Joey Barton gets six months in jail - See page 4

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a waste of space, why in the world should we keep him?

1. He won't have a pre-season so will be gash for the first half of the season.

2. He was okay in the latter half of this season but not exactly world beating and looked like he needed a good pre-season, oops.

3. He has another ruling to go which could mean further time in jail

4. When do we as a club just say enough is enough, people like Barton have no place here.

5. There is no guarantee he won't do something else in the future given his track record.

Guest shearer_206

I say sack him. The club doesn't need this type of publicity, we have had enough of it in the past with Bellamy, Dyer, Bowyer etc. Its about time a Toon chairman\owner took a grip of things and this would be a good start. I have no sympathy for Joey. Its a shame because I do rate him.

Also I wonder if Mort will see this as an opportunity to further decrease the wage bill. Im sure the clubs legal team would have advised the club and there will be clauses in the contract, meaning we won't have to compensate the player in or out of court (hopefully it wouldn't go to court).

Guest shearer_206

I have never once praised or criticised Joey Barton on this forum. So your claim that we are all fickle carries no weight!

I have never once praised or criticised Joey Barton on this forum. So your claim that we are all fickle carries no weight!

Aye, leave shearer_206 alone, Tooj, you big bully.

Love how everyone has now turned on him like after over-hyping him in the past couple of weeks. Bunch of fickle c***s the lot of ye.

Should'nt have signed him in the first place.....speaking without hindsight here.

Hardly fickle to not be right impressed that one of our players has been jailed.

It was obvious it was going to happen though, but everyone got carried away by a couple of decent performances and forgot all about this and cut him a bit of slack. I'm not surprised at all so I'm not going to suddenly say get rid etc like most are doing, when they haven't been like that all along.

http://www.durfee.net/oz/images/Hill6.jpg

Prisoner #45T672, Joseph Anthony Barton.

Convicted May 20th, 2008, assault and affray.

Sentence: Six months. Up for parole in two.

Love how everyone has now turned on him like after over-hyping him in the past couple of weeks. Bunch of fickle c***s the lot of ye.

Should'nt have signed him in the first place.....speaking without hindsight here.

I agree we shouldn't have signed him mate, especially the fact we paid that extra 300k as well and he done that to us. I was against signing him at the time, I won't lie.

http://www.durfee.net/oz/images/Hill6.jpg

Prisoner #45T672, Joseph Anthony Barton.

Convicted May 20th, 2008, assault and affray.

Sentence: Six months. Up for parole in two.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Another player we now need to sign cover for or replace

I don't see why, he'll be out before the season kicks off if he stays out of trouble.

We're talking about a guy who couldn't buy a burger without being a dick. Put him in a confined area with a load of other criminals and I imagine his sentenced will get even longer

He's not going to Sona off season 3 of Prison Break, with him being an high profile inmate they will have their eye on him to make sure he doesn't get any hassle.

I'm disappointed, although it was probably always going to be the case.

As has been said, if he keeps his nose clean, he'll be out in time for the start of next season.

I hope we stick by him, because he's a talented footballer. He has to be on his last chance though, and any other stupid shit should immediately see him sacked.

I'm a criminal paralegal in a solicitors in Cardiff. For all those wondering about the length of JB's sentence, it wasn't overly harsh at all. If was par for the course really; if anything perhaps slightly lenient.