The atmosphere today

Newcastle Fan

Honestly, just stop. 

Having a pop at this stuff is pathetic.

See-through posturing over what a soopafan you are because you wait till the final whistle and clap along to the Blaydon Races, like you deserve a medal for it.

The sort of appearance conscious platitudes that Steven Taylor caters to every time he struggles to get back to the tunnel before anyone else.

Honestly, just stop. 

See-through posturing over what a soopafan you are because you wait till the final whistle and clap along to the Blaydon Races, like you deserve a medal for it.

The sort of appearance conscious platitudes that Steven Taylor caters to every time he struggles to get back to the tunnel before anyone else.

So you're one of the buggers?

Honestly, just stop. 

I've never left a game early.

Guest LucaAltieri

And if you want to see a shit atmosphere, hoy Football Italiano on Channel 4.

Atalanta v Inter

You can here the players shouting at each other and every thud as the ball is kicked, like a reserve game.

Strange, Atalanta are generally considered to have good (albeit mental and thugish) support.

Guest BooBoo

Honestly, just stop. 

Superfan!  O0

The thing is HF, as I mentioned above, for me seeing people leave early takes the edge off the game, brings me down to earth, which is not something I want to be feeling before I have to.

Having this opinion hardly makes me a soopafan, as you put it, but someone who doesn't quite understand the kind of fan who leaves early.

Honestly, just stop. 

Superfan!  O0

Not really, I just don't need to travel straight after the game.

Guest BooBoo

The thing is HF, as I mentioned above, for me seeing people leave early takes the edge off the game, brings me down to earth, which is not something I want to be feeling before I have to.

Having this opinion hardly makes me a soopafan, as you put it, but someone who doesn't quite understand the kind of fan who leaves early.

I just think it wouldn't harm people to stay a few extra mins to show their appreciation for a decent performance. Why is it exactly that people have to be home so early?

Just like the morons who try and drive along Strawberry Place five mins after the match has finished.

:lol:

If only people knew, I'm sure they'd gladly sit in Newcastle traffic for an hour or wait three quarters of an hour for a metro they could squeeze on, as long as it maintained your fantasy.

People can leave whenever they like tbh...  :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone has said that they're not allowed to leave early, but a few people have commented that they can't understand why they would want to leave early... simple really.

Guest andynufc84

I just think it wouldn't harm people to stay a few extra mins to show their appreciation for a decent performance. Why is it exactly that people have to be home so early?

Just like the morons who try and drive along Strawberry Place five mins after the match has finished.

This is hilarious , you never fail to see it either  :lol:

Their faces are a picture

It'd be nice if every single person stayed until the end, but they pay their money and they take their choice.

Couldn't believe the shit-stirring wanker on MOTD pointing it out like. Well, I could easily believe it, but you know what I mean. Dickhead.

If only people knew, I'm sure they'd gladly sit in Newcastle traffic for an hour or wait three quarters of an hour for a metro they could squeeze on, as long as it maintained your fantasy.

so it's only me that enjoys a full 90 minutes of football? i'm sure there's someone else out there!

Guest BooBoo

This is hilarious , you never fail to see it either  :lol:

Their faces are a picture

Its almost inevitably women or old folks after a days shopping. Horseshit for brains.

People can leave whenever they like tbh...  :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone has said that they're not allowed to leave early, but a few people have commented that they can't understand why they would want to leave early... simple really.

Just baffled as to why so many people get all upset and angry when people leave a few minutes before full time. What difference does it make to them?

Let people get on with it and support the team in their own way. What's worse, leaving early or booing on the final whistle? :dontknow: 

It'd be nice if every single person stayed until the end, but they pay their money and they take their choice.

Couldn't believe the s***-stirring w****** on MOTD pointing it out like. Well, I could easily believe it, but you know what I mean. Dickhead.

Its very true, it happens up and down the country week in week out. I can remember being at the Emirates last season when we we're drawing with minutes to go, Arsenal pressing for the win and half the stadium fucked off. Typical of the media to point it out for us!

Guest Knightrider

It wasn't that many who left early and as far as the atmosphere is concerned it was very good indeed, supportive, some good spells of prolonged chanting and a good all-round feel made SJP a good place to be yesterday, and it's been like that for a few games now and will only get better as the team does.

so it's only me that enjoys a full 90 minutes of football? i'm sure there's someone else out there!

i stay to the final whistle mate, i cant help it, i still have that feeling you get when you first start going to the match and you dont wanna miss ANYTHING, but then i dont have to travel far to get home

Half the people who bang on about staying to the final whistle and sing "We can see you sneaking out" got Robson sacked when they pissed off before the lap of honour in his last full season.  The only time I think it's imperative that everyone should hang about.

Couldn't believe the shit-stirring wanker on MOTD pointing it out like. Well, I could easily believe it, but you know what I mean. Dickhead.

That was just typical of the reporting that's going on against the club.  Happens at every ground without comment, as do the huge amount of fans going to matches dressed as empty seats but if it happens here then we get torn apart for it.

Never mind thought. highligh of the game for me (crowd-wise) was two pissed-up buggers  chanting 'There's only one Eye of Sauron' the first time that Hunt came close to us,