Senderos Vs Taylor

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arsenal: Gallas, Toure

A.Villa: Mellberg, Laursen

B.Ham: Taylor, Ridgewell

B.Burn: Samba, Nelsen

Bolton: O'Brien, Cahill

Chelsea: Carvalho, Terry

Derby: Stubbs, Todd

Everton: Yobo Lescott

Fulham: Bocanegra Hughes

Liverpool: Agger, Carragher

Man City: Dunne, Richards,

Man Utd: Ferdinand, Vidic

Boro: Wheater, Huth

Portsmouth: Campbell, Distin

Reading: Sonko, Bikey

Sunderland: Nosworthy, Evans

Tottenham: King, Woodgate

W.Ham: Ferdinand, Upson

Wigan: Scharner, Bramble

So how many of these centre back partnerships is Taylor good enough to get into?

About the same amount as Faye.

Someone else using other people to try and make out Taylor is better than he is.

Perhaps you could tell us what Taylor's attributes are that make him a good player.

So how many of these centre back partnerships is Taylor good enough to get into?

Someone else using other people to try and make out Taylor is better than he is.

Perhaps you could tell us what Taylor's attributes are that make him a good player.

I am not saying he is better than he is, he is on a par with Faye (& the two fullbacks imo). Neither is miles better than other but they are both light years ahead of what is behind them.

My eyes :thup:

Our back four looks good for the first time in a while, it is not made of world beaters like maybe some would have you belive but the four starters ALL have determination to win, not give up & a bit of ability.  Of couse overall the LOT of them have been s**** over  the season as a whole as the goals against coloum is a disgrace to any defence.

I am not saying he is better than he is, he is on a par with Faye (& the two fullbacks imo). Neither is miles better than other but they are both light years ahead of what is behind them.

My eyes :thup:

Our back four looks good for the first time in a while, it is not made of world beaters like maybe some would have you belive but the four starters ALL have determination to win, not give up & a bit of ability.  Of couse overall the LOT of them have been s**** over  the season as a whole as the goals against coloum is a disgrace to any defence.

I think now we actually have some decent attacking outlets has really helped ease he pressure off the back four, which has helped matters no end.

[/Captain Obvious]

The centre backs have benefited more than most with the predominately 3 central midfielders in front of them, of course Geremi & Barton will help out the full backs who at times look at bit exposed.

[/Vice-Captain Obvious]

think its slightly odd the way people jump onto bandwagons, most of them are probably unconvinced of their own point of view so hide behind the majority.

A few years ago the vast majority of people said Ameobi was the new Shearer, needed games to improve, the new "flying centre forward". Some even said it justified the sale of Bellamy because we had plenty of other good forwards [words to that effect].

The truth is that he was always crap - for the standards we wanted - and never had a cat in hells chance of filling either Shearer's or Bellamy's boots.

Taylor is now attracting the same but with the opposite view.

The last post by sicsfingeredmong is closer to the truth. The fact is he was a prospect with a lot of potential, and appears to have stalled during a season which has been difficult for everybody, as well as the last one too, and the one before. Why single out Taylor ?

If his attitude and desire remain, he can still achieve his potential, the same player is still there at 21/22 years old. Playing alongside better players will be the making of him if this is the case.

But i dont see the raw attributes to see him flourish, thats my issue. A few years ago, he hd age and inexperience on his side, and even though he's still young he hast really developed anything prticulary good about his defending.

When i look at him as a defender, i dont see great anticipation, i dont see great strength, i dont see great positional sense he has a decent bit of pace but by no means is he lighniting.

These are all attibutes that are vital as a defender, i still have hope that he could come good, id like to see him play the Terry role, because idont think he;s iuntelligent to play the Ferdinand role.

He's made a lot of mistakes in his career, just like Roz have and Cacapa has and Bramble and Boum did, but none of themgot the preferential treatment that Taylors gets.

Like i say, i hope he'll come good, but i dont think he will, if we conceded less as a team, it will be more down our team playing more attacking then idown to our centre halves over performing. Just like it was when we last break the top 4.

For me, Taylor is no better tha A O'Brien.

It depends what you mean by "raw attributes". Do you mean a footballing defender ? I don't look for that specifically, I look for someone with strength and the determination to hold a defence together and will stand up when the chips are down. If he's a "footballer" - like Roy McFarland - then so much the better, but players of quality like that are very rare. He's not a Roy McFarland or even a Rio Ferdinand, he;s more of a Vidic type, a Carragher type, a Colin Hendry type. Thats what he is. He needs to play alongside better players now though, either with us or someone else if something goes wrong.

To say he is no better than Andy O'Brien is a joke mate, sorry, but it is.

I mean attributs which help assist his defending, such as anticipation, and pace, and strength etc. I dont think he has these thing in great abundance, or has learned any of these despite playing 130 odd games.  Which if you ask me he should of.

See id agree with you about the type of defender he should be, he's not intelligent to play the Ferdinand role so in my opinion should play the battering ram role which is currently being occupied by Faye.

See im in split minds as to whther he could be a very good defender, but as it stands, Taylor may have more talentthan A o'Brien, AOB got far more out ofhis limited talent than Tayl has so far.

How can you call Roz and Cacapa shit? When Taylor hasnt done any better?? Seems a bit contradictory to me.

How can you call Roz and Cacapa s***? When Taylor hasnt done any better?? Seems a bit contradictory to me.

The current manager  loaned Roz out of a squad he says is short on numbers, I think that tells its own story about his ability & attitude, he dropped Cacapa. So Taylor being at Newcastle & getting picked is what I would go off at this moment.

think its slightly odd the way people jump onto bandwagons, most of them are probably unconvinced of their own point of view so hide behind the majority.

A few years ago the vast majority of people said Ameobi was the new Shearer, needed games to improve, the new "flying centre forward". Some even said it justified the sale of Bellamy because we had plenty of other good forwards [words to that effect].

The truth is that he was always crap - for the standards we wanted - and never had a cat in hells chance of filling either Shearer's or Bellamy's boots.

The last post by sicsfingeredmong is closer to the truth. The fact is he was a prospect with a lot of potential, and appears to have stalled during a season which has been difficult for everybody, as well as the last one too, and the one before. Why single out Taylor ?

If his attitude and desire remain, he can still achieve his potential, the same player is still there at 21/22 years old. Playing alongside better players will be the making of him if this is the case.

You keep saying that often enough but I still don't think anyone believes you. Shola's probably the only on who said it.

oh I don't think so Alex. I remember it clearly, and I suspect that you do too.

No I don't. The best thing 'the vast majority' has ever said about Shola is that he looked alright when we got to 7th under Roeder. By all means dig up the dozens of quotes you must remember saying he was 'the new Shearer' though. I suspect you'll say you can't be bothered ;)

Admire Taylor's commitment on the pitch, hasn't got a bad turn of pace either. Always looks lost when the ball goes wide though imo. Not very good at marking. Not a leader (may become one but i doubt it), would do ok next to a better player, obviously. Worth keeping because he cost nowt and he'll always try his best. Might come good in time.

The thing about Faye is he is at least a big strong physical bastard, so he could handle the tougher centre forwards. Taylor quite often gets out-muscled, is average in the air, and his anticipation is shite as was witnessed during his 360 degree turn when Ronaldo ran right past him in a straight line.

He can do a job in the same way Aaron Hughes used to, that's about it.

How can you call Roz and Cacapa s***? When Taylor hasnt done any better?? Seems a bit contradictory to me.

The current manager  loaned Roz out of a squad he says is short on numbers, I think that tells its own story about his ability & attitude, he dropped Cacapa. So Taylor being at Newcastle & getting picked is what I would go off at this moment.

So back to the thread question then....Senderos vs Taylor?

You keep saying that often enough but I still don't think anyone believes you. Shola's probably the only on who said it.

No I don't. The best thing 'the vast majority' has ever said about Shola is that he looked alright when we got to 7th under Roeder. By all means dig up the dozens of quotes you must remember saying he was 'the new Shearer' though. I suspect you'll say you can't be bothered ;)

I went through and edited every single post to make sure that you won't be able to find those quotes. EVERYONE apart from Leazes said that Ameobi was the world's greatest ever player though.

*insert pathetic hilarious laughing smiley here*

thats right, I can't be bothered, it may also be on the old server. I also know that what I say is true, although I realise you may not like it even though I don't know why not as I don't think you did.

In fact Alex, the only person who appears to have the time and the sad inclination to rake through hundreds of old posts by people is your little mate Baggy.

thats right, I can't be bothered, it may also be on the old server. I also know that what I say is true, although I realise you may not like it even though I don't know why not as I don't think you did.

As anyone ever suggested Taylor would be England captain one day? ;)

I went through and edited every single post to make sure that you won't be able to find those quotes. EVERYONE apart from Leazes said that Ameobi was the world's greatest ever player though.

and Lampard is the bestest midfield player the world has ever seen.

Don't understand your grudge gol, but what the hell eh I'm sure Alex can make his own case if he's that bothered.

Someone should have told you by now to stick to the topic in hand, which is Taylor. My opinion is that people overvalue or undervalue homegrown lads. Ameobi got loads of underserved support, and Taylor is getting loads of undeserved grief.

yes, I said when he was about 18 he was a possible/potential England captain. This depends on other potential captains, but he's made captain of the under 21 team. Not a bad call. Plenty of time to win a full cap. It's quite sad that people - ie sad people - are making such a big deal about it. I could have predicted it would have been baggy though. He seems to have quite a little grudge, dear little Matthew.

yes, I said when he was about 18 he was a possible/potential England captain. This depends on other potential captains, but he's made captain of the under 21 team. Not a bad call. Plenty of time to win a full cap. It's quite sad that people - ie sad people - are making such a big deal about it. I could have predicted it would have been baggy though. He seems to have quite a little grudge, dear little Matthew.

:-*

:-*

bluelaugh.gif

Don't understand your grudge gol, but what the hell eh I'm sure Alex can make his own case if he's that bothered.

Someone should have told you by now to stick to the topic in hand, which is Taylor. My opinion is that people overvalue or undervalue homegrown lads. Ameobi got loads of underserved support, and Taylor is getting loads of undeserved grief.

Ameobi has got more stick on Newcastle forums than any other Newcastle player. I'm amazed that you claim otherwise.

Taylor is an average defender, and it's going to take one hell of a coach to change that.

As you've been asked many times, what attributes does Taylor possess which make you think he's going to be a future England captain?

Oh, and Lampard is one of the best midfielders in the world ;)

Ameobi has got more stick on Newcastle forums than any other Newcastle player. I'm amazed that you claim otherwise.

Taylor is an average defender, and it's going to take one hell of a coach to change that.

As you've been asked many times, what attributes does Taylor possess which make you think he's going to be a future England captain?

Oh, and Lampard is one of the best midfielders in the world ;)

Well, I could ask you what attributes Lampard has that makes him one of the best midfielders in the world, because I just think he's a one paced fat arse with a good shot.

Ameobi got a lot of support from here and other message boards, and in the press, which he didn't ever earn.

I've said what I think of Taylor, he's a stopper not a footballing centre half. Sure he needs to improve his positioning for instance, but playing alongside a top player in a better side will bring him on a lot.

Well, I could ask you what attributes Lampard has that makes him one of the best midfielders in the world, because I just think he's a one paced fat arse with a good shot.

Ameobi got a lot of support from here and other message boards, and in the press, which he didn't ever earn.

I've said what I think of Taylor, he's a stopper not a footballing centre half. Sure he needs to improve his positioning for instance, but playing alongside a top player in a better side will bring him on a lot.

You still not going to answer then?

So back to the thread question then....Senderos vs Taylor?

As I belive Senderos woud not improve our defence I would stick with Taylor.