Is N'Zogbia's exit inevitable? (Maybe not - Page 24!)

TRon

He'll go elsewhere, get to play in his own position and be an absolutely class act. Meanwhile we'll probably pay over the odds for someone on the way down with half the talent.

But at least we'll get rid of the "attitude problem." :rolleyes:

Hey, Wull...I think you're oversimplifying what I was saying originally. A tad.

If his family are elsewhere, surely that's a pretty strong indicator of there being a bit of a problem in that he must surely have a shorter-term view of his future at NUFC than you would like (must be difficult for him to put up with that situation, surely?)?

He's seen Dyer and Solano use it as an excuse and gone for it. I'm not surprised either given the way he's been treated like shit over the past three years, seeing Duff bought and picked ahead of him. I'm pissed off that I've not been getting a game ahead of the fucking arsehole, so God knows how Charlie feels.

The whole affair sickens me, quite frankly.

Whether he goes on to be a really good player or not is still in the balance, but the talent is definitely there more than most of the prospects in our squad. Sir Bobby said of him when he was signed

"N'Zogbia could go to the very top with the right coaching and motivation, and I hope it is with Newcastle. I signed him as a teenager and he was one of the most naturally gifted players of that age I'd ever seen."

It's baffling to think that two seasons ago a 19-year old kid from a foreign country broke into a very poor Premiership side and scored 6 goals and had 7 assists and by all accounts looked a very promising young left winger, and since then he's scarcely started 10 games in that position in a season and a half. Sulky fucker or not, we failed him as a club miserably.

Cheers Roeder, ya fucknut.

He'll go elsewhere, get to play in his own position and be an absolutely class act. Meanwhile we'll probably pay over the odds for someone on the way down with half the talent.

You think Keegan will be s**** in the transfer market like?

He won't get a player like N'Zogbia for less than we'll let him go for. That is because for some reason at NUFC, an "attitude problem" is the number one reason a lot of fans like to see a player leave and we'll peddle him for less than his worth, like others before him.

I prefer the s*** ones to leave personally.

Ok I might be a bit of an idealist, but a good 'attitude' and good 'talent' don't have to be mutually exclusive things do they? Of course you want the arrogant, cocky, talent twats in your team because they are the match winners, but then you want them to be positive and hungry to play for your club too. I'm ot saying that Zog has a bad attitude here, but if he doesn't want to be here, he isn't going to produce the goods is he?

He doesn't want to be here because the way he's been treated. Who would?  :undecided:  If Ronaldo, after his first season in England when he was good but not spectacular, had been replaced by a player past his best and dreadful week in, week out, do you think he'd still be here?

What's really ironic is that when we get a player happy to wait his turn and sit on the bench, loads of people (not including you necessarily) want shot of him because "he's got no ambition". Make your fucking minds up.

He won't get a player like N'Zogbia for less than we'll let him go for. That is because for some reason at NUFC, an "attitude problem" is the number one reason a lot of fans like to see a player leave and we'll peddle him for less than his worth, like others before him.

Ok I might be a bit of an idealist, but a good 'attitude' and good 'talent' don't have to be mutually exclusive things do they? Of course you want the arrogant, cocky, talent twats in your team because they are the match winners, but then you want them to be positive and hungry to play for your club too. I'm ot saying that Zog has a bad attitude here, but if he doesn't want to be here, he isn't going to produce the goods is he?

He doesn't want to be here because the way he's been treated. Who would?  :undecided:  If Ronaldo, after his first season in England when he was good but not spectacular, had been replaced by a player past his best and dreadful week in, week out, do you think he'd still be here?

What's really ironic is that when we get a player happy to wait his turn and sit on the bench, loads of people (not including you necessarily) want shot of him because "he's got no ambition". Make your fucking minds up.

Who?

Who?

Steve Harper.

The whole affair sickens me, quite frankly.

Whether he goes on to be a really good player or not is still in the balance, but the talent is definitely there more than most of the prospects in our squad. Sir Bobby said of him when he was signed

"N'Zogbia could go to the very top with the right coaching and motivation, and I hope it is with Newcastle. I signed him as a teenager and he was one of the most naturally gifted players of that age I'd ever seen."

It's baffling to think that two seasons ago a 19-year old kid from a foreign country broke into a very poor Premiership side and scored 6 goals and had 7 assists and by all accounts looked a very promising young left winger, and since then he's scarcely started 10 games in that position in a season and a half. Sulky fucker or not, we failed him as a club miserably.

Cheers Roeder, ya fucknut.

Surely the blame for this must lie higher up than Roeder. Not that I'd want to drag this thread down to an interminable FFS themed debate, the whole N'Zogbia issue is a bi-product of our recent past...it remains to be seen if Keegan can keep him happy...perhaps he will...but the rumours about Zoggy being London-bound have been around since he joined this club and they're certainly not going away anytime soon, are they?

Shak - you raise a number of good points there - it's easy to see this whole affair in stark terms. Yes, the club has failed to manage the situation well. Yes, we're now going to pay a fucking huge price for this too - either in terms of what we'll have to fork out for a replacement, or what we'll have to fork out to keep Zoggy here and (hopefully) happy. We're still reaping the Shepherd whirlwind, I'm afraid.

If he goes, then I hope we do get a respectable price for him, a more than adequate replacement, and I hope we learn a lesson and he can go on to be happy elsewhere.

Guest neesy111

He can leave when we get the right price, if he doesn't like that then he can sit in the reserves for the next 5 years

You mentioned the S word. FAIL.

Shak?

Erm...yes, yes that's what I meant. Shak.

Nothing to see here, move along quietly. Thanks.

I'm sorry. I realise now you meant the other "S" word.

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/design05/DJ/20070502/shepherd_meg.jpg

our best attacking midfielder.. and i don't give a fuck how he is off the pitch and what you all think, because i have eyes and i've seen the games..

of course, Keegan's decisions and the fact that willie mcCunt is his agent make me think that it's already decided that he'll move on in the summer, in which case i trust Keegan to replace him with somebody better.. which won't be easy..

and yeah, i'm mostly pissed off that in this case Duff will most likely remain here next season.. and like i said numerous times - with him, Smith, Barton and Butt in midfield next season won't be much different to this one..

He can leave when we get the right price, if he doesn't like that then he can sit in the reserves for the next 5 years

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. It doesn't work like that. :(

i'm mostly pissed off that in this case Duff will most likely remain here next season.. and like i said numerous times - with him, Smith, Barton and Butt in midfield next season won't be much different to this one..

This bit is concerning to everyone. Totally with you on this.

I just don't think there's much we can do to stop Zoggy going now, regardless of any other considerations.

Guest alijmitchell

What's really ironic is that when we get a player happy to wait his turn and sit on the bench, loads of people (not including you necessarily) want shot of him because "he's got no ambition". Make your f****** minds up.

I agree that the conditions have not allowed N'Zogbia develop, and he's been treated like dogshit, but it's always going to be a tricky one isn't it? You want competition for places in a squad (which Duff provided - whether or not that was the entire reason for buying him is a different matter) and you hope that such competition would bring out the best in the player. After all, football is all about competing and trying to better your peers both individually and on a team basis. I'm not saying N'Zog has been at fault, but at the same time you'd like to think that a balance can be struck between talent and so-called attitude (think of Chelsea's team, they fostered a great team spirit while still having world class players come throught the door). With Ronaldo, it is difficult to say what would have happened if another player was brought in to play in his position because no-one really was competing. Lampard had Ballack come in at Chelsea and yet he has still managed to produce the goods.

i'm mostly pissed off that in this case Duff will most likely remain here next season.. and like i said numerous times - with him, Smith, Barton and Butt in midfield next season won't be much different to this one..

They'd better fucking not be.

They'd better fucking not be.

I hope they won't be - but who knows how things will end up?

Guest alijmitchell

Keegan hasn't even been picking Duff on the bench. He's figured the w****** out.

Let's hope so. Love your sig by the way. Is that Billy Furious aye?