You think Keegan will be shite in the transfer market like?

I'd rather see a team of genuinely talented, grumpy gets playing as opposed to a team of 'canny lads'. Talent, handled properly, is more important than anything else.

That's totally fair comment midds - I just can't help feeling that a team of grumpy gets, regardless of how talented they may or may not be, is never going to be a team that plays with élan, style or enthusiasm or indeed playing as a team - if they're not enjoying their work, they're going to be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard...or Alan Smith.

Talent certainly hasn't been handled properly here in recent years, I think that much is self-evident...it's all been reduced to a numb£r$ game: pay them enough so they stay...and the net result has been rather corrosive I feel.

Guest alijmitchell

Duff was an excellent player 5 years ago but he's very, very ordinary now. I'm not saying I condone N'Zogbia being a grumpy b******, but watching Duff picked in preference to you must vex the lad.

I'm guessing he does rate himself pretty highly tbh. It's down to the manager to handle the personalities and motivate them to perform though.

I'd agree with you there, but their attitude has to be right too right? I mean there are a number of talented players in the prem who have high opinions of themselves but rather than sulk when things aren't going great have risen to the challenge. For what its worth I rate Zog very highly, but if he isn't giving us the performances we know its capable of, his talent is irrelevant. He may well prove himself to be a very god player elsewhere and probably come back to haunt us, but that doesn't mean he'd do the same for us if we decided to keep him.

If he had half a right foot he's already be a much better player than he is now.

I'd honestly be desperate to keep him, i think its imperative to have players who genuinely frighten opposition players and Zog is definitely one of those, he's only 21. Been well unlucky with the managers he's played under dont blame him for being pissed off having seen Duff in front of him.

Would be sad to see him go, id expect to see him in North London if he went though.

That half a right foot whacked in an absolute screamer earlier on this season against Big Sam's Bolton. Took the fat bastard completely by surprise if I recall. Probably too busy studying stats to register anything out of the box tbh.

He won't get a player like N'Zogbia for less than we'll let him go for. That is because for some reason at NUFC, an "attitude problem" is the number one reason a lot of fans like to see a player leave and we'll peddle him for less than his worth, like others before him.

I prefer the shit ones to leave personally.

Guest BooBoo

That half a right foot whacked in an absolute screamer earlier on this season against Big Sam's Bolton. Took the fat bastard completely by surprise if I recall. Probably too busy studying stats to register anything out of the box tbh.

Do you mean Boro? His goal at Bolton was a free kick cross that eluded everyone and sneaked in the far post.

Hey, Wull...I think you're oversimplifying what I was saying originally. A tad.

If his family are elsewhere, surely that's a pretty strong indicator of there being a bit of a problem in that he must surely have a shorter-term view of his future at NUFC than you would like (must be difficult for him to put up with that situation, surely?)?

He won't get a player like N'Zogbia for less than we'll let him go for. That is because for some reason at NUFC, an "attitude problem" is the number one reason a lot of fans like to see a player leave and we'll peddle him for less than his worth, like others before him.

Amen. :thup:

I'd be very disappointed if Zoggy were to go.

That half a right foot whacked in an absolute screamer earlier on this season against Big Sam's Bolton. Took the fat b****** completely by surprise if I recall. Probably too busy studying stats to register anything out of the box tbh.

Ok, a right foot which allows him a better change of direction.

i think the problem wiht letting N'Zogbia leave in the summer is that we already have a big rebuilding job on our hands and this would be unneccessarily adding yet another position to the list of those that need replacing. i trust Keegan in the transfer market but every manager buys their fair share of duds and if we desperately looking to bring in half a dozen first-team players it increases the chances of making a mistake. look at Allardyce saying he was under pressure to bring in bodies and the quality might be slightly sacrificed because of this.

Guest alijmitchell

You think Keegan will be s**** in the transfer market like?

I prefer the s*** ones to leave personally.

Ok I might be a bit of an idealist, but a good 'attitude' and good 'talent' don't have to be mutually exclusive things do they? Of course you want the arrogant, cocky, talent twats in your team because they are the match winners, but then you want them to be positive and hungry to play for your club too. I'm ot saying that Zog has a bad attitude here, but if he doesn't want to be here, he isn't going to produce the goods is he?

That's totally fair comment midds - I just can't help feeling that a team of grumpy gets, regardless of how talented they may or may not be, is never going to be a team that plays with élan, style or enthusiasm or indeed playing as a team - if they're not enjoying their work, they're going to be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard...or Alan Smith.

Talent certainly hasn't been handled properly here in recent years, I think that much is self-evident...it's all been reduced to a numb£r$ game: pay them enough so they stay...and the net result has been rather corrosive I feel.

Bang on. :nods:

Ultimately, it's up to Keegan to get them playing together. He's got to handle the players he's inherited for the time being and get them performing. The bottom half of the league is so tight that getting N'Zogbia motivated and performing might just be the difference between 17th and 12th. And at £500,000 a place - it could be worth a fortune.