Senderos Vs Taylor

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's only one way to find out!  O0

I'm asking this as a lot of people seem to have a problem with Taylor, some are founded, others are just plain twattish; and i remember it was put to me once Taylor wouldn't get the chance of playing in a winning team if he came through one of the big fours academy. (i know Senderos didn't)

Well imo (which in no uncertain doubt will be verbally abused for) Taylor would be playing for Arsenal right now, the games Senderos plays (25-30 already this season), and i'd think he'd be doing a much better job at it too.

On the other side, if i had Senderos at NUFC, there is no way he'd start over Taylor, even if Taylor was a bought player.

Just a thought, is Taylor really as bad as him?

???

PS: They are basically the same age, and Senderos has played around the same amount of league games (in a winning top 4 team) nevermind his CL games and NT caps.

Not a big fan of Senderos but he's better than Taylor. Next.

Utter utter bollocks.

I thought the same about the OP but I was more polite. All about opinions though isn't it?

both are pretty poor but taylor is better than senderos who is no better than Dawson. not sure why Wenger perseveres with him.

stupid decision to put Toure at RB and play Senderos in the middle last night, especially when he had Eboue on the wing and Walcott on the bench.

Utter utter bollocks.

I thought the same about the OP but I was more polite. All about opinions though isn't it?

Why is he better?

He's had the much better education, stability, support and worldclass manager, yet he's much more of a liability than Taylor.

What is he better at?

Think Taylor's better, personally. Playing in a far inferior team, alongside far inferior (and often vastly less experienced) defenders and he has to do/had to do an awful lot more defending.

Senderos stands out like a sore thumb for Arsenal at times, and did again last night, I genuinely believe Taylor wouldn't look so poor there.

Senderos has the aerial ability and the physique, but he's been found out time and time again, playing in a very good Arsenal side with world class defenders all around him.

both are pretty poor but taylor is better than senderos who is no better than Dawson. not sure why Wenger perseveres with him.

stupid decision to put Toure at RB and play Senderos in the middle last night, especially when he had Eboue on the wing and Walcott on the bench.

I certainly agree with the last bit, I couldn't understand that either and said the same last night. It cost them too. I'm surprised Wenger didn't do something about it during the match after making the initial mistake re: the selection.

Much of a muchness imo. Both have a lot of potential, but continue to make mistakes too frequently without showing any real signs of stopping. Hard to say who's better.

Taylors average with the potential to get better. Senderos is piss poor almost Bramble esq at times. Wenger likes to have one poor centre half in his squad, before him it was Cygan.

I'd have Taylor in our XI over Senderos every day of the week. Senderos is wank, or shaking hands with the guvnor of love or feeding the ducks etc. etc.

This.

Utter utter bollocks.

Why is he better?

He's had the much better education, stability, support and worldclass manager, yet he's much more of a liability than Taylor.

What is he better at?

I think they're both shit but, since you insist Taylor isn't even big or strong, unlike Senderos. I don't understand why you're constantly moaning about people having a pop at Taylor though, only to start threads like this and chuck the toys out the pram when people don't agree with you.

What's with your crusade btw trying to get people to think Taylor is any good, much like you do? It's a serious question btw.

I disagree about people over loads of things, but don't try and take it on myself to try and force my viewpoint across onto others.

We're all entitled to our opinions on things at the end of the day.

Taylors average with the potential to get better. Senderos is piss poor almost Bramble esq at times. Wenger likes to have one poor centre half in his squad, before him it was Cygan.

Bramble was and is better than Taylor too fwiw. It's comparing shite with shite again though.

Utter utter bollocks.

Why is he better?

What is he better at?

I think they're both shit but, since you insist Taylor isn't even big or strong, unlike Senderos. I don't understand why you're constantly moaning about people having a pop at Taylor though, only to start threads like this and chuck the toys out the pram when people don't agree with you.

1st time i've done it and for a valid reason and it seems to be you throwing the toys out.

Funny how he's stronger yet looks soft as shite.

No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I'd love Taylor to prove me wrong btw, but I just can't see it happening.

If we're going to cash in, now would be the time to do so. I know the contract wrangle etc, but he still does seem to have a reputation as as promising young defender in some circles.

I just don't like how it's always the players around him who are to blame for him not progressing. Not actually his own fault.

Utter utter bollocks.

Why is he better?

What is he better at?

1st time i've done it for a valid reason and it seems to be you throwing the toys out.

Taylor or Senderos?  ???

What's with your crusade btw trying to get people to think Taylor is any good, much like you do? It's a serious question btw.

I disagree about people over loads of things, but don't try and take it on myself to try and force my viewpoint across onto others.

I'm not forcing anything, why can't I ask such a question without being leaped on for it?

Seems like a lot of people agreeing with me and some open to a debate instead of simple attacks.

I don't mind people having a negative view on Taylor, but sometimes its well over board, and those reasons i listed in the OP for me would make Taylor a better defender, a one much better than Senderos who's enjoyed the very best.

Utter utter bollocks.

Why is he better?

What is he better at?

1st time i've done it for a valid reason and it seems to be you throwing the toys out.

Sorry was "Utter, utter bollocks" you being reasonable about my response then? :lol:

Guest Sniffer

Put Taylor in Arsenal's team and he'll look a hell of a lot better than he does in our back four. Let's face it, Faye has enough on his plate trying to keep his own game together as both of them are caught out a lot. I doubt if it would happen as much if Taylor was playing next to Gallas.

Probably goes for our other young players like Milner and N'zogbia up front where they'd probably vastly improve.

I'm not forcing anything, why can't I ask such a question without being leaped on for it?

Seems like a lot of people agreeing with me and some open to a debate instead of simple attacks.

I don't mind people having a negative view on Taylor, but sometimes its well over board, and those reasons i listed in the OP for me would make Taylor a better defender, a one much better than Senderos who's enjoyed the very best.

You just seem to go over board though with regards to your opinion on him and the viewpoint of others.

Are you on his payroll or something? (Joke before you have a pop)

I'd love Taylor to prove me wrong btw, but I just can't see it happening.

If we're going to cash in, now would be the time to do so. I know the contract wrangle etc, but he still does seem to have a reputation as as promising young defender in some circles.

I just don't like how it's always the players around him who are to blame for him not progressing. Not actually his own fault.

Aye, my post got cut short cos the oven started bleeping, but Taylor himself does have to take a lot of responsibility. Circumstances haven't been easy for him here since he made his debut, but he hasn't done himself any favours at times. He needs to grow up and fast, I'd say, because he does have all the required attributes to be a good Premiership centre half.

Maybe he does need to move to sort himself out and realise his potential. Like you've said, his stock is still high at the moment after the U21's in the summer.