Players wanted to hurt each other.

Rocker

I'm really sorry, I've got no source here, because I've just read Keegans qoutes in the paper in Tesco's.

Keegan says when he first came back, some players in training wanted to hurt each other (hard tackles etc), and that he had to say something like 'you can't do that, you might have to play with him on Saturday'

Sorry I've not got the source, so when someone gets it, feel free to add it here.

Reminds me of when Nicky Butt had a few words to say about the people who were playing and acting like they didn't want to be here (the day Zoggy and Oba?, walked out on the team) * apparently.

It's not as bad as it sounds according to Keegan in the Journal.

Players were training aggressively within the laws of the game, but Keegan wanted it so that the only knocks a player picks up are within competitive matches.

I remember seeing Laurent Robert and Andrew Griffin going toe to toe during a training session all because Griffin scythed him down with a toe footed tackle and then Robert reacted to that. Warren Barton of all people sorted it out by grabbing Griffin and taking him down.