If we get rid of Roeder...

Guest hindu times

Seriously, people defending Roeder - you despair at times. Its no wonder FS gets away with everything he has done in the past few years..

I was staunchly against the appointment of Roeder, because Fat Freaky Shitbird promised us a "world class" manager and I want him to live up to his promise. Also Roeder had not had the relevant coaching license. He had plenty of time to do it but he didn't, even after he recovered.

However after he was appointed, I had to lend my support to him. After all, he is a Newcastle United manager and I can't fault him for wanting the job.

I blame Fat Freaky Shitbird for all the shambles.

There's a worrying sign of the same pattern as emerged under Dalglish, Gullit and Souness repeating itself.

Managing this club isn't an easy job. The expectations are high, but there's no recent record of success to breed any real confidence. When things start to go wrong, the pressure increases enormously and that gets to the players.

Given that situation, the Chairman needs to make every effort to find the best possible manager available, and to back his manager's judgement without interference. I don't think that's been happening.

I'm increasingly thinking the club is run along the same lines as the FA in Mike Bassett:  England Manager

Fred to Roeder outside his office "If you need anything Glenn, anything at all, just pop it down on a piece of paper and slip it under my door".

Roeder "But I did that in August like you told me....and you never did anything....did you not get my note about the defenders we needed?"

Fred looking shifty "Errrrrr, no Glenn, I'm a very busy man you know, lots to do, calls to make....".

Roeder "Hang on a minute, look here under your mat, there's notes here from all sorts.  There's one from Kenny Dalglish asking for a new striker!  And there's one from Gullit calling Shearer a bastard!  And look there's one here from Sir Bobby - actually this seems to be a grocery list?....."

Fred forcing the door shut "Cheers well all the best Glenn, keep me posted won't you?"

There's a worrying sign of the same pattern as emerged under Dalglish, Gullit and Souness repeating itself.

Managing this club isn't an easy job. The expectations are high, but there's no recent record of success to breed any real confidence. When things start to go wrong, the pressure increases enormously and that gets to the players.

Given that situation, the Chairman needs to make every effort to find the best possible manager available, and to back his manager's judgement without interference. I don't think that's been happening.

I'm increasingly thinking the club is run along the same lines as the FA in Mike Bassett: England Manager

Fred to Roeder outside his office "If you need anything Glenn, anything at all, just pop it down on a piece of paper and slip it under my door".

Roeder "But I did that in August like you told me....and you never did anything....did you not get my note about the defenders we needed?"

Fred looking shifty "Errrrrr, no Glenn, I'm a very busy man you know, lots to do, calls to make....".

Roeder "Hang on a minute, look here under your mat, there's notes here from all sorts. There's one from Kenny Dalglish asking for a new striker! And there's one from Gullit calling Shearer a bastard! And look there's one here from Sir Bobby - actually this seems to be a grocery list?....."

Fred forcing the door shut "Cheers well all the best Glenn, keep me posted won't you?"

:lol:

I can't believe that there are people out there who are still behind Roeder. At this point last season, we were already calling for Shouness's head! And the fact is we are doing worse then last season!!!

We are playing today shit football at the moment making the same old mistakes week in and week out. Note the bold font because if Roeder were a good/able manager he would have retified it. Now you must be saying, who the f* am I to say big things like that? Well, the truth is, I am no one but I would expect any decent quality manager to be able to fix the problem and not make the same mistakes every week. That is why managers exist - to fix problems. And if Roeder isn't able to fix the problem why is he still here?

Quote Roeder: "The manner of the defeat concerns me greatly and was typical. It was unacceptable defending and it has to stop and stop quickly."

From nufc.com

Has he no shame saying that after every game? It only means that he is inapt.

I believe a good manager is what separeates the studs from the duds. A manager is the the brain of the team! In fact, a good manager is even more important then a good player. I'd swap Owen or Given or whoever you think is our best player for a quality manager like Wenger anyday.

Look at how far Liverpool and Arsenal have come with "able" managers. *Sighs...

And I think the only reason Glenn got the job was because he is a low maintaence manager - someone Fat Fred can easily control.

Roeder is indebted to Freddy. I don't think Roeder would ever dare go against the man who "made" him do you?

Guest Gemmill

And I think the only reason Glenn got the job was because he is a low maintaence manager - someone Fat Fred can easily control.

Roeder is indebted to Freddy. I don't think Roeder would ever dare go against the man who "made" him do you?

Shepherd didn't make Roeder and Roeder owes him no debt.  Roeder bailed Shepherd out last season and Shepherd rewarded him for it.  That's the way it works at NUFC.

Shepherd didn't make Roeder and Roeder owes him no debt. Roeder bailed Shepherd out last season and Shepherd rewarded him for it. That's the way it works at NUFC.

Err.... with his managerial record I think it would be safe to say that no team in the top division across Europe would ever hand him the manger post.

So I think Roeder owes Freddy one for giving him another shot at the top.

I'm sorry... we can't go and sack another manager after a run of bad results. As already proved, we'll go round and round in circles.

No, we won't if we get the right man this time round. It HAS TO BE DONE.

Guest Brazilianbob

Has no one considered that our sucess under Roeder last season was due in no small part to the fact that Shearer was effectively the assistant manager, and Roeder simply allowed Shearer to motivate the side.  I am of the view that Roeder was simply the figurehead last season and that Shearer was the one kicking backsides.  Now that he has gone we are left with an academy director who scares the kids but cuts no ice with the pro's.

Guest Gemmill

Shepherd didn't make Roeder and Roeder owes him no debt. Roeder bailed Shepherd out last season and Shepherd rewarded him for it. That's the way it works at NUFC.

Err.... with his managerial record I think it would be safe to say that no team in the top division across Europe would ever hand him the manger post.

So I think Roeder owes Freddy one for giving him another shot at the top.

Can you understand how Roeder wouldn't see it that way though?  Having guided us from 15th to 7th, he'll feel he got the job on merit, which means he'll feel he owes Shepherd nothing.  If Roeder is a yes-man to Shepherd, it's not because he feels indebted to him, it's because that's his nature.

Yes, I agree that Roeder may have thought that he did a good job and the post I made was from my side of the window.

However, the fact that not many fans wanted him as manager and that Fat Fred could have easily gotten someone else means that Roeder must have surely felt some form of gratitude towards Freddy.

There is one person responsible for all of this and it is not Roeder. The person responsible is fat and ginger. If the fat clueless idiot wasn't so daft we might have won a trophy by now. If the fat clueless idiot wasn't so daft we wouldn't have needed a new manager to take over last season.

Guest Gemmill

The person responsible is fat and ginger.

Before some unfunny twat asks, no, he's not talking about me.  I am strawberry blonde and podgy at worst.

Guest redmayne

I don't want to get rid of Roeder.

Give him a full season.

give him a full season?  dear me do we really need to fall into the abyss to see what lies at the bottom

Newcastle are shit from top to bottom we need a manager that can get more out of players than they can produce

all our lot look as bad if not worse under roeder than souness - at least the injury list was there last season

now we have a spanish international applauded by liverpool fans and a new 10M striker -

3 home losses from 4 - 7 points from 8 games

fuck me you sprout get with whats happening

Guest Ridzuan

I cant think of any great manager currently out of job.After sacking Bond,I dont think we can afford to sack Glenn as well unless we find an immediate replacement.If Freddy decided to sack him and let Terry become the first team manager,we would probably have a similar case like Glenn when he was appointed after Souness was sack and I dont want to see that happening again.But really the whole process of sacking and hiring new manager has become quite a habit for Freddy and this is not good for the future of the club.

Or nobody else wanted the job knowing  that if he got off to a bad start the crowd would want him sacked.

Have you ever thought that could be the reason we ended up with the likes of Sounees and Roeder as our manager

Or nobody else wanted the job knowing  that if he got off to a bad start the crowd would want him sacked.

Have you ever thought that could be the reason we ended up with the likes of Sounees and Roeder as our manager

It's the supporters fault. It's always the supporters fault. blueyes.gif

Guest Gemmill

Where's the SA in samag?  If you're posting from abroad telling the fans that attend the matches that they're to blame for recent managerial appointments, then as far as I'm concerned you can fuck RIGHT off.

Where's the SA in samag?  If you're posting from abroad telling the fans that attend the matches that they're to blame for recent managerial appointments, then as far as I'm concerned you can **** RIGHT off.

Fight ! Fight ! Fight !    Gemmill versus the rest of the world !  Where's that bloke from Canada gone?

Guest Darth Toon

Couple of interesting snippets in today's Chronicle:

-Chris Waddle linked with the assistant manager's job...

-Apparently Bolton have no fewer than 27 people in their backroom team - compare that with Roeder, Clarky and Terry Mac  :lol:

Couple of interesting snippets in today's Chronicle:

-Chris Waddle linked with the assistant manager's job...

-Apparently Bolton have no fewer than 27 people in their backroom team - compare that with Roeder, Clarky and Terry Mac  :lol:

Waddle is a mackem! I'm not sure what kind of reception he'd get either. He is totally unproven in the Premiership and was terrible at Burnley.