Graeme Souness

Guest Geordiesned

Sacking Bobby was never the problem,  despite how we handled it.  Replacing him with Souness was the killer blow.

Jesus man, clowns.

If we hadn't sacked Bobby we wouldn't have had Souness, of course it was a problem.

We were on a par with Liverpool for 3 seasons between 01-04. To try and take the next step after a relatively poor season in 04, they replaced Houllier with Benitez, we clung on to Robson 4 months too long and got Souness. Terrible mid-management from the top.

Guest neesy111

Sacking Bobby was never the problem,  despite how we handled it.  Replacing him with Souness was the killer blow.

Jesus man, clowns.

If we hadn't sacked Bobby we wouldn't have had Souness, of course it was a problem.

We were on a par with Liverpool for 3 seasons between 01-04. To try and take the next step after a relatively poor season in 04, they replaced Houllier with Benitez, we clung on to Robson 4 months too long and got Souness. Terrible mid-management from the top.

:thup:

Jesus man, clowns.

That's it.  Bobby wasn't going to be around too much longer anyway, it wasn't the fact of  him going that was the problem but the timing and manner. We and Liverpool diverged so much from 1 place apart because of that summer. Probably Bobby shouldve gone that summer and helped bring in a replacement. After that he shouldve stuck til the following summer. We mayve had a relatively poor season but wed have remained in touching distance of the pack.

• 11 months later...
Guest neesy111

I don't mind Souness tbh, one of the better pundits out there.  Awful awful manager.

• 1 year later...

Just read about him being in hospital. I was always told if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all so I'll leave it at that.

Callous and immature.

Hope he pulls through.

Not really. Can't stand the bloke. Would be hypocritical of me to come on here and wish him well when in all honesty I couldn't care less what happens to him.

Anyway I hear he's making a good recovery so you can dry your eyes now.

Yeah was a bit of a crass comment that. Was a fantastic player back in the day by all accounts

He was indeed. Dirty bastard mind and hard with it.

I remember one tackle he made while playing for Rangers. European or UEFA Cup I think it was. Studs right into the blokes thigh.

Probably sums him up best :lol: