Sunday Gossip

Thespence

Guest LucaAltieri

Throw buckets of cash at Arsenal until they agree to give us Walcott. Would prefer him to 10 Aaron Lennons.

As much as I'd love that to happen I really can't see it.

Yeah we'd have no chance... but stranger things have happened. Offer buckets of cash and the promise of first team football with England's Michael Owen, you never know.

I wouldn't want us to relegate Enrique to the bench by buying Bridge. We need a youngster to be Enrique's deputy.

Or sign Arca. Would be a great squad player to have. Ideally suited to play in a midfield role in a 4-3-3, and left-back.

I wouldn't want us to relegate Enrique to the bench by buying Bridge. We need a youngster to be Enrique's deputy.

Enrique himself isn't exactly at a ripe old age... Wouldn't mind him deputizing for Bridge for a year or two, although I'm not sure how happy he'd be with the idea.

As for Lennon, he's certainly not an appreciable upgrade over Milner. Wouldn't mind having both as options but if we're ditching Milner I'd like us to go for a significantly better replacement.

PS - I'm not necessarily saying Enrique is better than Bridge, I'm just saying I think he is good enough. I wouldn't want to do to him what we did to Zoggy with Duff.

Agree, can't see how we can argue against starting him, seems solid.

Enrique himself isn't exactly at a ripe old age... Wouldn't mind him deputizing for Bridge for a year or two, although I'm not sure how happy he'd be with the idea.

I'm not intentionally picking up on the Chelsea connection there, but that really does smack of Duff/N'Zogbia.

Keep Enrique in the team tbh. He looks a good player, no two ways about it. I think it was the Liverpool game where people said he was shite; i didn't see that one fortunately. Other than that though, i have not seen him play badly once. Saw his debut live and was encouraged from the word go really.

He's got the attributes but needs to improve one or two things that are easily improveable with the plenty of the right mentoring/coaching/games. I think most people can see that.

Howay Jose!

Bridge has gone backwards alarmingly in the last 2 or 3 years imo. Steer well clear, not least because Enrique is looking the part.

Past year imo. He had a run last season, i think, where he looked quality again and should have been in the team. Chelsea signing Cole has had him totally fucked. Can't believe he's not wanted out.

I don't agree with that, Enrique needs competition for his place and not just a deputy.

If we need to bring someone in then I'll see it as a wasted opportunity to improve the first team if we bring in just a back up.

I don't agree with that, Enrique needs competition for his place and not just a deputy.

If we need to bring someone in then I'll see it as a wasted opportunity to improve the first team if we bring in just a back up.

Why though? When he could already have a perfect opportunity to continue/enhance the defense and the first team, if we stick with what we've got. A youngster would be good, what would be better, is a new cb that can also play lb. (Distin/Dunne for eg)

How young do you want the back up to be as Enrique is only 22

Alright then, someone able who is willing to be back-up. I like Enrique and think he should be playing, but neither Bridge or Riise (mentioned previously) would come here without being first-choice or on a fucking disgusting wage. We don't need a first-choice IMO.

What i was saying the other day, preferably English, would be nice. Joe Mattock is supposed to be highly thought of, 17 as well, 4 England U21 caps. I'd like to see him in the club, or someone with similar standing. There's also a young lad at Palace who's breaking through right now, Lee Hills, both would be relatively cheap, both would be a gamble and could go either way, but i think we need to start taking chances on these types of players who can backup the squad and hopefully fill it out a bit.