Roy Keane - hard man ?

Benwell Lad

If Keane had of attacked Shearer, which I don't think he would have myself, despite his theatrics, after all it would have been quite easy for him to shrug off Beckham and Neville to get to Shearer who was standing there all alone, waiting, I think Shearer would have taken it on the chin. Keane is a coward and mainly all mouth though, all bark no bite.

The game against Madrid when he came up against a true great midfielder in Redondo was a typical example of Keane's bark being worse than his bite. IIRC Redondo took the ball past Keane with ease as he did many times that game, was tagged by Keane, and as usual went down for the free kick which he got. Keane started mouthing off at Redondo from a distance, to which Redondo got up, chased Keane down, and squared up to him, putting his face right in Keane's in a "yeah? and what mofo" way. Keane's only reaction was to laugh nervously and walk away, because although he doesnt look a mean fucker, Redondo was bigger than him and well built.

IMO Keane is a psycho who can lose his rag easily, and that will scare plenty of people who dont want to fight, but he's no hard man. If Duncan Ferguson had injured him all those years ago, you can be sure that revenge would never have been within a 100 miles of entering Keane's thoughts.

Remember when Keane had a go at Viera in the tunnel, because Viera tried to intimidate Gary Neville?

Viera was bricking it. :lol:

That was class. :lol:

Exactly. Will always have time for Keane thanks to moment. Vieira is one of the biggest hypocrites in the game.

Remember when Keane had a go at Viera in the tunnel, because Viera tried to intimidate Gary Neville?

Exactly. Will always have time for Keane thanks to moment. Vieira is one of the biggest hypocrites in the game.

Almost as big a hypocrite as Keane ;)

Maybe, but that quote "If you love Senegal so much why don't you play for them?" is so great :D

Maybe, but that quote "If you love Senegal so much why don't you play for them?" is so great :D

If he loved Ireland so much.........................

Wouldn't of stood up to Ferguson or Gattuso like...

In what way is Gattuso either hard or intimidating?

....you know who Gattuso is right?  ???

Yeah, he's the little Italian bloke at AC Milan. He also indulges in "simulation".

Bryan Robson.

Now he was f****** hard.

Agreed.

A real hard man not just a yappy whinger who did little else "hard" other than harangue referees and break a fellow pros leg on purpose.

you don't like Roy Keane then ?

Fair enough

You do ?

Also fair enough.

I'm not bothered either way, but I'm not letting the fact that he played for manu and is now the mackems manager influence my view of what happened

I can't remember Roy Keane kicking a bloke in the head as he was on the ground mind. ;)

Neville and Scholes didn't wear the Nike anti racism tracksuit tops for the pre-match warm up which both sets of players had been asked to wear. Vieira decided to enquire why, and Neville supposedly told him that he wasn't wearing "that cunt Thierry Henry's rubbish". It kicked off from there and Roy Keane got confused with Vieira's Senegalese charity and the Henry/Nike racism thing, hence Keane's strange comments about Senegal to Vieira ("you love Senegal so much, why don't you play for them?") during the whole incident.

If he loved Ireland so much.........................

I remember another incident in the tunnel with those two where Arsenal were top and unbeaten, Man U were quite a way behind, and Vieira said, "smile Roy", and he replied with something like, "I would be f*cking smiling if we were unbeaten and top of the league".

Wouldn't of stood up to Ferguson or Gattuso like...

In what way is Gattuso either hard or intimidating?

....you know who Gattuso is right?  ???

Yeah, he's the little Italian bloke at AC Milan. He also indulges in "simulation".

Put off by his size tbh. An utter lunatic.

When i watch him play i see someone who can dish it out but can't take it.

Guest Stephen927

As a player, he had a tendency to get wound up far too easily. In management, he seems to have calmed himself down to a degree.

I think Keane was embarrassed by his actions at SJP with Shearer and even admitted in his book that Shearer won that personal dual if you like by remaining cool, where as he lost it. Btw Keane admires Shearer greatly and vice versa. If they were team-mates they'd probably be the best of mates. Two of the best competitors our game has seen in my opinion.

"Shearers right, I am a prick"!!

Shearer had a habit of standing up to the players with "harder" reputations - there was that time he made sure Neil Lennon had mouth insurance.

yeah, takes a real hard man to stamp on someone when their on the ground. Being in the army i see tough guys but never any that would square up to Alan 'did you see what he did to me referee' Shearer

Shearer had a habit of standing up to the players with "harder" reputations - there was that time he made sure Neil Lennon had mouth insurance.

yeah, takes a real hard man to stamp on someone when their on the ground. Being in the army i see tough guys but never any that would square up to Alan 'did you see what he did to me referee' Shearer

Some Iraqi prisoners would of been quite happy with a simple stamp on the head.

You never have a single good word for Alan. Always putting him down in every way you can.

PS: They're

You never have a single good word for Alan. Always putting him down in every way you can.

PS: They're

wasn't so much putting him down as saying his stamp on Lennon is hardly the action of a 'hard man'