Replacing Nicky Butt/acquiring someone better for the role he now plays

Guest Knightrider

Guest sondre

why dont go for veloso? or maybe splash some on Diaby? looked like the new vieira that time he played there against juventus in the CL.

putting geremi as DM is the stupidest thing i have heard so far. so slow, not enough enthusiasm, and hes not good enough on the ball either. should be his last season, maybe one more as backup only.

why dont go for veloso? or maybe splash some on Diaby? looked like the new vieira that time he played there against juventus in the CL.

putting geremi as DM is the stupidest thing i have heard so far. so slow, not enough enthusiasm, and hes not good enough on the ball either. should be his last season, maybe one more as backup only.

Why would Arsenal sell one of their most promising youngsters?

Veloso didn't look that good against Rangers. Don't think he would fit into the premiership tbh. More a Spanish league player.

Butt has been tremendous in his current position/role and can be for next season.I agree we should be grooming someone to replace him,but with a season to go I'm sure KK has pinpointed this.

this is the same Nicky Butt everyone agreed was not up to it 3 weeks ago

he's been good, really good at times, but not tremendous and we need someone better in there for next season. Not an immobile/limited 33 year old who has good games and bad games

Guest battyleespeed

going to cost a lot of money to find a replacement, if there is even one available

lack of mobility can be compensated, to some extend, by predicting play and butt is excellent in that

my only problem with him is how much he has bolded in recent years  :yikes:

Guest battyleespeed

he should shave all off a la gravesen... would look more like a midfield dominator than a middle aged lad from the local pub

Veloso didn't look that good against Rangers. Don't think he would fit into the premiership tbh. More a Spanish league player.

thought he looked class in the first leg. don't agree that he isn't suited to english football, he's a big, strong lad, only 21 yet nowt fazes him, plays with a lot of maturity. i'm sure he'd adapt.

Nicky Butt has had a very average season.

There was a point where i would have put him in the same catagory as Smith for being our worst player. I went to a spate of games where he gave the ball away consistantly. He was terrible.

However, since KK's arrival he's been brilliant. Always in the right place at the right time, making tackles and distributing the play with some success. This is no doubt down to the players infront of him and the system. Having two centre midfielders alongside him must be a great help. My question is what would we be like with a talented individual who could pass long and short range, make tackles and have a great engine?

This position has to be one of the priorities and one i'm convinced KK will get right. Butt, hopefully, will move into the background.

There was a point where i would have put him in the same catagory as Smith for being our worst player. I went to a spate of games where he gave the ball away consistantly. He was terrible.

However, since KK's arrival he's been brilliant. Always in the right place at the right time, making tackles and distributing the play with some success. This is no doubt down to the players infront of him and the system. Having two centre midfielders alongside him must be a great help. My question is what would we be like with a talented individual who could pass long and short range, make tackles and have a great engine?

This position has to be one of the priorities and one i'm convinced KK will get right. Butt, hopefully, will move into the wings.

Personally I have my doubts over Butt's ability as a winger.

O0

This position has to be one of the priorities and one i'm convinced KK will get right. Butt, hopefully, will move into the wings.

Personally I have my doubts over Butt's ability as a winger.

O0

Clearly changed my original post.