Thierry Henry

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Keegan has mentioned his name twice now, once at a phone in, and again at the weekend. He says he knows who he wants but might be dreaming.

I think we will go for him and tell him to name his price. He seems to be unhapy at Barca!

Dreaming might be the best word to describe this.

Then again, lets wait and see.  Who knows what Ashley is prepared to throw at us for next season.

I am not sure he is the kind of personality we need to be honest.  Would rather go for more of a team player than Henry, despite how good he is.  We have virtually got rid of all tha attitude, would be a shame to bring it all back in one player.

Is he the same player he was though?

From the little I've seen this season, no he's not. He now looks like the typical pouting frenchman that we've seen before a few times.

From the little I've seen this season, no he's not. He now looks like the typical pouting frenchman that we've seen before a few times.

Have to say I agree with this, he's definitely not the same player that was with Arsenal,  I would prefer us to go for some hungry player that want's to make a name for himself.

Guest Stephen927

Depends on the transfer fee and what wages hes wanting.

Not as good as he used to be, but I reckon he could still fetch 10+ goals in the Premiership.

Guest teepee

if he is even half the player he was at arsenal he'd be a vast improvement to most premiership teams - and also ours!

not going to happen though.....

was thinking of this myself last night (in bed but not in a sexual way), i reckon we'll make him a huge offer.

as already mentioned, a front 3 of martins, owen and henry would be terrifying.

i do  think its a bit of a dream, but with keegan, dreams sometimes happen!

A player who can only be in decline. Over 30 means his best days are behind him. Only way I'd bring him was if it was at a real knockdown price as he'll have zero resale value in 3/4 seasons.

Much rather go for the Bentley.

He's a player that's got way too big for his boots. Arsenal did well to get rid of him, and it hasn't harmed them. Barca seem to have slipped back since his arrival. Not very promising.

You sense he's the sort that can turn a good side into a great one, not a moderate side into a good one, which is what we need.

Wouldn't be too fond of adding more 30 yr olds, we already have 3 currently. Despite the potential Henry would have for getting us into Europe next season, he's not the only one who could help us do that.

Moody bit doesn't worry me.. players tend to enjoy playing for Keegan, even the moody ones. Cole was often moody when he wasn't playing for us and having fun.

His intensity would also be a real positive for us I feel. You can never underestimate the impact of a player who sets such high expectations for himself and the team. At least he'll be a good presence and give a real example to the players (especially the younger ones) about the attitude you need to succeed at the highest level.

We also haven't had a real leader on the pitch since Shearer retired and Henry might revel in this role here.

His intensity would also be a real positive for us I feel. You can never underestimate the impact of a player who sets such high expectations for himself and the team. At least he'll be a good presence and give a real example to the players (especially the younger ones) about the attitude you need to succeed at the highest level.

We also haven't had a real leader on the pitch since Shearer retired and Henry might revel in this role here.

Aye, you could add all those under the 'positives' list.

He's a shit leader though.

Guest Stephen927

Interesting to think where abouts he would fit in our current line up.

I think he could play the "Owen" role quite effectively. He would also be the type of striker who could play any of the current forward 3's roles, and feel comfortable enough to interchange like the current 3 do.

Not really vocal but leads by example I guess. Much like Shearer imo.

I think his experiences at Barca might have also humbled him (being a substitute for an 18 yr old for example) and Keegan seems like a manager who knows how to control his players so the odds of him thinking he's above everyone else and being a dressing room cancer must be pretty low.

The only possible negatives would be the transfer fee, wages and how long he's signed for. But because of what he can offer on the pitch and the 'intangibles', I think he'd be a quality signing.

I think his experiences at Barca might have also humbled him (being a substitute for an 18 yr old for example) and Keegan seems like a manager who knows how to control his players so the odds of him thinking he's above everyone else and being a dressing room cancer must be pretty low.

The only possible negatives would be the transfer fee, wages and how long he's signed for. But because of what he can offer on the pitch and the 'intangibles', I think he'd be a quality signing.

Personally I thought at times his attitude while captain of Arsenal was shocking, the way he'd go in the huff, pretty much abuse some of the young players. Not what I'd want from a captain or a leader.

Personally I thought at times his attitude while captain of Arsenal was shocking, the way he'd go in the huff, pretty much abuse some of the young players. Not what I'd want from a captain or a leader.

True. But different teams, different circumstances. Because he won't be expecting us to challenge for the title, I don't think he'd be wound up as tight as he was at Arsenal, and therefore resort to that form of leadership. He seems to have realized that he's no longer the best, and I've seen plenty of times this season where he's been really unselfish.

He'd give us a real edge that none of our players (except maybe Barton and Zoggy) seem to possess, raise the standards around the place and will be the difference when we play teams of similar quality (Spurs, Everton, Villa and City). He'll also be perfect for the way KK wants the team to play, and I think he could teach Zoggy and Martins, two of our players who have loads of potential, quite a bit.