Champions League QF (second legs)

SUPERTOON

I don't think over the two legs Arsenal deserved to go through.  Their squad is getting found out now, too many tired legs out there and not enough quality back up.  Defensively they look their weakest for years and people like Eboue are playing well below par.

Liverpool will find it tougher against Chelsea whom I think at the moment defensively are a lot better.

Walcott's run was class mind.

Aye, Eboue's not up to the required standard. Nor is Senderos, but that's f****** obvious.

Very true,

Others like Gilberto are on the slide, even Gallas is either tired or starting to show signs of a decline and I am going to get shot down here after the season he has had but I think Flamini is starting to tire at the wrong time, he has been brilliant for most of the season but I don't think has looked the player he has previously done over the last few games (I might add I haven't seen all the games just the ones on TV)

Think we will see Chelsea - Man U in the final. Hopefully we will see Man U - Barcelona in the semi, will be two very interesting games and either of them could win.

when is the next round btw?

Liverpools tactics last night were to have every man behind the ball and pray to fuck that Gerard or Torres do something.

Genius!

Aye, class example of if you have the players, you don't need the tactics.

Eboue/Senderos/Gilberto

None of these are good enough, and unfortunately we saw all of these for majority of the game.

Eboue couldn't knock over an effective cross against OAP FC!!

Senderos, is clumsy, slow, shit with his head, cant mark

Gilberto has been class, but since he has been dropped his confidence has effected form and in turn made him look diabolical.

I just hope that barca win it

Utterly disgusted by the result. Extremely dubious penalty, but if the bindippers get that one then why the hell didnt Hleb get a penalty last week? When the commentator said last night about the prospect of Liverpool Chelsea again i felt almost physically sick, is there a more overhyped let down of a game anywhere on the planet? Every time they play each other its like watching paint dry.

Walcott's run was absolutely class, im glad he is starting to show glimpses of what he is capable of.

Guest LucaAltieri

Eboue/Senderos/Gilberto

None of these are good enough, and unfortunately we saw all of these for majority of the game.

Eboue couldn't knock over an effective cross against OAP FC!!

Senderos, is clumsy, slow, shit with his head, cant mark

Gilberto has been class, but since he has been dropped his confidence has effected form and in turn made him look diabolical.

I just hope that barca win it

:thup: ...I wouldn't describe him as shit, but his marking last night gifted Liverpool the first 2 goals.

People are banging on about the ref etc. Fact is, When Arsenal pulled it back to 2-2 with 84 minutes played - they were going through. They just had to shut up shop for 10 minutes, tops. Regardless of whether or not the penalty was a soft one, how was Babel making a run into the pentaly area 30 seconds after kick off, anyway? They switched off at a time when they needed to be defending for their lives, not least because they had made attacking substitutions. Whoever was Arsenal captain last night wants shooting.

Arsenal have actually been desperately unlucky in the past few weeks. Starting from the Birmingham game, you could pinpoint a moment in nearly every game of theirs in which the ref has fucked them over. Starting from the non-penalty that Birmingham got, the wrong-ruled-offside goal that Adebayor scored against Boro through to the two crucial penalty decisions against Liverpool, they've been fucked over majorly.

A few comments about Arsenal's defence on here.

I was at the game last night and I noticed something about the Arsenal defence that I found strange. If you were watching on TV you may not have noticed because it was all off ball.

Basically the defence was lined up all nice, very straight back line, good positioning...but then as soon as Peter Crouch ambled forward they all moved back with him. I was pretty perplexed about this, they did it a few times. I just kept thinking why don't they just hold position and he'll walk himself off-side  ??? It seemed as though Peter Crouch was dictating how much space he wanted and the Arsenal defence just followed him.

Liverpools tactics last night were to have every man behind the ball and pray to fuck that Gerard or Torres do something.

Genius!

Aye, class example of if you have the players, you don't need the tactics.

Surely your both taking the piss? Both teams played good football last night and it was quite an open game ffs! I realise you hate Liverpool but don't just make things up.

Just an innocent query; why do you guys hate Liverpool so much? Just wondering.

I absolutely loathe what they represent. A pack of medieval grunts riding their f.... luck every time they get the opportunity.

It's not Arsenal that loses, it's the whole f.... philosophy of football and sports in general.

This is a business on a football pitch, sure it's "good" business but f... it if you lose your soul on the way.

What are you talking about you bitter bitter person???

Have you even heard yourself??

what a slava!!!

Any hatred of Liverpool comes down to 1 thing, pure and utter jealousy, and as for anyone slagging of the Liverpool fans, when was the last time Newcastle fans created such an atmosphere, and supported there time for 90 minutes like the Liverpool fans did?

I absolutely loathe what they represent. A pack of medieval grunts riding their f.... luck every time they get the opportunity.

It's not Arsenal that loses, it's the whole f.... philosophy of football and sports in general.

This is a business on a football pitch, sure it's "good" business but f... it if you lose your soul on the way.

what a slava!!!

Any hatred of Liverpool comes down to 1 thing, pure and utter jealousy, and as for anyone slagging of the Liverpool fans, when was the last time Newcastle fans created such an atmosphere, and supported there time for 90 minutes like the Liverpool fans did?

Sorry, but that's utter bollocks. I'm jealous of Man United, and I don't hate them.

Your post (I'm assuming you're a Liverpool fan) shows one of the many reasons Newcastle fans hate Liverpool. So far up your own backsides you don't know what's really going on.

Arsenal have actually been desperately unlucky in the past few weeks. Starting from the Birmingham game, you could pinpoint a moment in nearly every game of theirs in which the ref has fucked them over. Starting from the non-penalty that Birmingham got, the wrong-ruled-offside goal that Adebayor scored against Boro through to the two crucial penalty decisions against Liverpool, they've been fucked over majorly.

Three crucial decisions if you count Lucas against Fabregas in the league on the weekend.

Guest marsai

what a slava!!!

:snod: My remarks there are definitely bitter, but that's pretty obvious with all the "f...." flying around. Your comment about jealousy is way off target actually.

My "bitterness" was (or rather still is) directed solely to those 11 players on the field and the pack of people that put those same players on the field, a.k.a. the staff. What the Liverpool players have promoted in this last couple of years is the kind of football that's just too hard for me to digest, i can't think of any other term here. It's not pretty, as to opposed Arsenal philosophy which i find admirable and inspiring, and above all else "pretty" to watch to a neutral spectator.

I'm not a fan of Arsenal, Liverpool, or Newcastle for that matter, I just find that both Wenger and Keegan football philosophy is "the" right philosophy when approaching football, and that's what i meant when i said Liverpool has no soul. The football they play is stripped of it. Defensive, unattractive, utterly physical football is something I (or any neutral spectator i imagine) don't want to look when i watch the "European greats". Let's put it this way, for me in last nights game, the "bad guys" won. Regarding fans, they come in all shapes and sizes, everyone should treat their club and themselves as the best, whilst respecting the other team and it's fans in the process.

what a slava!!!

:snod: My remarks there are definitely bitter, but that's pretty obvious with all the "f...." flying around. Your comment about jealousy is way off target actually.

My "bitterness" was (or rather still is) directed solely to those 11 players on the field and the pack of people that put those same players on the field, a.k.a. the staff. What the Liverpool players have promoted in this last couple of years is the kind of football that's just too hard for me to digest, i can't think of any other term here. It's not pretty, as to opposed Arsenal philosophy which i find admirable and inspiring, and above all else "pretty" to watch to a neutral spectator.

I'm not a fan of Arsenal, Liverpool, or Newcastle for that matter, I just find that both Wenger and Keegan football philosophy is "the" right philosophy when approaching football, and that's what i meant when i said Liverpool has no soul. The football they play is stripped of it. Defensive, unattractive, utterly physical football is something I (or any neutral spectator i imagine) don't want to look when i watch the "European greats". Let's put it this way, for me in last nights game, the "bad guys" won. Regarding fans, they come in all shapes and sizes, everyone should treat their club and themselves as the best, whilst respecting the other team and it's fans in the process.

Apart from Torres, now that lad is worth watching.

Guest marsai

Apart from Torres, now that lad is worth watching.

That's right, and i think that's so because he's probably the only one in the team with a fair amount of flair in him.

If Steven Gerrard is "the man" (and i believe he is regarded as such) on whom you count to pull a trick or two and decide the winner...well... it just tells you the whole story.

Guest LucaAltieri

what a slava!!!

I'm not jealous of Liverpool in the slightest. Still don't like them.

Likewise with Chelsea.

As for Liverpool fans, well... when was the last time you had Newcastle fans causing trouble abroad or forging tickets? Liverpool's support is nothing to aspire to.