Bad news...?

Dave

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1284471,00.html

Toon Trio Have Key Role To Play - KK

By Craig Hope

WHILE Kevin Keegan has made just one change to his Newcastle United starting line-up during the last four matches, the Toon boss insists that those players out the team still have a major part to play in his rebuilding programme.

The likes of Damien Duff, Alan Smith and Charles N'Zogbia have found themselves warming the substitutes bench in recent weeks with the Magpies having climbed 12 points clear of the relegation zone after a four-game unbeaten run.

But KK insists that the aforementioned trio are vital to his Gallowgate plans.

"We've not only got a good team of players at the minute, we've also got a good squad around it," he said.

"What you have to have in your squad is the ability to change things at all times.

"We've got that with someone like Damien Duff - he's on fire at the moment.

"I thought he might get a goal against Reading and he was unlucky not to.

"He's champing at the bit to get back in the team, and then it'll be James Milner in the next ten days or so wanting to get back in as well.

"The same applies to Alan Smith - you couldn't have anyone better to bring on. I know he would prefer to play from the start but, wow, he covers you in so many positions and he's got a great attitude.

"Charles picked up a knee injury playing for the French Under-21 team a couple of weeks ago and he has had a week's training with the physio and he should be all right now."

United have looked like a different side over the past few weeks with Keegan's men having created their own brand of stylish, attacking football since the switch a less conventional 4-3-3 system.

But the Magpie manager insists that the removal of wingers from his formation is not a reflection of their performance, adding: "We'd played with two wingers and not scored goals.

"I'm not blaming the wingers for that, I'm blaming the whole team performance. We had Milner on the right and Duff on the left, which is quite attacking, and two up front, but we weren't scoring goals.

"So we had to say 'OK we've tried that. It hasn't worked for whatever reason'. It might work if we went back to it now because the confidence is there, but we had to change.

"It was five, six games - it wasn't like I was throwing players in and not giving them a chance.

"You'll see now when Duff, Milner and Smith come back in - and they will - they'll be coming back into a side which has some confidence. That can make a major difference to how they play as well."

The bits in bold worry me. :lol:

They'll be back in as soon as we are mathematically safe, in order to boost their transfer values for the summer.

The money brought in will purchase us Henry, Ronaldinho and Deco.

Very key roles indeed.

They'll be back in as soon as we are mathematically safe, in order to boost their transfer values for the summer.

The money brought in will purchase us Henry, Ronaldinho and Deco.

Very key roles indeed.

:laugh:

Duff looked good when he came on against Reading

It could be that form improves when you slot into a team that is cohesive and playing with confidence.

That is what KK is encouraging by praising the other players in the squad.

But as we all know from the press and the more learned commentators KK knows nothing about the game so we should not expect too much from his obviously futile efforts.

It'll not be lost on KK that our fantastic form has come about ever since we got hackers like this out of the team and talented players like Viduka in.

None will be first choice here next year, if they're here at all.

This would be a great time to sell Smith and Duff especially as their value will still be reasonably high.

You just know Keane would be desperate to sign the two of them alone.

Milner might still be worth persevering with if he could be developed as a central midfield player but with the money we now have, why bother? We could get a better CM for as little as £5 million probably! Giles Barnes for example. I never rated Milneras and it has been damning to see Geremi outplay him so much despite his lack of mobility.

Alan Smith is a decent player to bring on, whether you guys like it or not.

He's a good player to bring on when the game is already won. That's it!

Would he be happy to play that role for us though? Considering he left Man U for that exact reason?

Alan Smith is not a decent player to bring on. He's not a decent player to start, have on the bench, in you squad, in your club, near your training ground... he's bought on mercifully with ten minutes left when we are winning comfortably to justify his incomprehensible hype, transfer fee and wages. He's piss poor, has been all season, no rational NUFC fan could claim anything otherwise having watched him this campaign. Sell, sell, sell. Useless.

Don't really care about Duff - would like to see him in this new team to see if he does OK, but hasn't really done much at all.

Think Milner in Geremi's role could be canny.

Guest Jawesome

In what way is Smith a good player to bring on? To do what, apart from probably get booked?

Not having a go, just curious. I don't see what he offers.

He'll harass the (already tired) opposition and keep the tempo of the game up.

In what way is Smith a good player to bring on? To do what, apart from probably get booked?

Could a much less highly-paid youngster not do that?

I'd rather see Carroll get the odd run out than Smith. Or Duff for that matter who has been just as bad (or near enough).

What a damning account of the man's ability.

Nothing you have said actually involves a football.

And here I was thinking he was a football player.

if we remember, when keegan made owen captain, everyone was having a go because of his irrational love of owen. now how many goals has he scored us under keegan? we have a manager who i actually believe now, other than the previous guff.

So many players to get rid of.

I know he wants for big players, but he needs to replace so many and add the numbers up.

Replacements for Shola, Cacapa, Rozy, Carr, another LB, Butt, Duff, Smith are all needed imo.

Then we need four big players on top of that.

(Butt btw we need a young lad who mirrors his play that can bed in for possibly a years time when Butts contract runs out)

So many players to get rid of.

I know he wants for big players, but he needs to replace so many and add the numbers up.

Replacements for Shola, Cacapa, Rozy, Carr, another LB, Butt, Duff, Smith are all needed imo.

Then we need four big players on top of that.

(Butt btw we need a young lad who mirrors his play that can bed in for possibly a years time when Butts contract runs out)

I think he'll add about 4 or 5 and keep the rest as squad players. That would be an improvement and would keep a bit of stability. I don't think we need another summer with loads going out and loads coming in really.