The atmosphere today

Newcastle Fan

I think you'll be surprised by the amount of fans that don't live locally. I've spent over 6 hours on the road today (and every other home game) travelling to and from Newcastle and I see a lot of other cars with black and white strips in them on my journey. I always leave about 5 minutes early so that I can beat the rush of traffic as I want to minimise the amount of time I'm actually in the car. I think that is fair enough really.

i also leave a minute early, whistle goes as im running down the stairs normally. basically because i want to beat the metro rush a little bit, just catch it before its too busy

double thumbs for spending 6 hrs on the road but it's still frustrating when we're picking up the three points that secures our season and a 3rd of the stadium has pissed off early to hit the road / get the metty / get to the bar / pick up their bookies winnings / go for a poo etc.

i also leave a minute early, whistle goes as im running down the stairs normally. basically because i want to beat the metro rush a little bit, just catch it before its too busy

To each their own but would it kill you to stick around for a bit after, given how well we played today? I can understand your way of doing things if we're playing badly and losing or whatever but when we play like we did today I would have stuck around for a few minutes after, maybe stayed in town for a bit and then gone home.

I would have downed at least 4 pints of ale in a city centre boozer then got bollocked off my lass for turning up at home rubbered before the sun had set. much better than missing the last 5 mins to get a half empty metty.....

I spend 6 hours travelling (350+ miles) to every game I go to; admitedly I don't get to every game due to work commitments etc. (I'm no supafan like most of you); mostly I stay until the end (when I travel by train) but if I'm driving I try to get to my car five minutes or so before the end, I don't like doing it but otherwise you can be stuck for an hour getting out of Newcastle Breweries car park!

Fuck off, Newcastle Fan. How on earth can you comment? What a load of tripe.

It wasn't a brilliant atmosphere, it wasn't constantly deafening, but it came in fits and spurts. For ten minute periods, after the goals especially, it was fantastic. The noise after Viduka's for a couple of minutes or so was deafening... i haven't been up that much but i only remember it being that loud for Taylor's vs Arsenal.

:lol: Complaining about the atmosphere, fuck me get a grip. Boils my piss that, I don't get to SJP as often as I should but fucking hell, the atmosphere was great today compared to what it has been over the last 3 years, just look at the reception Lamine fucking Diatta got for coming on in a dead game after 81 minutes.

As for the fans that left after 80ish minutes, well pity for them, but they pay their money they can leave when they want, personally I always stay to the end but people like to beat the rush for whatever reason.

So people spend hours getting to SJP & then leave early to save 30mins to hour getting out Toon or so they can get a seat on the Metro

That is brilliant.

Wait till full time, dive into Shearers watch the scores come in & few interviews & then do one.

So people spend hours getting to SJP & then leave early to save 30mins to hour getting out Toon or so they can get a seat on the Metro

That is brilliant.

Wait till full time, dive into Shearers watch the scores come in & few interviews & then do one.

Thing is, if you wait in the stadium till the end the announcer runs through the scores or they come up on the electronic board, hell even the National result did today. It's not as if it takes days to walk out or anything

The early leavers piss me right off, it takes the edge off the game seeing them all swarm out, and I hate having to keep standing up for the bastards, blocking my view while they stand waiting for their shyster mates.

I left after the final whistle and was in Fitzgeralds with a pint of Workie Ticket in hand at 5.05pm, whats up with that eh?

Guest sombrero

yea like i got anoyed when i saw them leave too, but u have to understand that its either leave early or leave an hour after planned, although with a win like this!? and how we almost scored in the last few minutes, no fan shuld miss that, all fans should be there to cheer when the final whistle blows!

pathetic at times honestly, the side is winning 3-0 and the fans didn't even bother cheering them up, looked like a friendly at one stage.

Were you there?

Bahrain, by the looks of things.

Modern football.

We won 4-0 today, and the atmosphere was flat as fuck. Too many once-a-season types and people taking pictures.

I think i preferred the 1980s when there were 15-20,000 of us, but we all really cared.

I spend 6 hours travelling (350+ miles) to every game I go to; admitedly I don't get to every game due to work commitments etc. (I'm no supafan like most of you); mostly I stay until the end (when I travel by train) but if I'm driving I try to get to my car five minutes or so before the end, I don't like doing it but otherwise you can be stuck for an hour getting out of Newcastle Breweries car park!

Not trying to take the piss here, but daft question why park your car there?

If you're coming from the South or North you could easily park at an outlying metro station and be in and out of the city centre loads quicker than trying to negotiate the traffic out and around the ground at full-time. Baffles me why folk park near the on match days ground and wonder why it takes them an absolute age to get anywhere at 5pm.

That is brilliant.

Thing is, if you wait in the stadium till the end the announcer runs through the scores or they come up on the electronic board, hell even the National result did today. It's not as if it takes days to walk out or anything

Aye, but these people want to avoid the rush or sitting in traffic jams, I dont think fans can stay in the stadium 30mins to a hour after the game.

The early leavers piss me right off, it takes the edge off the game seeing them all swarm out, and I hate having to keep standing up for the bastards, blocking my view while they stand waiting for their shyster mates.

I left after the final whistle and was in Fitzgeralds with a pint of Workie Ticket in hand at 5.05pm, whats up with that eh?

You mean you sit down?

I hate the bastards that don't stand shirtless for 90 minutes and only stop singing for breath.

Theres always a contingent of whiging cunts on here.

I'm sure everyone who went to the match today experienced a good, postive atmosphere. I did.

This.

Sure there were some quiet spells but the crowd never got on the players' backs at 0-0, we were always supportive.

We have a 400 mile round trip. The last thing I want is to miss one second of it after that journey. No way would we leave early to save a few minutes on a 3 or 4 hour drive. Daft IMO.

The atmosphere was good yesterday people singing and chanting every few seconds up in the rear Gallowgate where we were. You dont get mass organised choirs like the old days now so its never sustained anywhere. thats just the way it is with all seater stadiums nowadays where noisy fans can't congregate.

All things considered the atmosphere was positive, good humoured and supportive, lots of applause for good moves and passes. more than mass chanting.

You mean you sit down?

I hate the bastards that don't stand shirtless for 90 minutes and only stop singing for breath.

i've got a gammy leg man.  :)

Guest BooBoo

Those who left early yesterday want their arses kicking. I bet they're first in the queue when it comes to dishing out the boos and heckles.  :thdn:

Guest redmayne

Those who left early yesterday want their arses kicking. I bet they're first in the queue when it comes to dishing out the boos and heckles.  :thdn:

or if they let you drink in the ground i reckon that nae body would leave

they're just rushing back for a pint toget a round in (if theyre not then they really are cnuts)