Is N'Zogbia's exit inevitable? (Maybe not - Page 24!)

TRon

Guest alijmitchell

I'm confused. What is this thread based upon?

Speculation, Idle Chit-chat, Tittle-Tattle, Hearsay, the odd shit-stirring newspaper article, and a load of Shite, like pretty much everything else that is covered on this board.

I'm confused. What is this thread based upon?

Speculation, Idle Chit-chat, Tittle-Tattle, Hearsay, the odd shit-stirring newspaper article, and a load of Shite, like pretty much everything else that is covered on this board.

Nicely summed up. :lol:

Guest Knightrider

If he wants to leave he can fuck right off and go, he's massively overrated and is more than replaceable. I want players here who want to be here not players who don't and that stands for those with talent too. Fuck him.

WUM.

How? That's how I honestly feel and that goes for every single player at the club. The club is far bigger than any player and if any of them don't want to be here, again - fuck them. I don't care anymore.

If he wants to leave he can fuck right off and go, he's massively overrated and is more than replaceable. I want players here who want to be here not players who don't and that stands for those with talent too. Fuck him.

WUM.

How? That's how I honestly feel and that goes for every single player at the club. The club is far bigger than any player and if any of them don't want to be here, again - fuck them. I don't care anymore.

You sound so passionate for someone who doesn't care anymore.

Guest Knightrider

WUM.

You sound so passionate for someone who doesn't care anymore.

Not passion, just a great belief in my club that it doesn't need wasters and players who don't really want to be there, regardless of their talent or ability. I've had my lot with mercenaries where we are concerned. If N'Zogbia knew right he'd stay here, that goes for all of them.

If N'Zogbia knew right he'd stay here,

Oh yes because we've done a fantabulous job of making him feel wanted the last year and a half haven't we?

I don't blame him for wanting out, not for one second.

And yeah, I can understand the reasoning behind people wanting him gone because of his poor attitude, as thick a viewpoint as I find it to be.

Oh yes because we've done a fantabulous job of making him feel wanted the last year and a half haven't we?

I don't blame him for wanting out, not for one second.

And yeah, I can understand the reasoning behind people wanting him gone because of his poor attitude, as thick a viewpoint as I find it to be.

Word.

Guest Knightrider

He's played games, he's been paid his wages, he's had successive managers wax lyrical about his talent and he's had heaps of adulation from fans, so how exactly has he not been made to feel wanted/loved? Duff's arrival? Is that what this is all about? Fuck me. Competition is what football is all about.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for him or any player apparently "hard done by". I tell you who has been hard done by or pissed about by this club, the likes of James Milner, you don't hear about him wanting to leave or buckling under the pressure of competition for a place though. Or how about Ameobi, a player vilified on here by many who has done more at this club than N'Zogbia has thus far. Your time will come said numerous successive managers who then went and spent a shit load on strikers who to a man each haven't exactly done anything here, with a number of them abject wastes of money or wages like Owen. A player who due to the club's transfer policy and ineptness of managers had to play on despite needing a hip op or two, because the squad was so fucking thin. Did he moan? Did he moan when he was in the side one week, out the other, did he moan when Roeder went and bought Martins which was to Shola what Duff was to N'Zogbia? Did he fuck. He may have lacked N'Zogbia's talent but his attitude was first-class and while that isn't enough on it's own without the ability, it is players like him who I feel sorry for and not the likes of N'Zogbia who had had it good here from the off.

As for not blaming him if he does want out, show some fucking pride in your club man. I will.

Oh and that poor attitude if he does indeed have one? That's one of the reasons why we're fighting a relegation battle and why among man7 other things a number of managers have found it very hard to work with these players or have been let down badly by them.

If he wants out he can fuck right off.

He's played games, he's been paid his wages, he's had successive managers wax lyrical about his talent and he's had heaps of adulation from fans, so how exactly has he not been made to feel wanted/loved? Duff's arrival? Is that what this is all about? Fuck me. Competition is what football is all about.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for him or any player apparently "hard done by". I tell you who has been hard done by or pissed about by this club, the likes of James Milner, you don't hear about him wanting to leave or buckling under the pressure of competition for a place though. Or how about Ameobi, a player vilified on here by many who has done more at this club than N'Zogbia has thus far. Your time will come said numerous successive managers who then went and spent a shit load on strikers who to a man each haven't exactly done anything here, with a number of them abject wastes of money or wages like Owen. A player who due to the club's transfer policy and ineptness of managers had to play on despite needing a hip op or two, because the squad was so fucking thin. Did he moan? Did he moan when he was in the side one week, out the other, did he moan when Roeder went and bought Martins which was to Shola what Duff was to N'Zogbia? Did he fuck. He may have lacked N'Zogbia's talent but his attitude was first-class and while that isn't enough on it's own without the ability, it is players like him who I feel sorry for and not the likes of N'Zogbia who had had it good here from the off.

As for not blaming him if he does want out, show some fucking pride in your club man. I will.

Oh and that poor attitude if he does indeed have one? That's one of the reasons why we're fighting a relegation battle and why among man7 other things a number of managers have found it very hard to work with these players or have been let down badly by them.

Ultimately I think it's naive to think a player will put a club before his career. Just doesn't happen these days.

Guest Knightrider

Ultimately I think it's naive to think a player will put a club before his career. Just doesn't happen these days.

What career Parky? If this was Arsenal or Man Utd and he wanted out purely for footballing reasons based on those kind of offers fair enough, I'd respect that although he'd still get my "fuck him" response. But he has next to no chance of moving to one of those type of clubs and if he actually showed some faith in the club that gave him his big break and the manager that would dearly love to keep him (going off his quotes like) then he might have himself a career to speak of here.

Why would Duff leave Chelsea to come here?

One simple thing, GAURANTEED first-team football. If you think Duff was told by Roeder, the spineless manager that he was, that he'd have to compete for his spot on a level playing field then you're having a laugh.

Competition is fine, but N'Zogbia was flat-out demoted to 2nd choice despite arguably being our best player the previous season. Meanwhile, we signed absolutely no competition for other, blatantly worse positions.

Milner has played an absolute wedge of games the last two years in his favoured position (i.e either wing, he likes them both as far as I know) so that's an unusual comparison.

Again, I don't really feel sorry for N'Zogbia, while I have felt bad for Shola in the past. By all accounts Zoggy seems a bit of a plonker. What I'm upset about is what an absolute abysmal attempt we've made at developing what I consider a top-notch prospect that could have set our left-wing position for a decade and given us some great memories.

And we're fighting a relegation battle because we have a team full of hard-working, though ultimately fucking useless, players and haven't got anyone that can really take it to our opponets, like N'Zogbia has the potential to if we actually give him a game or two on the wing.

What career Parky? If this was Arsenal or Man Utd and he wanted out purely for footballing reasons based on those kind of offers fair enough, I'd respect that although he'd still get my "fuck him" response. But he has next to no chance of moving to one of those type of clubs and if he actually showed some faith in the club that gave him his big break and the manager that would dearly love to keep him (going off his quotes like) then he might have himself a career to speak of here.

I agree with most of that. But a lot of these younger players aren't really getting the right guidance. I'm sure KK will sit him down and talk things through in a very honest manner cause that is his way. But yes ideally if he stuck with us next season and season after than of course he will be at a transformed football club. This is what he needs to believe.

Guest Knightrider

Why would Duff leave Chelsea to come here?

One simple thing, GAURANTEED first-team football. If you think Duff was told by Roeder, the spineless manager that he was, that he'd have to compete for his spot on a level playing field then you're having a laugh.

Competition is fine, but N'Zogbia was flat-out demoted to 2nd choice despite arguably being our best player the previous season. Meanwhile, we signed absolutely no competition for other, blatantly worse positions.

Milner has played an absolute wedge of games the last two years in his favoured position (i.e either wing, he likes them both as far as I know) so that's an unusual comparison.

Again, I don't really feel sorry for N'Zogbia, while I have felt bad for Shola in the past. By all accounts Zoggy seems a bit of a plonker. What I'm upset about is what an absolute abysmal attempt we've made at developing what I consider a top-notch prospect that could have set our left-wing position for a decade and given us some great memories.

And we're fighting a relegation battle because we have a team full of hard-working, though ultimately fucking useless, players and haven't got anyone that can really take it to our opponets, like N'Zogbia has the potential to if we actually give him a game or two on the wing.

I'm not buying it Shak, you said the club haven't exactly made him feel welcome as a point of your argument yet he has clearly been made to feel welcome, wanted, loved or whatever else you want to call it so it can't be that and if it is that he's not going to make it in football because if he gets that upset over nowt really, he lacks the mental strength to go all the way, even at Newcastle.

As for Duff's arrival, he was injured a lot that season so N'Zogbia still played games and tbh we don't know whether Duff's arrival got him demoted as you put it, he could have had an argument with Roeder or done something to justify his dropping. Indeed, we could have signed Duff to replace N'Zogbia that season who for all we know, could have been on his way or wanting out himself.

I too get pissed off when we mishandle talent, but as far as I'm concerned we have only mishandled N'Zogbia's talent by failing to build a team that can get the best out of such players, we haven't failed him any other way as he's been played, been awarded big rewards financially for his promise and successive managers have all wanted to work with him and to bring his game on.

Nah, for me, if he wants out and does end up leaving, it will be for pure selfish reasons that have little to do with football and he will be just another player in a long line this club will always be better off without regardless of his talent which speaking of, is by no means massive. It's average in terms of Premiership potential and that is all at this moment.

He can go either way for me, never become anything other than he is (average at the moment) or knuckle down and develop his game further. He can do that here and then sum. If he chooses not to, again, fuck him. We'll replace him and we'll do well irrespective of his staying or not. Of that I'm convinced and that's because I have faith in my club and KK the manager, if not the current players of which N'Zogbia is very much included....

HTT, I think the problem is, while successive managers have "waxed lyrical" about him, they have generally played someone else ahead of him when available. First Roeder, then Allardyce, now Keegan. Give KK his due, he dropped Duff like a stone once he realised all he was getting was a name which only looked good on the team sheet.

You mentioned Milner for his great attitude, but he also wanted to leave for first team football when he was out of the first team under Souness, and he had players like Jenas and Dyer as competition, not a flogged horse like Duff.

I remember when his old man died and he was allowed time to go back to France to be with his family by Souness, now all of a sudden they live in London and he's conveniently homesick?!

No need to make excuses if you want to leave, not that I'm bothered about it anyway, he's shown a few flashes of brilliance but you have to go back to when Souness was here for when he had a really good game on the wing, I'm confidant Keegan will replace him with a better, more consistent player too.

I remember when his old man died and he was allowed time to go back to France to be with his family by Souness, now all of a sudden they live in London and he's conveniently homesick?!

No need to make excuses if you want to leave, not that I'm bothered about it anyway, he's shown a few flashes of brilliance but you have to go back to when Souness was here for when he had a really good game on the wing, I'm confidant Keegan will replace him with a better, more consistent player too.

And who do you think established a newly formed home-base for them? Probably the same mischief making bugger whose been releasing snippets to the likes of Oliver and the London rags, in a concerted bid to garner interest in his client.

N'Zogbia's young & naive, and he's under the wing of a greedy head turner. It's agents who are the biggest mercenaries - i liken them to arms traders who jump from one battlefield/continent to another looking for their next opportunistic payday, but they're legal, and the players are corruptable and profitable commodities............... to agents players are used guns from previous battlefields, their place is to be re-used and profiteered upon when the agent/dealer sees fit.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/03/29/keegan-to-decide-on-midfielder-s-future-72703-20691385/

Keegan to decide on midfielder’s future

NEWCASTLE United midfielder Charles N’Zogbia goes to White Hart Lane tomorrow with a warning from Kevin Keegan that he will decide whether or not the Frenchman leaves St James’s Park at the end of the season.

Think he's been pretty unlucky to be honest. Would be sad to see him leave and probably watch him develeop into the player he could be at another team. Think HTT is underselling Zog's reasons for leaving to be honest.  I 100% sympathize with Zog.

To say that he should be happy and grateful at a club like ours because he plays occasionally and gets paid for it is oversimplyfying the football equation. In al fairness to the boy he's 21 years old, and has played under 5 manager. He's seen a club go nothing but down,has had his talent recognized by all managers and fans yet he still hasnt had the run he deserves. Add the the fact he suffered hugely difficult times for anyone let alone a 19 year old in a different country, had his father figure sold (albeit for being poor) and has had a player who isnt by any mean deserved of the position play in front of him and i fully understadn why he'd want to leave.

Saying he should be happy because he's getting paid is such a simplistic naive view.