Will that NASTY Mr. Keegan DESTROY poor little Oba by STEALING his No.9 shirt?

James

Seeing that taking away his number 9 would be a public statement that he's not good enough, I reckon it'd be a very bad idea.

He isn't good enough.

Good call. Now tell us who is and why.

Seeing that taking away his number 9 would be a public statement that he's not good enough, I reckon it'd be a very bad idea.

He isn't good enough.

Then sell him. Just don't humiliate him and then expect him to play.

He isn't good enough.

Give over man. :lol:

If he's professional enough he'll play whether he wears 9 or 19. And the only reason he won't wear 9 next season is if we sign a top-quality striker. So either way, we win.

If I was considering taking Martins shirt, I'd plan ahead by making endless comparisons with Martins and Asprilla with news stories saying "Martins can be my Tino" and stuff like that, then hand Martins the number 11.

Fuck Duff.

He isn't good enough.

Good call. Now tell us who is and why.

Michael Owen. Because he's better.

What if he doesn't want it?

He isn't good enough.

Give over man. :lol:

If he's professional enough he'll play whether he wears 9 or 19. And the only reason he won't wear 9 next season is if we sign a top-quality striker. So either way, we win.

When I said 'play', I meant in the sense of play with the right commitment.

We're dealing with a human being, not a machine. In these particular circumstances, there's no way that taking away the No 9 shirt is anything but a public demotion.

He shouldn't care, and we shouldn't care, what number he wears. And i don't think he would either; i genuinely think he loves playing for the club.

But Newcastle's number 9s have typically scored goals, which is exactly what he's done since he's come here. He doesn't deserve to have it shifted. Also from a sentimental point of view, it's nice for us to have a 'different' number 9.