Champions League QF (second legs)

SUPERTOON

Just an innocent query; why do you guys hate Liverpool so much? Just wondering.

I absolutely loathe what they represent. A pack of medieval grunts riding their f.... luck every time they get the opportunity.

It's not Arsenal that loses, it's the whole f.... philosophy of football and sports in general.

This is a business on a football pitch, sure it's "good" business but f... it if you lose your soul on the way.

What are you talking about you bitter bitter person???

Have you even heard yourself??

what a slava!!!

Any hatred of Liverpool comes down to 1 thing, pure and utter jealousy, and as for anyone slagging of the Liverpool fans, when was the last time Newcastle fans created such an atmosphere, and supported there time for 90 minutes like the Liverpool fans did?

:snod: My remarks there are definitely bitter, but that's pretty obvious with all the "f...." flying around. Your comment about jealousy is way off target actually.

My "bitterness" was (or rather still is) directed solely to those 11 players on the field and the pack of people that put those same players on the field, a.k.a. the staff. What the Liverpool players have promoted in this last couple of years is the kind of football that's just too hard for me to digest, i can't think of any other term here. It's not pretty, as to opposed Arsenal philosophy which i find admirable and inspiring, and above all else "pretty" to watch to a neutral spectator.

I'm not a fan of Arsenal, Liverpool, or Newcastle for that matter, I just find that both Wenger and Keegan football philosophy is "the" right philosophy when approaching football, and that's what i meant when i said Liverpool has no soul. The football they play is stripped of it. Defensive, unattractive, utterly physical football is something I (or any neutral spectator i imagine) don't want to look when i watch the "European greats". Let's put it this way, for me in last nights game, the "bad guys" won. Regarding fans, they come in all shapes and sizes, everyone should treat their club and themselves as the best, whilst respecting the other team and it's fans in the process.

Apart from Torres, now that lad is worth watching.

Lad? I don't think he's human. He's a fecking machine!

just find it strange that people in here hate Liverpool so much.

As a Liverpool fan I don't think the football we play is too bad, think of the amount of exciting games we've been involved in recently. Perhaps your opinion is too heavily influenced by the media, or idiots like johann Cruyff who only describe things in extreme, and don't try and tell me that Newcastle are currently playing better football than Liverpool are, coz well that simply ain't true.

As a Liverpool fan I don't think the football we play is too bad, think of the amount of exciting games we've been involved in recently. Perhaps your opinion is too heavily influenced by the media, or idiots like johann Cruyff who only describe things in extreme, and don't try and tell me that Newcastle are currently playing better football than Liverpool are, coz well that simply ain't true.

TBF its influenced by the things you do, like having such majors disasters as Hillsbrough, then buying forged tickets or going to a CL final without a ticket, stealing tickets off kids and others charging the gates.

That kind of stuff makes me and possibly a lot of other people think you are a bunch of stupid cocks.

No dbout your retort is to blame everyone else and not accept any responsibility for your actions like a true Liverpool fan.

Newcastle are currently playing better football than Liverpool.

Newcastle are a Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard away from being in the top 6.

Take those 2 away from Liverpool and they're nothing but a mid-table team.

Newcastle are a Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard away from being in the top 6.

Steady on! :razz: I'd say the majority of their midfield is better than ours. Also, I don't think we necessarily need any other/different strikers this summer.

I agree with danswan with regard to style, certainly though. Much much rather be watching a Newcastle/Arsenal/Reading/Man Utd style team than a Liverpool/Everton/Bolton. Typing those names out, or reading them over make your soul groan FFS. :lol:

Guest neesy111

arsenal simply got cheated by those lucky scouse bastards, remember the inter milan when materazzi got sent off after torres dived

they get so much luck in the champs league it's untrue

I think that's a ridiculous thing to say tbf.

Any hatred of Liverpool comes down to 1 thing, pure and utter jealousy,

Oh, I reckon Heysel, and British clubs being banned from Europe for years, are pretty solid reasons for disliking Liverpool fans. That and the dumb combination of fatuous arrogance and whining victimhood.

Any hatred of Liverpool comes down to 1 thing, pure and utter jealousy,

Oh, I reckon Heysel, and British clubs being banned from Europe for years, are pretty solid reasons for disliking Liverpool fans. That and the dumb combination of fatuous arrogance and whining victimhood.

Also, why don't we hate Arsenal with the same passion exactly? Who we should, by your science, be even more envious of?

Why's that? You think that they could cope without Torres and Gerrard? The rest of their players are pretty average tbh.

:lol: Aye, gan canny.

Only Beye, Owen and Martins would come close to getting in Liverpool's team. Perhaps Enrique given time.

Guest LucaAltieri

Why's that? You think that they could cope without Torres and Gerrard? The rest of their players are pretty average tbh.

What you on about, man? Kewell is amazing.  :-X

Only Beye, Owen and Martins would come close to getting in Liverpool's team. Perhaps Enrique given time.

That's not the point I'm making. I said that they'd be a mid-table team without those 2. I didn't say that all of our players were better than theirs.

Without Gerrard and Torres this season, Everton, Aston Villa, Blackburn and Portsmouth would all probably be above them. I don't see what is so ridiculous about that at all.

That's not the point I'm making. I said that they'd be a mid-table team without those 2. I didn't say that all of our players were better than theirs.

Without Gerrard and Torres this season, Everton, Aston Villa, Blackburn and Portsmouth would all probably be above them. I don't see what is so ridiculous about that at all.

----------------------Reina

Finnan---Carragher---Agger---Arbeloa

Pennant---Alonso---Mascherano---Babel

--------------Crouch---Kuyt

Subs:

Carson (recalled)

Skrtel

Riise

Lucas

Benayoun

Voronin

Better than any of those teams you suggest imo.

Subs:

Carson (recalled)

Skrtel

Riise

Lucas

Benayoun

Voronin

So having the best striker in the league, and the so-called best midfielder, that hasn't helped their cause one bit?

Are you actually saying that they'd still be in fourth without those? :D :D :D

Subs:

Carson (recalled)

Skrtel

Riise

Lucas

Benayoun

Voronin

So having the best striker in the league, and the so-called best midfielder, that hasn't helped their cause one bit?

Of course they've helped, but that is the reason they play, they are good palyers, but its not the be all and end all of the Liverpool squad.

If they played better football under an attacking manager without those two i think they'd grab 4th. They'd probably not have the success in the CL though.

Guest LucaAltieri

Subs:

Carson (recalled)

Skrtel

Riise

Lucas

Benayoun

Voronin

Probably not 4th but player for player they'd still be better than Everton, Villa, and Portsmouth easily.

It's not something either of us can prove, but it could be the same kind of difference between a boring Sam Allardyce team to KK playing his way with SA players.

Those players play a certain way due to the manager, we've seen the difference a change in style can make.

Nothing there scares me.

Guest LucaAltieri

Nothing there scares me.

Really? Crouch scares the fuck out of me.